Golf

tiger_one

Rory McIllroy wind the Scottish Open, 2023.
It's the 24th win of his career and second this season.

1689546513548.png

Well done Jason Day 2nd at the open
Hes one of only 9 golfers in history to have a 2nd in all 4 majors
Hes also won 13 PGA events incl a PGA major and a former No 1

Jason Day teamed up with Lydia Ko at the Grant Thornton Invitational and at 20 under par after 2 rounds going into tomorrows final 4 ball round .They lead by 2 shots
Today they shot 6 under in foursomes ( alternate shot) which is remarkable as this alternate shot is really difficult .Well done so far by this Australasian pair
PS this is the first PGA / LPGA event since 1999.

Jason and Lydia won at 26 under by 1 shot they pocket $1 mill USD between them
That's $760k AUD each .well done guys and well done PGA and LPGA on getting together
This is a very big pay day especially for Lydia Ko where LPGA prizemoney is usually much lower than the men . Although still higher than PGA Australia events . They both pocket nearly 3 times what the recent winner of the Australian open did .
In tennis our open has prize money equal to or better than other grand slams but in golf can only conclude that the Australian PGA Is lousy at attracting big sponsors

When I was young, I sucked at golf.
But now, after years of dedication, practice and coaching, I'm no longer young.

J Day 4 off the lead going into the final round of the big signature event the GENYSIS Invitational at the famous Riviera CC golf course which is surrounded by many movie stars homes .Go well tomorrow morning Jason !

Latest posts

Members online

Back