Corey Parker announces retirement at end of season

rex2ce

Congratulations Corey on a stellar career, what a warrior he has been and still is, there would be more SOO trophies in the Blues cabinet except for his input

I think what amazes me the most , but many were writing Parker off after 2005

Was some rumours up here he or Carlaw were offered to the WT's for the 2006 season

He resurrected his career to a much higher level and continued to improve

He has been in Qld's top 3 for the last 4 seasons easily

Best of luck in the future , your a champion on and off field

David Klemmer to do his farewell speech?

Great player Parker. Second half his career has been better than the first.

That is a shock, he looked like he could go on for a few more years yet and break the bronco's all time games record, he was and still is one of my favourite players, he deserves all the accolades he will get now announcing this.

Fantasy League players all over the country are in mourning…

Great Career Great Player...adios CP13...

I've seen halves that get better with age, but never a forward to his degree.

wasnt corey parkers first game for the toowoomba cydesdales against us?

he certainly played in that game we were supposed to win by panels of fencing.

good luck to him.

God as he's known as in supercoach circles. Pretty sure he was contracted for next yr, maybe Bennett gave him a tap on the shoulder. Either way, he's going out with class and a minimum of fuss.

Its going to be interesting to see how the Broncs go without him. I see him as a crucial player in their current structure. Similar to what ET now does for us. I wouldnt be surprised if people's opinions of Hunt and Milford (to a lesser extent) decline next year.

Fantastic player week in week out.What Rugby League should be all about. If he'd only been a Tiger……

Great player who has got better every year and the only player who started with no hair and ended up with a full head of hair

Great player,and usually saved a good game for us. Remember him kicking the Bronks to a win at Cambo. He has all the skills and is hard nut, but to me what stands out is his ability to get quality offloads away and get the Bronks plenty of second phase play going.

I always rate players in the "Liam Fulton scale" and to me Parker is a 1.95 Liam Fulton!!!!

PS,,the Liam Fulton scale is a take off of Roy and HG who use to rate players in the kevin Hardwick scale!!!

Let's hope a few others playing tonight make the same decision, and if we lose, announce thier retirement.

Latest posts

Members online

Back