CEO - Shane Richardson

He’s hitting his marks and seems pretty happy. That’s what he does, makes the same points to get the message through. Fair enough.

I might have mis-heard, but I think he’s suggesting the whole club will eventually move South West.

If that’s the case, I know the paint isn’t dry, but and I’d be interested in using the coe to fund expansion. Whether we lease it or sub divide it, stuff like that…

it’s just sitting there now costing money.

And in the mix, along with the SW expansion, with some readies, start the LO rebuild. I think good architects and engineers could build in the corporates, but also keep it fan-friendly and retain its warm and friendly character.

Have our cake and eat it too.

Richo wants 20,000 at games, may as well aim high.

A lot of fresh faces will arrive and us with our spoons, we will sail into the sunset. It’s the price of change, hand something better on than when we arrived.
A lot of good points TSP.

Richo does indeed repeat the same narrative, this is by design and because he has a clear objective.

Sydney's inner inner west won't be forgotten but the gold is in the Macarthur region.

Ps, if we start winning, 20k at games will be a drop in the ocean.

For.me, we're finally got someone I trust in leadership

Richo does indeed repeat the same narrative, this is by design and because he has a clear objective.

Sydney's inner inner west won't be forgotten but the gold is in the Macarthur region.

If we do start winning 20K won’t be an issue, but that’s only if we’re playing at the big stadium. Campbelltown now only getting 17.5K max attendance plus corporate seating of around 2500 if I remember right for the time being just can’t hit that at Campbelltown due to the stadium needing an upgrade. It can be fixed but it has to happen if a permanent move to the south west is gonna happen.

Then he lacks adequate judgement to be a lawyer let alone a club Chairman!

But the REALITY is the Board including Lee signed off on annual financial reports - and knew we were bleeding money while still using the corporate budget for long lunches with journos at Tottis etc while the club's performance and culture burned!

The conflict of interest of the Brydens sponsorship was blatant then - and is more apparent now!
Let's not forget the conflict of interest around that amazing Nofo contract he negotiated.

True, he’s very self aware and conscious of being reported.

It’s natural that he sells himself as well as ideas.

The panel will know I was less critical of Justin and it’s interesting to hear now that he says he was subject to all kinds of influences he didn’t like or want. I think this was obvious. But he went along with it anyway I guess.

Shane has a lot more power and control.

Anzac Day reminds me of the jersey fiasco.

Our response was to blame Holdsworthy-blame the army-very disrespectful given the occasion and knowing a few soldiers.

I’m keen to buy one of those jerseys if anyone has one. Heritage value. I pay cash and no receipt required.

I think with CEOs, we expect them to get most things right-but they might not get everything right.

The panel will know I was less critical of Justin and it’s interesting to hear now that he says he was subject to all kinds of influences he didn’t like or want. I think this was obvious. But he went along with it anyway I guess.

Shane has a lot more power and control.
Previous regime have been proven to be what most of us thought..

Fraudulent

It’s hard to really lineup cause and effect but there’s been a noticeable uptick in how the club operates and looks externally since Richardson arrived. Maybe the COE helps, Benji is a factor… All I see is decent first graders prepared to come here and the first semblance of stability for donkeys. Be nice to see some on field consistency but I’m optimistic it will come and the 2025 team looks a significant step up already.
I'm hesitant to give Richo credit for everything (for example, sounds like Pascoe did a lot of work towards getting Luai) but Ray Charles could see the difference in the club recently.

Previous regime have been proven to be what most of us thought..

Fraudulent
Yes, he could have stepped down though such as Sam Burgess and Bomber.

And as the scholarly @AmericanHistoryX will testify, a lot of very fair minded and experienced judges in Germany quit the bench when the nazis came to power and forced laws on them they hated.

Justin was a sad figure, a kind of Managerial Gollum. His precious was the COE of course.

I’m happy to have him look after our ground development and construction interests. And at least the books were in better shape…except the members lol.

That membership revelation was a fairly aggressive stance by Richo. Interesting.

Last edited:
Pascoe and crew weren't incompetent but they certainly not anywhere near elite.

Happy days ahead.
Pascoe and crew deliberately lied to fans & members about clubs financial position, lied to the broader fanbase about its current membership numbers, turned us into the worst team in Rugby League & let all of our most talented players leave because they saw no future under their management but yes they weren’t incompetent.

I'm hesitant to give Richo credit for everything (for example, sounds like Pascoe did a lot of work towards getting Luai) but Ray Charles could see the difference in the club recently.
Yeah hence that opening disclaimer. It’s impossible to detangle a lot of that stuff when proportioning credit and blame. I’d say Marshall was the big driver for Luai (the mountain of cash no doubt helped).

Rain is scheduled I’d say. It’s getting a bit wintery here.

Will help us.

We need that forwards game back

Yeah, not to downplay Richo and what he has achieved so far but it was pretty obvious you could get immediate results by simply doing the opposite of what the last mob were doing.
He now settles in for a decent stay where multi year planning and strategic milestones will be analysed. It will be interesting to watch him work.

Latest posts

Members online

Back