Could Bulldogs Game Be a Watershed Moment?

stevied

I think most fans on here were happy with the Tigers performance against the Bulldogs last night and, seemingly, so was Madge. Is there is a chance that this could be a watershed moment in the Tigers fortunes? There were so many positives to emerge from the game that could indicate a turnaround in attitude, chemistry and confidence;

- 80 minute effort
- commitment in defense
- controlled aggression
- direct, hard running by forwards
- developing player combinations (eg Grant/ Reynolds)
- emerging first graders (Doueihi, Talau, McIntyre)
- established players going to another level (Alouai, Nofo, Huth)
- further evidence of the bonafide star quality of Harry Grant

Put it altogether and could this be a new dawn in the Tigers' fortunes? One thing that I can see is that Madge is starting to put his stamp on the club. No nonsense, demanding and not afraid to make the tough decisions or give players a swift kick up the backside. I feel a bit sad about the demise of Benji (he's my favourite all time player) but there's no doubt that his demotion was the right decision. Having Reynolds there with his energy, effort and competitive spirit is just what we needed.

Seeing the Tigers defense smash people and the slickness of some of our attack brought a smile to my face. Yes, we dropped the ball a bit in the first half and might have paid for that against better sides but the Bulldogs are not easy beats, their forwards are strong and we've lost 12 out of 16 against them. I said to my bother, we need to put them to the sword in the second half and we did....

Is this the beginning of a new Tigers identity? I'm going to stick my neck out and say yes....What do you guys think?

Too early to call. Very positive signs though.

Still, too much dropped ball. Teams like Easts, Parramatta, Melbourne and Penrith will make you pay for that.

I think we played quite well but we need to keep it in perspective. If we had have started like that against Roosters, Penrith etc the game would have gotten away from us.

I didn't say we'd win the comp, only that there were very positive signs.

Signs were positive especially against team coming last, a bogey team for is & milestone game. All factors that often count against us normally.

Next 4 weeks will show where we truly sit though. Panthers, Souths, Broncos and Eels. 3 top 8 sides and a team heavily out of form. If we nab 2-3 wins with the games we lose close, maybe we have turned the corner.

@Mighty_Tiger said in [Could Bulldogs Game Be a Watershed Moment?](/post/1171281) said:
Signs were positive especially against team coming last, a bogey team for is & milestone game. All factors that often count against us normally.

Next 4 weeks will show where we truly sit though. Panthers, Souths, Broncos and Eels. 3 top 8 sides and a team heavily out of form. If we nab 2-3 wins with the games we lose close, maybe we have turned the corner.

Ha ha, justifiably guarded!

I enjoyed the attitude last night but hopes dashed too many times.
Top 8 or bust

@stevied said in [Could Bulldogs Game Be a Watershed Moment?](/post/1171297) said:
@Mighty_Tiger said in [Could Bulldogs Game Be a Watershed Moment?](/post/1171281) said:

Ha ha, justifiably guarded!

Yep. I feel like we've been here before.
The signs are good but watershed moments are best celebrated retrospectively. I'll keep my powder dry and fingers crossed for the moment.

It's just this week

Next week is next week, keep improving.. Too often we take 2 steps forward then 3 back... More consecutive Ws than Ls

You definitely can see the culture change developing within this team,last night was an example of how you come out after the break and close a game out,if this continues they will improve immensely especially now they are understanding that theyMUST play for the full 80 minutes..

I enjoyed the game but it was the last placed team without their best player for the entire game so I'll see what happens next week :) Hope you're right! Was good signs for sure.

Our next game against the Panfers will be the watershed moment. If we win that game and hold their attack, we are onto something good for this year as the players will really start to believe in Madge and themselves.

For once, it wasn't a tsunami of disappointment against a "lesser" opponent.

Penrith is the watershed moment.

@Toowoomba_Tiger said in [Could Bulldogs Game Be a Watershed Moment?](/post/1171268) said:
If we can hold on to Grant, i would like to think so.

He is a game changer isn't he.

@Geo said in [Could Bulldogs Game Be a Watershed Moment?](/post/1171345) said:
If it was it will be a 27th watershed moment in history..

Don't exaggerate. it's only the 26th!

I guess in a roundabout way it was a watershed moment in that we managed to back up a win with another against a minnow and didn't get our pants pulled down like we usually do.

Latest posts

Members online

Back