It's a tennis tosser-off

Fade_To_Black

Bernard Tomic today in the Davis Cup was caught on TV camera whinging to team captain Lleyton Hewitt about Nick Kyrgios pulling out of the competition with a supposed 'illness'. Coincidently Tonic was getting beaten at the time and went on to lose.
Kyrgios replied via social media saying something to the effect of "don't expect me to have your back anytime soon" to Tomic.

2 of the absolute biggest flogs in world sport having a domestic….the question is which one is THE biggest flog. If it was a horse race it would be a photo finish for sure.
They should get in the ring and paw, scratch and slap each other for all they are worth the nancies.

A pair of douches, but unsurprising in a sport where kids are told they're all that for years. It's no wonder they have no humility.

Both, Kyrgios and Tomic do not deserve to be called to play for Australia ever again, I do not care if we lose against Zimbabwe/Bangladesh, enough is enough.

Absolutely. I just find it ironic that 2 wallopers that pretty much every sports fan hates can't stand each other. They should both be grateful to the other for trying to take the mantle off of themselves as far as world's most despised sportspeople go.

@Fade To Black said:
Bernard Tomic today in the Davis Cup was caught on TV camera whinging to team captain Lleyton Hewitt about Nick Kyrgios pulling out of the competition with a supposed 'illness'. Coincidently Tonic was getting beaten at the time and went on to lose.
Kyrgios replied via social media saying something to the effect of "don't expect me to have your back anytime soon" to Tomic.

2 of the absolute biggest flogs in world sport having a domestic….the question is which one is THE biggest flog. If it was a horse race it would be a photo finish for sure.
They should get in the ring and paw, scratch and slap each other for all they are worth the nancies.

I'm a Hewitt fan

But his decision to unretire would have me box that trifecta FTB

Was never a Lleyton fan but at least he had the redeeming feature of never giving up and battling every time he stepped onto the court.
These other 2 arrogant upstart bastards wouldn't tie his shoelaces in that regard. The sooner they disappear out of view the better,but tennis being tennis there will be no shortage of codsacks to step into their shadows I guess.

Kyrgios is just an angry young man with no filter. Inside he's a good bloke. Tomic, is a douchebag inside. He's a creepy weirdo and always has been.

@MacDougall said:
Kyrgios is just an angry young man with no filter. Inside he's a good bloke. Tomic, is a douchebag inside. He's a creepy weirdo and always has been.

I know people in the tennis world that know Kyrgios for ages and they are very good friends so guess he must be okay on the inside. Kyrgios is Oz only hope for see-able future so hope he sticks at it and keeps winning. At least we have someone to follow.

Yeah Kyrgios is good friends with most on the tour (Stan Wawrinka notable exception… now) and anyone who has personal contact with him only speaks well of him.

They are both knobs who drop their lollies when the chips are down…making excuses and lashing out. You wouldn't want to be in the trenches with either of them.

@Byron Bay Fan said:
@MacDougall said:

I know people in the tennis world that know Kyrgios for ages and they are very good friends so guess he must be okay on the inside. Kyrgios is Oz only hope for see-able future so hope he sticks at it and keeps winning. At least we have someone to follow.

I don't care that Kyrgios is an Aussie, i will never support an A-hole like him. Would rather support Sam Groth even though he will never win anything he at least shows a bit of Aussie spirit and isn't a spoilt prat like NK or Tomic.

I loved how Kyrgios got back at Warinka for Warinka claiming that Kyrgios was faking an asthma attack in earlier match. If you can't take it then don't start it. He has a bit of our Tommy R in him. Controversy does not always mean bad for a sport, my mother only began watching cricket or any sport when Chapel bowled underarm to NZ. Then she hated the West Indies for bashing up the beloved Aussies.

@stryker said:
They are both knobs who drop their lollies when the chips are down…making excuses and lashing out. You wouldn't want to be in the trenches with either of them.

Pretty much. If they had some conviction you could at least respect them but when something goes against them they drop their bundles and sook it up deluxe. Not a huge Hewitt fan either but at least he never gave up.

@Fade To Black said:

It would be Bonecrusher v Our Waverly Star, a battle for the ages…

2 of the biggest tools in Aussie sport.

I'm not much of a Tennis fan but didn't Tomic recently withdraw from a tournament mid match because wanted to focus on another tournament?

I saw Kyrgios arguing with people bagging him on his fb page a couple weeks ago, calling them ''haters'' and asking what they've ever achieved in their lives. Absolute germ of a human being.

@GNR4LIFE said:
I saw Kyrgios arguing with people bagging him on his fb page a couple weeks ago, calling them ''haters'' and asking what they've ever achieved in their lives. Absolute germ of a human being.

i don't mind him serving a bit back, that is social media these days. Tall poppy syndrome it is called. Mundine was the same and up went ticket sales.

@Byron Bay Fan said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

i don't mind him serving a bit back, that is social media these days. Tall poppy syndrome it is called. Mundine was the same and up went ticket sales.

Tall poppy syndrome has to be the biggest cop out known to man. It's essentially saying people with high profiles are above criticism and the only reason anyone has to criticize them is jealousy.

Didn't it occur to anyone that when Tomic was accusing Kyrgios of faking we had just witnessed naughty Farah up in the stand at Campo enjoying the game immensely instead at home or hospital convalescing?

Who was Farah's company at Cambo by the way?

@Byron Bay Fan said:
Didn't it occur to anyone that when Tomic was accusing Kyrgios of faking we had just witnessed naughty Farah up in the stand at Campo enjoying the game immensely instead at home or hospital convalescing?

Who was Farah's company at Cambo by the way?

Would be nice to converse just once with you where you don't try and turn everything into a riddle. It's old and boring.

Back