Farah and Marshall refused testimonial game by NRL

Toddy and co playing favourites to a certain few isn't surprising. The sooner he goes the better off the game will be.

@formerguest They would be able to hold it as a charity event, the issue is the players receiving the funds, which I'm fundamentally against anyway.

I know I'll probably accused of being a Farah and Marshall hater but they aren't one club players .....Benji isn't a one code player

I know this a bit out their idea wise ....but why can't the retiring players as a whole group have a game/s post season that the money is evenly shared between

You could have one in Sydney and one in Brisbane

@cochise While I understand where you are coming regarding their high salaries, their sporting careers are short and they are still relatively young when they retire, with an uncertain future career path. They, have been dedicated to football at the expense of other qualifications and I would certainly not begrudge them testimonials.

@formerguest said in [Farah and Marshall refused testimonial game by NRL](/post/1008350) said:
@cochise said in [Farah and Marshall refused testimonial game by NRL](/post/1008327) said:
@Snake What a stupid concept, but if it was good enough for Smith and Thurston then 2 300 gamers should probably have the chance as well. The NRL will argue that Thurston and Smith have had more impact on the game though.

They can argue as much as they like, but I have absolutely no doubt that Benji has had more positive impact on the game than the other pair combined, and then some. Even after allowing for the kicking tee, headgear giving and uplifting of the indigenous communities from JT.

The other guy has great ability, but first and foremost, is a grub.

Can I ask a question

Was this game sanctioned by the NRL or the QRL ??

@happy_tiger Yes it was, had to be as the players kept the money raised salary cap free!

Was always a risk when this was introduced, it'll forever be why did this guy get one and not me.

Anyway, Benji absolutely deserves one. He changed the game, and brought many fans in. A great rep off the field too. Disgraceful decision from the NRL.

@cochise said in [Farah and Marshall refused testimonial game by NRL](/post/1008353) said:
@hobbo1 I'll happily give him a send off.

He would actually probably meet the NRL criteria, even though he is a proven cheat!

Is that because he’s appeared more times on the Sunday footy show ?

The day Toddy is ousted will be a great day for Rugby League. Absolute jeteur.

What does it even mean? Big nothing burger as far as I'm concerned.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Farah and Marshall refused testimonial game by NRL](/post/1008368) said:

While I agree, and it does nothing for me as I just see it as another game; but if you are going to single out players for this, which is the first mistake, then you can't deny both Robbie and Benji of this.

At least definitely not Benji.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Farah and Marshall refused testimonial game by NRL](/post/1008368) said:

It does mean something, though. If the Cowboys, Storm or Souths knew they would be able to offer Thurston, Smith or Sutton testimonials it would be able to factor into contract negotiations: "Sign for us for $400,000 for your last year and we'll give you a testimonial worth $250,000 to top it up". That extra money is outside the cap, of course, so can be spent elsewhere on the roster.

Just another insight into the incompetent idiots running the game really isn’t it ...Not to recognise what Benji Marshall did for the brand and the game back in his hay day and he no doubt adds to that today with what he brings to the table probably more so behind the scenes these days then what he delivers on the field in his twilight years...What an absolute disgrace.

Anyone else surprised that both Benji and Robbie are on under $200k?

@jrtiger said in [Farah and Marshall refused testimonial game by NRL](/post/1008381) said:
Anyone else surprised that both Benji and Robbie are on under $200k?

Not really. Marshall Particularly.

What are we proposing? A game in the off season? Who would be willing to play against us?

How would the media know what they are on...?...Those figures sound really low to me...most of our ISP team would be on more $$$

Once again the NRL find a way to discriminate against WT.Toddles wouldnt know what being "fair" means let alone having "equality" in the competition.
Thurston got a testimonial despite playing at more than 1 club and as for Smith he was given a testimonial and is still playing(NRL "accidently" pre loaded a contract which isnt on the storms cap).Typical Toddles

Toddy having a boo boo cause he knows that we r gonna smash his precious rorters

Latest posts

Members online

Back