Gold coast, Newcastle, Bulldogs, dragons, Broncos

watersider

I know we are the worst of this bunch, but these teams have loaded their rosters, put up and coming coaches in, get all the hype and are all still a hundred miles off being top tier. In many ways we're in a better position than them with better cap flexibility in future and eventually getting new training facility.

These clubs show that there's not an easy way to success. Even with quality purchases, desirable coaches and supposedly good club cultures it doesn't guarantee success.

We're all sick of losing, but I don't really envy any of those teams. Feels almost like they have to blow it all up again. You could argue we are still building.

Yep, my best friend is a Dragons supporter & he has already stopped watching. I liked Madge's comment that we don't have pressure cos we are expected to lose! Tigers to beat Cronulla by 10 tomorrow. Hat trick for Toa!

wish Tim was stupid enough 2 say its a 5yr plan,which(hope} it is.states we wont really see any progress for 3 years at best.

Yep, my best friend is a Dragons supporter & he has already stopped watching. I liked Madge's comment that we don't have pressure cos we are expected to lose! Tigers to beat Cronulla by 10 tomorrow. Hat trick for Toa!
hope they all pull a trick outta the hat

I know we are the worst of this bunch, but these teams have loaded their rosters, put up and coming coaches in, get all the hype and are all still a hundred miles off being top tier. In many ways we're in a better position than them with better cap flexibility in future and eventually getting new training facility.

These clubs show that there's not an easy way to success. Even with quality purchases, desirable coaches and supposedly good club cultures it doesn't guarantee success.

We're all sick of losing, but I don't really envy any of those teams. Feels almost like they have to blow it all up again. You could argue we are still building.
Good post

Why people care what other clubs are doing? Have we looked like winning a game in NRL or NSW cup? Sugar coats the things all you want but we are so far off the pace and have nothing to give us optimism. Yep every week I dream up reasons we can watch win but I may as well just pray to the sky fairies.

Nice word play from Madge. His job is hanging by a thread. He’s under a mountain of pressure.

I believe if the top 15 clubs atm crash, we've got a darn good chance of avoiding the wooden spoon.

Be
Why people care what other clubs are doing? Have we looked like winning a game in NRL or NSW cup? Sugar coats the things all you want but we are so far off the pace and have nothing to give us optimism. Yep every week I dream up reasons we can watch win but I may as well just pray to the sky fairies.
Because we are in the same competition as them? Is it not beneficial to survey how other teams have approached a rebuild and compare it to our own strategy to there’s and see witch way works best? I agree with original post I think we are going about it the rite way

Be

Because we are in the same competition as them? Is it not beneficial to survey how other teams have approached a rebuild and compare it to our own strategy to there’s and see witch way works best? I agree with original post I think we are going about it the rite way
It’s very relevant. But when you compare how other teams improved over the off season to us, it makes us look even worse, as impossible as it is. If you don‘t acknowledge other clubs improvements, it at least allows you to live in denial

Nah its just a crap competition - 5 rounds in and the top 6 is already sorted - they will just be jostling for positions in the 6. 7th And 8th still a lottery like it has been for so long. 10 ordinary teams ( and yep that includes souffs and raiders ) fighting it out for 2 spots. Great competition.

But when you compare how other teams improved over the off season to us, it makes us look even worse, as impossible as it is.

I'm not convinced. I think it shows how hard it is to go from the bottom to the top but more than that I think it shows how you can appear to get it right but it doesn't work out.

We are ordinary but I think we are building without stuffing our cap. That may help us longer term.

I also didn't expect us to have a good year. I said we are a bottom 4 team prior to the season starting.

I'm more interested in how we build this year especially our halves and spine. I think our spine is a massive issue. We also need to sort out our edge backrowers for next year but Papalli is a really good player.

Nah its just a crap competition - 5 rounds in and the top 6 is already sorted - they will just be jostling for positions in the 6. 7th And 8th still a lottery like it has been for so long. 10 ordinary teams ( and yep that includes souffs and raiders ) fighting it out for 2 spots. Great competition.

It's a lop sided comp but we have to become one of the top teams. Rorting the cap is an issue but another issue is our poor recruitment and retention. We need to get that right.

I look at though the Titans with Fifita on a million a season. Fifita is the best edge running backrower in the comp when he is on but he isn't on very much at all. It seems a waste of big dollars. Canterbury bought well and they still look ordinary.

I'm not saying 'how good are we compared to these guys so it's all good that we suck'. In fact, I started by saying we are the worst of the bunch.

But even considering that, I'd say these clubs have been perceived to be on track for the last three years in terms of coaching and recruitment, yet really they don't seem close. We all wanted better recruitment, but looking at those teams, it takes even more than that.

So my post was mainly to highlight that there's not an easy fix and success is hard and perhaps we're not so bad off despite short term (or actually it's been long-term) pain. I'm not really sure what some of the posts are going against in my post. I suppose just general disappointment that this isn't a Luke Brooks discussion?

That's the issue. Sam 6 every year with maybe two changes at 7 and 8th spot.

For a competition that is meant to be equal it the opposite. People go on that some clubs are just better but that doesn't equate to that much division.

The fact that the Storm and Roosters can have so many State of Origin players and we don't have 1 shows to the playing field.

I'm not a fan of drafts but honestly we can't keep going on like this. If the Same teams make the Grand final I don't actually watch it.

Find it boring to be honest.

We are now where these clubs were 2-3 years ago. We were in the 7-12 block while these teams were in the 13-16 block. Now the roles have somewhat rerversed. Cowboys/Dragons/Dogs with us are in the 13-16 block but I don't think will be there next year.

We will likely be 16th this year but don't think we will get close to top 8 for 2 years at least.

Need to spend 2022/23/24 in locking up juniors, getting good coaches for junior ranks and suring up off-field roles.

Sheens to coach the coaches, Madge to set standards for NRL players and go back to the 2012/13 days when we used to win a lot of junior/reserve grade comps. But this time, gotta work harder on keeping the good players that debut with us. Can't have kids using us to get a start, play 30-40 games here then go to good teams to "win a comp".

Back