Is next week must win?

Yes, definitely is a must win with an 8 day turn around and playing at a home ground, we have a few excuses for the Dolphins game and the end result was probably expected by most on here.

Dragons are a hot and cold team like we are proving to be and if they turn up to play then they definitely will not be easy beats but we are starting to harden up a little and are starting to show that we can come back against adversity, don't know what Benji says at half time to fire them up but so far it seems to be working.

We need to start playing for 80 minutes because winning the second half does not get you any competition points and I am sure if we can do that we can win at least as many games as we lose, but unfortunately I think it is going to be injuries, suspensions and lack of depth that determines our season.
I’d feel a lot more confident if Galvin was playing..

We need to get back on the win cycle , starting this week , Panthers this year are beatable , let’s hope we have Galvin and Bateman back as they were missed yesterday and the boys fire up the aggressive defence again like The Parra game and Sharks game , we bashed the sharks out of the game , sit them down and watch the tape boys you have forgotten what you started , we have already proved we can go with top teams and beat them just got to play the same each week

We need to get back on the win cycle , starting this week , Panthers this year are beatable , let’s hope we have Galvin and Bateman back as they were missed yesterday and the boys fire up the aggressive defence again like The Parra game and Sharks game , we bashed the sharks out of the game , sit them down and watch the tape boys you have forgotten what you started , we have already proved we can go with top teams and beat them just got to play the same each week

I don’t disagree that they miss Galvin … unbelievable that they are already so reliant on an 18 yr old kid who has played 2 games

I think you are little high on Bateman as a difference maker … he did nothing positive last week against the Dolphins..: because he got up for one game against the Sharks doesn’t impress me in isolation …

but the reality is that they have so little depth that they cant really replace anyone outside the halves and hooker with NRL quality depth

I don’t disagree that they miss Galvin … unbelievable that they are already so reliant on an 18 yr old kid who has played 2 games

I think you are little high on Bateman as a difference maker … he did nothing positive last week against the Dolphins..: because he got up for one game against the Sharks doesn’t impress me in isolation …

but the reality is that they have so little depth that they cant really replace anyone outside the halves and hooker with NRL quality depth

*1.9 games.

Still can't believe we did that, to come back against Parramatta, but especially the Sharks game.

We started hard and fast against the Sharks and they must have been in complete shock, how they didn't beat us and put a score on us especially with the speed and power they have on the edges is incredible.

I guess there is always next time, just like the Cowboys last season and yes we do play both of them twice.

Winning more than 3 games in a row is a must
We haven't done it for the past six seasons
We have to break the curse sooner or later
Me thinks the curse will be broken soon this season
That's my hope every year... Win 3 then can afford to drop one, then win another two... Drop one or two... But always more consecutive W's than Ls
After ten rounds should be 12 or 14 points, do that again the back end or hopefully even improve we are looking at 30, 32,.34 comp points

Dare to dream... It appears we are miles from that still 😞

It was a very disappointing result but I was somewhat impressed by Benji's honesty and how specific he was in his response to the performance.

BUT

Its also up to Benji to squeeze the performances he's talking about out of the team. It's in those instances where the supposed Wayne Bennett esq man management skills are supposed to come to the fore. Its not enough to sit in press conferences and bemoan a lack of standards after the fact. You'll only get so many goes at doing that... He has been driving this team's tactics since 2023...

Pre game at Campbelltown, are they focused? are they sleeping?, Sir Alex Ferguson used to know which senior players he could 'scream at' (for very little reason) in order to deliberately make a scene that made less experienced players focus. You gotta have that bag of tricks sometimes.

We won’t be getting the spoon with the Titans around.
I'm not sure about that. Des has a bit of a history of taking over a team and then that team taking a while to get it together. But they eventually do and then start playing some decent footy. Same happened with his last stint at Manly. I thought the Titans played pretty decently on Sunday.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back