Greenberg to quit dogs for NRL job

Fraze23

CANTERBURY chief executive Todd Greenberg is expected to leave the Bulldogs and assume a role at the NRL as second in command.

The NRL has called a press conference at 1pm today where embattled chief executive Dave Smith is expected to unveil a raft of management changes.

Former New Zealand Rugby League boss Jim Doyle is also expected to win a new role.

Both Greenberg and Doyle were touted as contenders for Smith's job when the NRL was searching for a replacement for David Gallop last season.

The expected appointments could help alleviate some of the pressure on Smith following reports in The Australian today that he is rapidly losing the faith of the game's 16 NRL chief executives.
\
\
\
RECOMMENDED COVERAGE

NRL clubs losing faith in Smith
Clubs losing faith in NRL boss: Honeysett
Rugby league

Smith was also attacked by Sydney radio king Ray Hadley following a record low crowd figure for Sunday's City-Country game in Coffs Harbour.

The NRL boss had earlier suggested in an interview that jumping castles, rock bands and milliom dollar kicks could help turn around sagging crowd figures.
\
\
\
\
Great news for the NRL IMO. Greenberg has been an astute manager at the dogs. It'll be good to have someone who is actually going to do something with the game. It seems to me as though the commission have just sat on their hands ever since they were created. They've only done 2 things. Eliminate the shoulder charge and change the finals format. I see Greenberg going hard out on making the game more affordable and boosting crowd figures.

What are your thoughts?

Had to be made imo, Greenberg will be able to focus on the issues in the NRL and SMith can just worry about the financial side of things.

Fine move.

I do want Ray Hadley to get dehli belly and crap himself to death though

@Demonborger said:
Had to be made imo, Greenberg will be able to focus on the issues in the NRL and SMith can just worry about the financial side of things.

I can't even see what Smith can do with the financials of the ARLC , he screwed up royally in his last position which was all finance , lost almost a billion dollars

Have Greenberg as the face of the ARLC and a team of accountants working for him

Positive move for the game. Smith might be great business wise but answering daily questions about a game he barely know is embarrassing.

Greenburg will do a much better job.

Hopefully a great move by the ARLC. I've been very impressed with most things they have done since coming into operation a little over a year ago.

I was @ Gold Coast airport last Friday afternoon.
Waiting for a plane home and I see Todd Greenburg & Des Hasler hop off a plane and walk into the terminal.

Is NRL's head office in GC or what?
Thought it was strange as there was no games that weekend.

@Demps said:
Waiting for a plane home and I see Todd Greenburg & Des Hasler hop off a plane and walk into the terminal.

The were on the Gold Coast for the funeral of Greg Eastwoods father.

@LaT said:
@Demps said:

The were on the Gold Coast for the funeral of Greg Eastwoods father.

Ohhhh, okay!
Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Back