CEO - Shane Richardson

they are unhappy as Richardson coming in cuts off their boys club and free lunches. It is becoming a professional place with accountability which Elias and his cronies hate as there is less and less brown paper bag and back door deals to be done. I love LO but if by moving away means cutting ties with the old guard mentality then bring it on.
When we are winning playing out of Accor or where ever these drop kicks will be begging to be let back in.
It's a shame Paul Kent didn't take on Rothfield and all the other p!$$ head journos on in carpark and get them all suspended.

they are unhappy as Richardson coming in cuts off their boys club and free lunches. It is becoming a professional place with accountability which Elias and his cronies hate as there is less and less brown paper bag and back door deals to be done. I love LO but if by moving away means cutting ties with the old guard mentality then bring it on.
When we are winning playing out of Accor or where ever these drop kicks will be begging to be let back in.
It's a shame Paul Kent didn't take on Rothfield and all the other p!$$ head journos on in carpark and get them all suspended.
well Elias's brother is now a sponsor.... so there goes that point

It’s ok for Richo to say we are 2.2M in the red but the devil is in the detail. Did a large a one off extraordinary cost (eg. Sheens leaving)? Cause the majority of the issue? Or are we running beyond our means?

Don’t get me wrong, I think he is a good appointment and the previous administration had to.go, but is he creating a narrative that strengthens his position when we suddenly make a profit this year?
Extraordinary 😂

It’s ok for Richo to say we are 2.2M in the red but the devil is in the detail. Did a large a one off extraordinary cost (eg. Sheens leaving)? Cause the majority of the issue? Or are we running beyond our means?

Don’t get me wrong, I think he is a good appointment and the previous administration had to.go, but is he creating a narrative that strengthens his position when we suddenly make a profit this year?
Like a hundred CEOs before him in all walks of life.
I’m sure payouts to Sheens, Fulton, Brooks, Pascoe etc are all in there but it is what it is. I think we just have to get back on an even keel.
From my experience in senior management the only two ways to fix your bottom line are increasing your top line and/or reducing your costs.
Hence his interest in increasing corporate revenue, and avoiding any large payouts, wherever possible.

Nothing to see here, just someone bitter that didn't get a chance to apply for the role.

Most exec roles I've been involved in, start with someone in the role in an interim capacity. If they perform and it works for both parties, usually it becomes permanent without going to external applicants.
Yes. Different organisations do these things differently.

I think there was strong mail that South’s were very interested in him, so time was very much of the essence.

Reports that Rusty had rung Shane as well.

What Shane brings to the table is significant experience with good outcomes and a solid skill set. Plus he’d spent a lot of time on his vision and program which is now being implemented and he has many other ideas to roll out.

He is tertiary educated, he comes across as a lad, but he has his degrees ( just doesn’t bore us all with them). He is rat cunning and a superior communicator.

We had no realistic choice but to seize the day.

Once the decision is made it is made and his critics public lament is of little consequence. Unnecessary and actually unhelpful to the critics cause.

Does he really think we are going to change anything because he doesn’t like it?

He seems quite stupid to carry on after the fact. Own goal, I wouldn’t employ him, he’s clearly a cretin.

Last edited:
Richo is a a bit of a maverick and all the controversy suits him.

We’ve just half a decade of complete and utter unaccountability and low and behold this cretin tries to raise it now.

This conga line of losers and bludgers are all coming out of the woodwork now.

Too little and too late.

The entire board was taken out the back and shot. All of their creepy mates and spies are buried with them.

I think some expulsions and life bans are in order for these snakes and selfish snouts.

I’m open to the prospects of Richo making errors here and there, but at the moment, I will defend his opportunity to do so. So far so good.

Last edited:
Stupid question but how do our next board members now get appointed. Is it Barry Ofarrell that appoints these members or the HBG board members?

Latest posts

Back