Films Not Movies

I know I'm a bit late to the party but The Banshees of Inisherin was unbelievably good. I watched it nearly 2 weeks ago and I'm still thinking about it daily.

Also to whoever suggested Wind River I very much second that recommendation, along with Hell or High Water from the same team of film-makers.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but The Banshees of Inisherin was unbelievably good. I watched it nearly 2 weeks ago and I'm still thinking about it daily.

Also to whoever suggested Wind River I very much second that recommendation, along with Hell or High Water from the same team of film-makers.
Banshees is a crazy old ride isnt it?
Very well acted by everyone.

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant.
Bad ass movie about the honour between American and Afghan allies during the war.
Jake Gyllenhal and the Iraqi actor Dar Salim are both excellent.
No woke agendas or new age bullshit...just a timeless story told expertly and acted superbly.
Very good watch @Tucker, no PC BS just entertainment.

More Aussie drama.
Looks alright, but its a story that keeps being regurgitated in this joint.
Id like to see a filmaker for once have the balls to tell a story, painting this country in a good light, and ignore these scumbag arseholes who live on the peripheries of society.
Why does every Aussie film have to portray horrible, evil people doing nasty shit to each other?
We occaisionally have fun here dont we?

Looks alright, but its a story that keeps being regurgitated in this joint.
Id like to see a filmaker for once have the balls to tell a story, painting this country in a good light, and ignore these scumbag arseholes who live on the peripheries of society.
Why does every Aussie film have to portray horrible, evil people doing nasty shit to each other?
We occaisionally have fun here dont we?
I reckon it looks terrible, haha.
Not going out of my way for this one.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is on track to do its arse to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars…
Who’d have thunk no one wanted to watch a bloke who is over 80 appear in an action film drenched in CGI and de-aging software, where he is upstaged by a feminist hack?
Suck shit to all involved, sincerely.

Has anyone seen the new Indiana Jones movie?
My cousin saw it and reported back that it’s a complete mess that destroys the Indiana Jones character. Dull action that is heavy on CGI and the lead woman upstages Ford in every way possible, making him look old and pathetic. He HATED it.
The returns back him up. This movie needs to make $750-800 million to break even. It has so far taken $255 million. Abysmal.

Franchises like Star Wars and Indiana Jones have had all the juice squeezed out of them. The live action remakes of Disney movies are vehicles to provide new copyrighted material on those characters and franchises.

Hollywood is lazy and needs fresh ideas. People will tire of the same old shit and it'll force their hand to go back to creating new movies instead of rehashing existing stuff.

Got a wild one for you all.
When Evil Lurks.
Creepy as hell and as violent as anything out there.

Members online

Back