Deluge of intrusive full screen ads

balmain boy

Over the last week or two the number of ads on the forum has tripled. These aren't just banners, I'm talking about full screen pop-up ads that must be closed after opening every second page.
I don't know what BS Kul is trying to pull by leeching off us even more but this experience is pathetic.

I assume I'm not the only one with this experience?

Agree
bloody adds o every time you go to the forum
whomever runs this needs t get rid of them unless we are getting funds to the forum for it , they are driving me mad

Over the last week or two the number of ads on the forum has tripled. These aren't just banners, I'm talking about full screen pop-up ads that must be closed after opening every second page.
I don't know what BS Kul is trying to pull by leeching off us even more but this experience is pathetic.

I assume I'm not the only one with this experience?
Totally agree. This is one of the reasons I hate going to the other forums, full screen ads with a pissy little x button and my fat fingers I have hit the button a thousand times before it goes away. And this happens every time you go to a new page. And now it’s happening here….UGH!!!
And some of these ads are for ad blockers? WTF are these ad block things anyway? Sounds like a scam to me.

Totally agree. This is one of the reasons I hate going to the other forums, full screen ads with a pissy little x button and my fat fingers I have hit the button a thousand times before it goes away. And this happens every time you go to a new page. And now it’s happening here….UGH!!!
And some of these ads are for ad blockers? WTF are these ad block things anyway? Sounds like a scam to me.
Don't sign up for adblock it's a scam.theymake you think it's a one off bill but keep charging every month and the bloody thing doesn't even work.

Easy Tiger. I agree with him, I probably wouldn’t have said it quite as eloquently but geez how much does it really cost to run a forum that it needs to have so many ads? I am good with a bloke making some quality coin for his time but this would be pretty set and forget and also passive income so you reckon it’s a pretty good spinner. Anyway these new full screen ads suck just like they do on the other Tigers forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't sign up for adblock it's a scam.theymake you think it's a one off bill but keep charging every month and the bloody thing doesn't even work.
Ad blockers charge you money?
So KUL makes a killing and I put up with ads and read for free or some ad blocker makes a killing and it costs me. It’s all a scam this interweb thingy.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Easy Tiger. I agree with him, I probably wouldn’t have said it quite as eloquently but geez how much does it really cost to run a forum that it needs to have so many ads? I am good with a bloke making some quality coin for his time but this would be pretty set and forget and also passive income so you reckon it’s a pretty good spinner. Anyway these new full screen ads suck just like they do on the other Tigers forums.
Good for you. The fact is we don’t own the forum, Kul does. If he wants to make money from it, good for him.

Set up your own forum if you’re annoyed or you disagree. I‘m ok with one extra click.

Good for you. The fact is we don’t own the forum, Kul does. If he wants to make money from it, good for him.

Set up your own forum if you’re annoyed or you disagree. I‘m ok with one extra click.
Some were told that a couple years ago and did,

I use adblock plus as an extension with Firefox as my browser, costs me nothing and I never see an ad on here.

I just use the free version and have never signed up to their upgrade, so I have never paid any money or given them any financial details, so definitely not being scammed by them.

It is possible that I may also have something else running that I am not aware of that is helping, but just had a look at adblock plus to see what it currently is showing:

Number of items blocked​

on this page 2

in total 564,896

Kul said in the past he makes no money off this. It costs him money. I actually got the full page ad clicking on this thread.
If an ad popup is spoiling your day, go outside and touch some grass. Feels nice.
No, given the volume of ads and users it's fairly clear that he makes a very solid profit from this forum. These new ads are not about covering costs but moreso funding his next European holiday

I use adblock plus as an extension with Firefox as my browser, costs me nothing and I never see an ad on here.

I just use the free version and have never signed up to their upgrade, so I have never paid any money or given them any financial details, so definitely not being scammed by them.

It is possible that I may also have something else running that I am not aware of that is helping, but just had a look at adblock plus to see what it currently is showing:

Number of items blocked​

on this page 2

in total 564,896

Installed it on Firefox but it wants to charge me money?
Update: I told it I don't want to contribute (tightarse - yes :) )

No, given the volume of ads and users it's fairly clear that he makes a very solid profit from this forum. These new ads are not about covering costs but moreso funding his next European holiday
Even so, I just got another ad and it took about half a second to close it and reply to you.
If he does make money off this place good luck to him. He took the initiative to build it. He used to lose money I know that so about time he sees something for all the bullshit.

Why we complaining if the forum thrives and survives because of ads? I don't get it. We need to keep the lights on.

Members online

Back