Isaiah Papali’i #265

He’s never fitted into our systems ( if we have any). Was used in a totally different, and much more effective way at Parra.

yeah i do get that and dont disagree, but still doesn't account for some of his issues. I see a lack of desire in the extra effort area's. By no means is he on his own in that regard, i just don't rate the guy.

yeah i do get that and dont disagree, but still doesn't account for some of his issues. I see a lack of desire in the extra effort area's. By no means is he on his own in that regard, i just don't rate the guy.
I tend to agree with you coastie has offered very little in his time here, as I feared he has turned out to be Adam Blair MK11

Ok, so we all agree that Papalii isn't performing here.

Great, so lets swap him!
Papalii has enough form and rep to be worth something to other teams. RCG would be a player I would target from Parra for a swap with Pap's.
Roosters may want to give someone up. Melbourne, this guy comes to mind...
NelsonAsofa-SolomonaPositionPropIs a member of theStorm
https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/teams/nrl-premiership/melbourne-storm/nelson-asofa-solomona/
We talk to the players, we talk to the team and we make it happen.
No point in Paps staying here if he won't perform here.

Great, so lets swap him!
Papalii has enough form and rep to be worth something to other teams. RCG would be a player I would target from Parra for a swap with Pap's.
https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/teams/nrl-premiership/melbourne-storm/nelson-asofa-solomona/
I reckon we could definitely get a deal done with South's or Bulldogs.

Ice for Fox is a deal that could be made.
South's. Everyone's saying they needle some forwards.... just not sure who I'd want in return, that's realistic.

I reckon we could definitely get a deal done with South's or Bulldogs.

Ice for Fox is a deal that could be made.
South's. Everyone's saying they needle some forwards.... just not sure who I'd want in return, that's realistic.

Ah, we should NOT be downgrading our forwards. Please repeat after me, we should not be downgrading our forwards.

We haven't sorted our spine, and if our front row cannot punch on... Then the spine needs to take up the tackling side of defense along with the Strategic side.

Dogs: Josh Curran (doubt it would happen), Kurt Mann maybe...

Souths: Jai Arrow (I am dreaming) or Keoan KEAONKOLOAMATANGI

We seem to have a gap at lock and there are a lot of Locks in those sides.

Ah, we should NOT be downgrading our forwards. Please repeat after me, we should not be downgrading our forwards.

We haven't sorted our spine, and if our front row cannot punch on... Then the spine needs to take up the tackling side of defense along with the Strategic side.

Dogs: Josh Curran (doubt it would happen), Kurt Mann maybe...

Souths: Jai Arrow (I am dreaming) or Keoan KEAONKOLOAMATANGI

We seem to have a gap at lock and there are a lot of Locks in those sides.
Koloamatangi is a Souths junior no way he’ll leave.

The question has to be asked as to why he’s gone from Dally M second rower of the year to what he is currently. What is it about players signing here & becoming a shadow of their former selves?
The bloke putting him through holes. I think Tigers believe they have addressed that in Luai. Moses is a fair player as was Dylan Brown. You don’t let players like that go until you get the halves right. Luai and Galvin should be a good pairing.

The bloke putting him through holes. I think Tigers believe they have addressed that in Luai. Moses is a fair player as was Dylan Brown. You don’t let players like that go until you get the halves right. Luai and Galvin should be a good pairing.
I think there is more to it than that.

- Weaker team overall
- Lack of forward momentum
- Lack of halves putting him in holes
- He's not in a team playing with confidence like Parra
- His standards have lowered since moving to WT

I think there is more to it than that.

- Weaker team overall
- Lack of forward momentum
- Lack of halves putting him in holes
- He's not in a team playing with confidence like Parra
- His standards have lowered since moving to WT
No argument with those points but would like to add:
We are psychologically conditioned to losing.

No argument with those points but would like to add:
We are psychologically conditioned to losing.
Agree.

It's pretty consistent when we start a season, our new players are our best, and then by the end of the season they fall back to the rest of the group.

Bula, Klemmer, Api last year. Galvin, and S Fainu this year => get ready for them to slow down significantly by round 20. Even Daine Laurie looked great in his first year with us.

Great, so lets swap him!
It's in Benji's Court as to whether he takes action.

He is a middle forward our problem is we don’t have any big aggressive edge forwards other than Fainu at the moment to move him into the middle permanently.
Bateman is probably the answer at the moment but I think his game would best be suited coming off the bench after 20 minutes adding a bit of speed into the middle with his elusive running and quick play the ball.

You don't move forward on a player like IPap you bring other players to strengthen the quality of the squad. The very reason why players perform better in higher quality teams.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back