Deluge of intrusive full screen ads

Installed it on Firefox but it wants to charge me money?
Update: I told it I don't want to contribute (tightarse - yes :) )
I'm a tightarse too and give them nothing other than recommending it to other people if they ask or mention they are having a problem with ads.

So have you got it running now and is it working for you?

Been a long time since I set up extensions on my Firefox browser and just had a look and see that I also have DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials activated, so I don't know if that may also be helping in some way keeping those ads at bay.

I'm a tightarse too and give them nothing other than recommending it to other people if they ask or mention they are having a problem with ads.

So have you got it running now and is it working for you?

Been a long time since I set up extensions on my Firefox browser and just had a look and see that I also have DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials activated, so I don't know if that may also be helping in some way keeping those ads at bay.
Yep. All good. Thanks for the tip. Just have to learn to wean myself off Chrome now.

Is Adblock plus available for Chrome so you can just stick with the browser that you are comfortable with?

What I’m finding to be a pain isn’t the pop ups, but the ads that get in the way when you are posting, especially when quoting somebody. You only have a tiny space to work with, and there is usually an ad right below, and if you click the wrong spot, it takes you to another page, and either quotes the post a second time, or deletes what you have written, or moves what you have written up into their post. It’s a dogs breakfast.

You might force me to start a forum Kul with less intrusive ads. All you're doing is pissing off your user base and they will go somewhere else.

I use adblock plus as an extension with Firefox as my browser, costs me nothing and I never see an ad on here.

I just use the free version and have never signed up to their upgrade, so I have never paid any money or given them any financial details, so definitely not being scammed by them.

It is possible that I may also have something else running that I am not aware of that is helping, but just had a look at adblock plus to see what it currently is showing:

Number of items blocked​

on this page 2

in total 564,896

Agree 💯 hank37w.
adblock+ works very well for me also.
But I give them a small 'donation' of $5.00 every now and then.
Just recently the ads have been going crazy on my Motorola mobile though.

Members online

Back