Consecutive wins

innsaneink

Every year I look at the draw to see where we may be able to pick up wins.on the trot

Last two seasons we've done two wins in a row only once each season, two 1 point wins in '22 and a 4 & 2 point win in.'23

Good teams obviously go on runs of W's... Next year I think there's possibly three blocks of three games where we are a chance of putting Ws together

Rounds 4,5 & 6 =. Parra Dolphins & Dragons

Rounds 9,10 & 11 =Dogs Knights & Dolphims

Rounds 14,15 & 16 = Dragons Titans Raiders @ Cambo

Chuck in some odd wins here and there and this would augur well for a pretty good year, big ask I know 10 or more wins when we can only manage four the last few years
Fingers crossed

Idk how much stock to put into draws these days. Every year there are clubs that struggle unexpectedly and vice verca. This year it was the Cowboys. They had one of the softest draws to start the season and missed the finals all together. When you are coming off two spoons, with no improvement in the playing roster, no draw is going to look easy. We won’t find out till March though.

Every year I look at the draw to see where we may be able to pick up wins.on the trot

Last two seasons we've done two wins in a row only once each season, two 1 point wins in '22 and a 4 & 2 point win in.'23

Good teams obviously go on runs of W's... Next year I think there's possibly three blocks of three games where we are a chance of putting Ws together

Chuck in some odd wins here and there and this would augur well for a pretty good year, big ask I know 10 or more wins when we can only manage four the last few years
Fingers crossed
Gee mate, 10 wins and 3 byes gives us 26 points.

If we can actually pull that off we are well and truly knocking on the door of 9th.

People may laugh but they were some of our best years, failing to turn up in the final rounds to be able to secure a finals berth, but at least we were still a chance right towards the death instead of season gone with half the rounds still to be played.

Fingers crossed
Parra, we always turn up and they always turn up. Maybe it's the ex-parra juniors but I seriously expect a good game. Yea we loose, but some of the games we have played vs Parra I could not applaud our side more*.

I fear though the Knights, Dogs and Dolphins won't be the easy targets you think they are.
I had predicted Manly would fold, they dinnit and hadn't. But DCE has gone a very long time without injuries and if he or Turbo go down then they could be targets for a win. I realise there are a few "IF's" there.

*many games I wanted to throw up after our performance. Us vs Parra, every game I have seen we have turned up hard.

Idk how much stock to put into draws these days. Every year there are clubs that struggle unexpectedly and vice verca. This year it was the Cowboys. They had one of the softest draws to start the season and missed the finals all together. When you are coming off two spoons, with no improvement in the playing roster, no draw is going to look easy. We won’t find out till March though.
Of course you can't rely on draws If we could we'd all be rich.

I'd say we have improved the roster a bit

Last edited:
Gee mate, 10 wins and 3 byes gives us 26 points.

If we can actually pull that off we are well and truly knocking on the door of 9th.

People may laugh but they were some of our best years, failing to turn up in the final rounds to be able to secure a finals berth, but at least we were still a chance right towards the death instead of season gone with half the rounds still to be played.
Ahh, the good old days of coming 9th.

Last season I didn’t get sucked into the optimism and was thinking we would struggle in 23. First time for a long time the optimism didn’t get the better of me.

However I always had hopes for 24 to progress and 25 onwards to have a finals crack. I’m optimistic that we can get double the wins next season. Don’t think we can nab 26pts but do think we won’t finish bottom 3.

Fingers crossed
Haven’t looked at the draw but imo you need to knock off a top 4 contender and then win easier next game as long as you go in with the same mindset
Years gone by mentally we’ve been shot after these games even if we don’t win

Latest posts

Members online

Back