David Furner gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need 2x coaches to replace him.

Defense.
and
Tackling.

Our backline defense SUCKED! Our positioning, cover, and ability to stop the opposition from crossing our line totally sucked.

Tackling has slipped in spite of our huge forward pack. Furner had the men in Klemmer, Paps, Bateman, etc to upgrade the tigers. I am very worried that Furner, Cayless and the other defense coaches we have had have not made a difference.

Hence Tackling + Defense.

Defense.
and
Tackling.

Our backline defense SUCKED! Our positioning, cover, and ability to stop the opposition from crossing our line totally sucked.

Tackling has slipped in spite of our huge forward pack. Furner had the men in Klemmer, Paps, Bateman, etc to upgrade the tigers. I am very worried that Furner, Cayless and the other defense coaches we have had have not made a difference.

Would be nice to see some first up solid contact on a regular basis in defence

Would be nice to see some first up solid contact on a regular basis in defence
Most games I have watched, we play a good first 5-10 minutes, solid, physical.
Other team scores, we loose hope and it just goes downhill from there.

Although I remember us vs Sharks. First half was very competitive and the game was still anyones. second half, we were Shark bait.

These guys are seasoned professionals though. They shouldn’t need coaching on how to tackle especially in the middle. Hopefully our new halves will mean we finish our sets better & they won’t be called on to do as much defence.

These guys are seasoned professionals though. They shouldn’t need coaching on how to tackle especially in the middle. Hopefully our new halves will mean we finish our sets better & they won’t be called on to do as much defence.
Now that's where you are kinda wrong.

Dale Finucane kept training and doing "extras" at Origin level.
He knows it all, he has been training regularly and in peak condition. The difference is good training for your top players takes them from Good -> great.

Clearly our training is failing because we have good players and none of them really hit Good this season.

Most games I have watched, we play a good first 5-10 minutes, solid, physical.
Other team scores, we loose hope and it just goes downhill from there.

Although I remember us vs Sharks. First half was very competitive and the game was still anyones. second half, we were Shark bait.
Yep, I reckon the team needs a good sports psychologist.

Now that's where you are kinda wrong.

Dale Finucane kept training and doing "extras" at Origin level.
He knows it all, he has been training regularly and in peak condition. The difference is good training for your top players takes them from Good -> great.

Clearly our training is failing because we have good players and none of them really hit Good this season.
I'm pretty sure the club thought a new shiny building was going to change our fortunes. They must be awfully confused.

Inexperienced players, and inexperienced coaches. What could go wrong?

In all seriousness we go through that many different assistant coaches, I have no idea who is good and who is not good.
Whoa. The important thing here is DNA and knowing that the board has a more hands on approach.
I couldn’t believe that possibly the most important part of Maguire’s performance review before he was sacked, was for the board to have more say in hiring and firing assistant coaches.
It’s taken a couple of years, but they’re finally there. They just needed that novice coach.

Whoa. The important thing here is DNA and knowing that the board has a more hands on approach.
I couldn’t believe that possibly the most important part of Maguire’s performance review before he was sacked, was for the board to have more say in hiring and firing assistant coaches.
It’s taken a couple of years, but they’re finally there. They just needed that novice coach.
Imo I think this is why they they moved Tim to coach because he was taking all the say in the director role. And also why he didn’t return to that role
I have no idea how other boards work in nrl and only guessing so my opinion probably isn’t worth much

The top needs a change. Someone at the top keeps making poor decisions.
Pretty sure we have seen so far nothing changes at the top , coaches and assistant coaches are made scape goats , has been like this for years now hence why we have had so many coaches , Fulton and Marshal should be the soul guys to find players we want , Fulton put a deal together and get it done , we were nowhere in all grades this year , we need to let players go and also move some on , 2024 needs a fair few new faces and I say we are still about 6 short across Nrl and reserve grade

Wonder when the club will release a statement with who is departing I haven’t seen anything
Brooks , Laurie , James , Tommy. We know
but what about
Staines , Reilly , Wakeman , Twally , Seyfarts , etc etc
plus
players signed

Imo I think this is why they they moved Tim to coach because he was taking all the say in the director role. And also why he didn’t return to that role
I have no idea how other boards work in nrl and only guessing so my opinion probably isn’t worth much
What it looks like is usually the way it is. Sheens had thought he was returning to the position of Director of Football too.
Apparently Benji had told Furner his job was secure for 24, but the board or Pascoe or both, sent Furner a ‘don’t come Monday’ email?
It does seem like a strange way to manage things in a professional sporting club?
It’s all very confusing.

Defense.
and
Tackling.

Didn't Robbie have a bit to say about our defensive structures? Let him put his money where his mouth is and take accountability for something

I'm pretty sure the club thought a new shiny building was going to change our fortunes. They must be awfully confused.
Do you mean The Centre of Excrement also known as The Sewerage Centre, where our coach's Grand Final winning exploits with St.George are on display.

Why, what's wrong with it, do you think it is shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back