CEO - Shane Richardson

Well all my hard work (ie leaving him the hell alone) has finally paid off and he’s signed!

‘‘twas me doing f-all v Russell having a swing. No contest.

I am deeply humbled.

I got back to him today actually and asked him to treat staff well. I know a few stories-from many many years ago.

A changed man.

We won’t always agree with him, but he’s made the right choice. For better or worse.

He obviously likes us better, as well he should ..as when it comes down to it, we are easily the best members and fans in the league.

Here we go…..

Last edited:
Yes
We won't always agree
Wait till the home ground issue comes forth
Hold on then
I was getting arc-ed up about the home ground 'issue' when the murmurings about Leichardt started.

Then realised I wouldn't give even half a shit if it means we are winning games and being run as a professional organisation (ie a 'big' club).

Looks like I was a little premature with my concerns about HBG backtracking on the independent appointments … and Richo then subsequently walking away…. A good 24 hours on the back of the Turuva signing …with Richo tied up as well for 4 years … hopefully that second premiership can be delivered before he sees that out

things are definitely on the up … get a few more wins over the next month or so to keep the confidence going ..

It’s hard to really lineup cause and effect but there’s been a noticeable uptick in how the club operates and looks externally since Richardson arrived. Maybe the COE helps, Benji is a factor… All I see is decent first graders prepared to come here and the first semblance of stability for donkeys. Be nice to see some on field consistency but I’m optimistic it will come and the 2025 team looks a significant step up already.

AFR don't regularly cover rugby league - this is a one-off article.

Compare that to Lee and Justin who would bribe journos with regular lavish long lunches on the corporate card to try to control the media narrative - while the club was losing millions each year...
. . . . . . . and the scum bags still shit on the club.

The last 6 months has given an old bastard like me hope for the future,it is not all doom and gloom anymore.Naturally it is not all plain sailing either but at least i can see a potential positive future
There's that word potential again, but this time I think it might actually pay off.

I'm beginning to think that some of us old guys (and girls), with just a bit of luck, might actually still be around to see something great happen here.

Back