Cortisone Injections

Just a general question not football related

My doctor recommended a cortisone injection into my shoulder into the bursa has anyone had one and if so do they work?
My mum has had a cortisone injection but into her back but not the shoulder. And yes it does work, as long as the doctor injects it in the right spot. Given what you do for work, they may recommended you have a few days off from work to get it to work properly. Otherwise it can be unsuccessful or not as effective.

My mum has had a cortisone injection but into her back but not the shoulder. And yes it does work, as long as the doctor injects it in the right spot. Given what you do for work, they may recommended you have a few days off from work to get it to work properly. Otherwise it can be unsuccessful or not as effective.
Thanks for that mate

My doctor recommended a cortisone injection into my shoulder into the bursa has anyone had one and if so do they work?
yeah mate have had it in both shoulders. Worked for me. that feeling of a Knife between the spine and shoulder blade goes away but shoulders still ache. having the needles helps me con the Mrs for a shoulder rub

Yes. And yes! I had it done with ultra sound and my shoulder hasn't been better.

Yes... I've had two some time ago... It does give relief for a while but doesn't last forever and there's the risk of the steroid crystallising in the bursa.
Stay away from NSAIDS, the 50mg voltaren ended up giving me an ulcer... Became a bit dependant on them for work using leaf blowers and line trimmers

I am having mine done this coming Friday. I was told it will hurt. I have two tears in my shoulder but the surgeon does not want to operate, hence the injection.

My concern is it will only mask the pain not resolve the issue. Time will tell.

Have tried a few times hasn't worked for me.
Not a Dr but,,, keep the shoulder moving "with limited rotation / stretching " and ice several times a day. Pending on your age. hope you don't a secondary condition called frozen shoulder.

It dulls the pain, But I could still feel the restriction...
I also didn't do the physio proper,

I'm due to go again....

They do work , I have a torn shoulder muscle, had about 5 over a 10 year period, but they are not something that u can take for long periods of time , best of luck

Had one for my groin, such a painful place to get one.

Worked real well, bit of rehab required to go with it but immediately felt the effects.

Members online

Back