Forum mobile version

Lujke

Noticed the new mobile version of forums when I logged on today, it's great to have a version that runs nice and fast on my mobile and I looks good o. The iPhone. Just a few quick notes, I noticed that the time and date of post is note listed, this is handy to have so we know when people make comments when they are referring to something. It would also be handy to have he forum sections or topic paths up the top so we can skip back only on or two steps if needed instead of going all the way to begining. I hope this bit of feedback makes sense and is easy enough to implement as the main access for me to this website is via my iPhone during the day to pass away the quiet times at work.

It's still in a Beta phase of development.
LOTS of bugs to sort out. But yes, it's defiantely a lot easier to view the forum on a mobile device now.
We're trying to lay it out so that it looks good on both the iphone and lower-res screens like the N95
work in progress…

thanks for the comments. please post your thoughts on it as we continue to update it

don't know if this hapens to anybody else but when you try to view the last page of a thread it is often hard to get to because it doesn't fit on the screen.

Another good tool for those that want it uploaded fast, but I was quite happy to wait on my iphone and get all the forum as on my PC.
Can there be an option that you can nominate which version you want to use on your mobile.

Also, I use the phone as my daughter or son are always using the PC doing homework etc, and it hard reading and navigating through it as the headings on my phone get doubled up.

This morning as I wait for the 4 Nations to start , on the PC and when I logged in , now my PC is in the Mobile format.

I love everything about this forum….but this is bugging me

This is really starting to bug me now, I can't view the forum in the standard format (it was never that slow anyhow) can we have an option to view the standard format as it looks and works great on the iPhone

Unfortunately i cannot check this as i don't have a smart phone haha Can someone please let me know if the site remains the same in the main site but different when accessed from mobile.weststigersforum.com

Thanks

Ok…

Just managed to check it out and it looks good to go (for me anyway), but if people can report back and tell me any problems. Basically i threw in a check to see whether the domain contains the sub-domain "mobile" if not it will use the normal site skin... if it does it will display the mobile skin.

However this also removes the automatic redirect, so to access the mobile friendly version please visit http://mobile.weststigersforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The sooner we get confirmation this is working properly the sooner we can roll it all out.

Cheers, Mike

something else is that from the main page (http://www.weststigersforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) the 'Latest Posts' doesn't link to the thread it just goes straight to the forum index.

Also i don't know if it's just me but when i'm logged in the forum is balack and more compact, but when i'm not logged in it's blue and looks like its either zoomed in or stretched.

Members online

Back