Get To Campbelltown Next Sunday!!

Gates open at 2.30 no early game ridiculous when were trying to get people to turn up.
Absolutely ridiculous, why couldn’t they transfer the KOE. Who makes these decisions, and why ?
In my day we used to get to the ground early to watch 3rds, 2nds and Firsts.
That’s called supporting your club !!!!
Come on Richo, please get involved and correct for future home games.

Absolutely ridiculous, why couldn’t they transfer the KOE. Who makes these decisions, and why ?
Pretty sure it’s the NRL, not the club.

Pretty sure it’s the NRL, not the club.

Not too many go watch the lower game anyway. Looked liked a couple of hundred for west v parra a fortnight ago at Commbank.
They will if it’s a regular thing. And it bonds the club and supporters, doesn’t matter whether there’s 200 or 10,000.

It’s not the NRL…. other clubs have KOE played before the NRL game.

It’s either the club or council limiting games at the venue within same day.

It is absolutely dumb of the club to let it happen.
It’s dumb, but it’s something that has become a lot more common in recent years. Long gone are the days you could watch 3 grades. On the odd occasion it happens these days, clubs make a big deal out of it when it happens. Thus how rare it is.

I was the same Hb61. I'd normally arrive at the ground at about half time in the 3rd grade, especially when Wests were playing at Pratten Park.
I think one thing that has been raised over the years is playing 2 games before the main game could at times chop up the playing surface badly.
But that was quite a few years ago, and generally the playing surfaces are much better quality now.

I am heading out there. Taking my youngest boy. He has Down Syndrome and Autism so the noise can sometimes really scare him. Brought him some earmuffs so we will try that. He doesn’t say too much but he can do the Tigers chant and if I say Parra to him he automatically says boo!!! Really disappointed that both Cup and Flegg have home games but are playing at different venues. Hopefully we get a big roll up and stick it right up those Dragons. Up da Tiges!!!
Have you tried the little foam earplug thingys? For working with power tools and stuff I get em by the box from total tools but I’m a tradey. They’d have em at Bunnings too. You can get re-useable ones that have a little handle. Not as cumbersome and more discreet. I’ll be willing good luck that we win on the day for yas.

The womens comps complicate things too.... When they start... I think they'd want separate change rooms etc only the big stadiums can orovide

NRL have no say over reserve grade which is NSWRL run.
Wests decided late last year to move all their home games to Lidcombe... At the time and without thinking much about it I thought it was a good idea... But not now.

The thought we are close to a sell out on Sunday has me pumped, good weather team playing pretty good.. Good vibes around the club I reckon the players would get a buzz from a full house too... Let them know in the (C) run tomorrow... Hopefully a pro WTs crown can encourage Mr Atkins to give us a penalty when we need it.

A reggies curtain raiser wod be just the thing to top it off especially with a W like the other week at Parra

The trouble is that there is about an hour between the end of the reserve grade game and the NRL game.
There was a day last year with all 3 games and I was there with about 50 other people for the start of the Flegg and a few more for start of Reserve Grade.

You would expect a crowd of thousands for the earlier games based on all the people who comment on it.

You are right, the time between the games to allow for the warm ups on the ground is a turn off for many.

Wests Tigers never had a problem attracting decent crowds to Campbelltown when the team played well. The fans of this club have stuck solid they just won't pay to watch their team get smashed like other teams fans camped at the bottom. They have shown glimpses of improvement this season and that's what will attract a good crowd where ever they play. Sunday arvo against a Sydney team after some good performances unless it pours was always going to be a decent crowd as it should be.
The teams performance AND the clubs performance have improved. We’re not a laughing stock anymore. People will come back.

The teams performance AND the clubs performance have improved. We’re not a laughing stock anymore. People will come back.
We need to start regularly finishing in the top 8 before we are totally out of the woods to kill that perception. At least once anyway.

Not too many go watch the lower game anyway. Looked liked a couple of hundred for west v parra a fortnight ago at Commbank.
Yeah I got there about 2 hours before that game. Nobody really seemed interested in the reserve grade game

Plenty of things outside the stadium for the kids and leagues club was packed to the brim. Everyone crams in the stadium about 10-15 mins before the game lol

You’d have to go way back to when a fair few people were actually interested in lower grades

How does it work if you are a member, and obviously don’t need to buy tickets. Can you still get in?

How does it work if you are a member, and obviously don’t need to buy tickets. Can you still get in?
Ticketed members would have reserved seating depending on their membership

Just regular members would get a discount..I think that’s how it works

Haven’t been a member since 2015…been considering signing back up these past few weeks

Back