Discipline

innsaneink

Over the last few weeks we've seen our teams discipline really fall away in the 2nd halves of games, due to frustration with ref's or opposition getting on top of us
I don't know what's being said at half time but it's a poor look when you're getting beaten and then lose your shit and start with cheap shots etc. Bateman and Seyfarth usually in the mix leaving us with one or two in the bin
Other coaches will be aware of this now and can use it to simply apply some niggle and put us off "our game 😏"

It wouldn't surprise me if things got really really nasty in the newt week or two... Though Bateman at least out for a bit.. Well who knows
We can't play footy and then we go the tough guy route and we end up losing there too... Very embarrassing

Nothing more frustrating as a player than when you get down into the red zone and keep getting turned away. Seeing signs in lots of our players that the pressure is building.

The players are surprised this year is repeating 2023.
Despite what a lot of people on here are retrospectively stating, the club was not expecting another bottom of the table finish and there was a bit of buzz about season 2024 being much improved and with a bit of luck, we’d win our fair share.
Our attitude has been great for a lot of the first couple of months but it’s really going to mud lately and if Benji and crew don’t get around it, the big floggings are on their way.
Our competition for the spoon is a woeful Rabbits and a very unlucky Titans.
Both have large injury lists. We need to keep our heads and win games that we are competing well in. The last two weeks really should have been wins.

Over the last few weeks we've seen our teams discipline really fall away in the 2nd halves of games, due to frustration with ref's or opposition getting on top of us
I don't know what's being said at half time but it's a poor look when you're getting beaten and then lose your shit and start with cheap shots etc. Bateman and Seyfarth usually in the mix leaving us with one or two in the bin
Other coaches will be aware of this now and can use it to simply apply some niggle and put us off "our game 😏"

It wouldn't surprise me if things got really really nasty in the newt week or two... Though Bateman at least out for a bit.. Well who knows
We can't play footy and then we go the tough guy route and we end up losing there too... Very embarrassing
The lack of an authoritarian figure within the team - and needn't be the captain but it would help - may explain it insaneink. Or even action beyond what happens on the field - such as the club fining players. On top of all of this, there is the lack of ready made replacements.
Come to think of it, I was writing about this in 2006..Sigh!!

Our recruitment this year did very little to suggest our position would improve off the bottom of the ladder.
Olam came off the worst season in his career with massive red flags and we got the the untried Fainu brothers and reserve grade half from another bottom 4 club. I don't know how that suggested that this year was going to be significantly better than last.
We were always a couple of injuries away from being in dire trouble, and despite those who try to suggest we are underperforming based on the squad the rest of the NRL community have got us as wooden spoon favourites for good reason.
The blow outs are coming like they do every season when the best teams click into gear and losing wears teams down. The roster is and always will be the problem.

Nothing this team does embarrasses me anymore.

You can't control when a referee decides to play a six again and you can't tell me that they have numerous opportunity to rule them when they don't. You also can't tell me that some of the best sides dont have players that are considered undisciplined Radley, JWH, Nelson S, Kafausi Safafit, Jake T holds down players longer than other player in the game and gets away with it nine times out of ten, just about every team in the league with a decent dominant forward pack have serial offenders - it's just when you win you it becomes less of an issue and those players get picked every week despite their misdemeanors.
We just don't have the strike or depth in this squad to match it with most teams and we need some luck and the rub of the green to at least keep us in the hunt. The effort has been there

Our recruitment this year did very little to suggest our position would improve off the bottom of the ladder.
Olam came off the worst season in his career with massive red flags and we got the the untried Fainu brothers and reserve grade half from another bottom 4 club. I don't know how that suggested that this year was going to be significantly better than last.
We were always a couple of injuries away from being in dire trouble, and despite those who try to suggest we are underperforming based on the squad the rest of the NRL community have got us as wooden spoon favourites for good reason.
The blow outs are coming like they do every season when the best teams click into gear and losing wears teams down. The roster is and always will be the problem.

A lot of people had some reasonable expectations about the team at the start of the year …even some saying they would be a Top 8 chance …

I was hoping for 7-8 wins and 15th place .. but even those modest goals seem unlikely now …

Reactions: BZN

I agree in principle, but we are known as pillow puffs by most of the NRL. Guys like Seyfarth are the aggressive types we need, he came on this week and was hurting the opposition so much do that he took gamble out. We need more of this in my opinion. Too many players standing waiting to offload, we need the agro type to stop this. Yes, we need to be disciplined but controlled anger is essential in the game.
Look at the cocks with Hargreaves and Radley always pushing the envelope with aggression are u telling them they’ll get baited for being aggressive??

This is a coaching issue … it simply should not be tolerated at the club… let alone having mainly the same guys derailing the team every week
Exactly. Bateman Klemmar should be dropped for a game if they continue to carry on instead of ripping in. The younger players will follow their lead. Bula im looking at you.

Reactions: BZN
A lot of people had some reasonable expectations about the team at the start of the year …even some saying they would be a Top 8 chance …

I was hoping for 7-8 wins and 15th place .. but even those modest goals seem unlikely now …
I reckon we would be hard pressed to name 5 players out of our top 30 that would be guaranteed starters in any team in the competition let alone the strong teams. Our blokes to date have played to the best of their ability but truth is the squad does not measure up despite any wishful thinking.

I reckon we would be hard pressed to name 5 players out of our top 30 that would be guaranteed starters in any team in the competition let alone the strong teams. Our blokes to date have played to the best of their ability but truth is the squad does not measure up despite any wishful thinking.

The question is if the squad is any better than the teams the last two years that won only four games ? They did make a number of offseason signings .. Fainu brothers , Sullivan, Olam…were these the right guys? of course to sign Olam they had to weaken the team by letting Blore go … this is the problem,.. they strengthen one area of the team and at the same time weaken another one…it’s classic wheel spinning ..

I agree in principle, but we are known as pillow puffs by most of the NRL. Guys like Seyfarth are the aggressive types we need, he came on this week and was hurting the opposition so much do that he took gamble out. We need more of this in my opinion. Too many players standing waiting to offload, we need the agro type to stop this. Yes, we need to be disciplined but controlled anger is essential in the game.
Look at the cocks with Hargreaves and Radley always pushing the envelope with aggression are u telling them they’ll get baited for being aggressive??
Agree totally on controlled aggression.. No brainer here.

I'd love to see jwh and radley's rap sheets... They've both done plenty of time on the sideline

how many times have JWH and Radley been suspended?

Back