Chris Lawrence announces retirement

Ordered my Chris Lawrence retirement tee...

http://links.go.theweststigers.com.au/servlet/MailView?ms=MzcyNTAxNAS2&r=MTcxMzg0MTc1MTQ4S0&j=MTMyMDE5OTg1MgS2&mt=1&rt=0

Forgive me If I am wrong but I can't remember Lawrence getting suspended once in his career?

@facepalmer said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1232056) said:
Forgive me If I am wrong but I can't remember Lawrence getting suspended once in his career?

Suspended for one game once in 2016 for a dangerous throw vs Titans (Google says).

@twentyforty said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1230842) said:
@Geo said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1208376) said:
Maguire on Rowdy

Chris Lawrence coaches what coaches can’t. Even on the day he announced he would be walking away after a decorated 15-year playing career, the Wests Tigers veteran still had something to give.

It didn’t quite catch Tigers coach Michael Maguire by surprise but it provided an insight into the importance Lawrence has as a Tiger.
“I was watching him today grabbing (rookie) Shawn Blore and talking to him about his game,” Maguire said.

“That’s what replicates what Chris Lawrence is all about. That’s how I know and I see Chrissy – willing to do anything for his teammates and staff.

Yep absolute legend! Quietly, with no fuss, has gone about the business and showed us what professional leadership actually means. Well played Chris.

Spot on, the bloke is a champion, got the tap on the shoulder, announced his retirement all without a fuss, then got dropped, and still didn't sook and run to the media, that is how it's done.
The bloke and the club were robbed of many years of an elite centre, but Rowdy just kept coming back after each horrific injury, he needs to be in and around the club for many years to come, he can show the young players how to conduct themselves both on and off the field

@mike said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1232052) said:

http://links.go.theweststigers.com.au/servlet/MailView?ms=MzcyNTAxNAS2&r=MTcxMzg0MTc1MTQ4S0&j=MTMyMDE5OTg1MgS2&mt=1&rt=0

Me too, and a face mask for good measure should this weekend or next prove embarrassing .. looks to be good quality.

@TieDye said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1232074) said:

Me too, and a face mask for good measure should this weekend or next prove embarrassing .. looks to be good quality.

Face masks, I missed those

@mike said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1232131) said:
@TieDye said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1232074) said:

Face masks, I missed those

If you're going out...

Good morning,

Unfortunately we are experiencing delays in receiving our order of Chris Lawrence Retirement Tees.

Due to this unforeseeable delay through our supplier, we are anticipating the arrival of these late this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
All orders placed will be upgraded to Express Post so that they are able to be worn at the game this weekend.

I apologize to everyone and I am committed to making sure these are available for the weekend.

Regards,
Grant

You can still vote for Chris Lawrence to win the KEN STEPHEN MEDAL via NRL.COM
let's see if we can send Chris out a winner.

Why don’t they offer Lawrence benji ambassador’s role or coaching gig if anyone deserves it it is him

@tony-soprano said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237083) said:
Why don’t they offer Lawrence benji ambassador’s role or coaching gig if anyone deserves it it is him

He doesn’t want it. Chris is running his own business.

@mike said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237114) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237083) said:

Is it confirmed what his doing after football sure he would not knock back extra income

@tony-soprano said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237128) said:

Is it confirmed what his doing after football sure he would not knock back extra income

He already said in an interview a week or two somewhere he would love to help out at the club, im sure there will be something for him. Maybe just not a full time gig as was said he has his own business as well

@happy_tiger said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237124) said:
I was at his debut ....pity I'll miss his last match ....

I’ll carry the flag for you @happy_tiger

@mike said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237133) said:

Thanks mate ....does this now make you our flag bearer ......

@happy_tiger said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237138) said:

Hell no. The best I can do is wear the tee shirt. :)

@izotope said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237130) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237128) said:

He already said in an interview a week or two somewhere he would love to help out at the club, im sure there will be something for him. Maybe just not a full time gig as was said he has his own business as well

Would be nice if the club could actually update us on anything

Of course journos just ask stupid questions

@mike said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237144) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Chris Lawrence announces retirement](/post/1237138) said:

Hell no. The best I can do is wear the tee shirt. :)

How did you manage to get one after @Geo and @hobbo1 got one ...must be a massive overabundance of Polyester in the Universe

Latest posts

Staff online

Back