IS IT TIME FOR PRIVATISATION

Mando Tiger

I Have followed Balmain since the early 50s I remember players like Bobby Lulham Joe Jorgensen Billy Marsh and so on
In my opinion the merger under it's present ADMINISTRATION outside of 2005 has not and is not working.
I believe it is time for Wests Ashfield to put the licence up tender to a private consortium or company ala Broncos
This just my thoughts which I am putting out their for sensible debate and not for a ( Balmain / West ) one
Thank you

I Have followed Balmain since the early 50s I remember players like Bobby Lulham Joe Jorgensen Billy Marsh and so on
In my opinion the merger under it's present ADMINISTRATION outside of 2005 has not and is not working.
I believe it is time for Wests Ashfield to put the licence up tender to a private consortium or company ala Broncos
This just my thoughts which I am putting out their for sensible debate and not for a ( Balmain / West ) one
Thank you
The changes made last year have the potential to set us up for the future so I wouldn't be looking at privatisation.

Why do they need to relinquish if we have an independent board that should serve a similar purpose organizationally.

There are negatives to privatization with the biggest negatives being playing location & reduced investment in junior pathways. At some point they will stop tipping cash into the club out of their own pocket.

If we privatized doubt we play at LO and probably CS ever again.

Let's see what happens over the next two months regarding the rest of the report recommendations being implemented including appointment of another 3 independent board members PLUS securing Richo long-term.

If HBG under its new chairpersonship reneges on these, well we may need to revisit.

7/10 of the last premierships were won by clubs that are owned by leagues clubs.

That's pretty much in line with the percentage of clubs in the comp that are owned by leagues clubs.

It would seem that private ownership plays little to no role in success.

I dont think its a question of who owns the club but more so how the organisation can be simplified to accommodate a more effective more rigid chain of command.

As long as the board isn’t full of HBG entertainment and hospitality people. I see no problem with them owning it.
It’s the fact that idiots from that group sat on the board and made atrocious decisions that almost killed this club.

Which is what is currently happening.
Is it? Until I see a simplified organisational chart I remain unconvinced but full of hope. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful for the changes because I’m not. I want to see more independent board members who have their seat due to a meritorious selection process.

Is it? Until I see a simplified organisational chart I remain unconvinced but full of hope. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful for the changes because I’m not. I want to see more independent board members who have their seat due to a meritorious selection process.
The skills matrix for board members is currently being written, 3 more independent directors will be appointed using this skills matrix.

Board members can not approach the ceo or coach, and approach to the ceo has to go through the chair and any approach to the coach needs to go through the ceo.

The ownership groups will only have decision making input on non football reserved matters. The constitution of the Wests Tigers is being changed to reflect this.

I am confident that this will all be implemented.

Do people think there will be an independent board running things if they sell to someone else?

The skills matrix for board members is currently being written, 3 more independent directors will be appointed using this skills matrix.

Board members can not approach the ceo or coach, and approach to the ceo has to go through the chair and any approach to the coach needs to go through the ceo.

The ownership groups will only have decision making input on non football reserved matters. The constitution of the Wests Tigers is being changed to reflect this.

is there any indication of a timeline for said implementations?

I was under the impression that this was planned to be completed within 90 days of Richo’s appointment which would have been March 31 …

Any idea of what the delay may be?

I’m going to believe it when I see it to be honest … not many entities give up total control of something they own … even if it’s just the “football matters” …

Back