CEO - Shane Richardson

Shane Richardson – Wests Tigers Member #2945843 – has been appointed as Wests Tigers CEO on a four-year deal commencing 2nd July 2024.

Richardson was appointed to the role on an interim basis in December, as part of sweeping changes to the club following an independent governance and culture review.

The former South Sydney, Panthers and Cronulla boss is committed to making a difference at Wests Tigers over the next few years.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me to assist this club win its second premiership, and I look forward to working with Benji and the team to achieve that goal," Richardson said.

“Wests Tigers is a family club with fiercely loyal members and a huge supporter base.

“We’re on a journey, come with us.”

Interim Chair, Barry O’Farrell, says it was an easy decision to extend Richardson’s contract.

“Shane has done a tremendous job since taking over as Interim CEO, impressing supporters, staff & sponsors,” said O’Farrell.

"It was a ‘no brainer’ for the board to secure his services for the future.

“No club can afford to let champions go, whether on the field or in the front office.”

Shane Richardson – Wests Tigers Member #2945843 – has been appointed as Wests Tigers CEO on a four-year deal commencing 2nd July 2024.

Richardson was appointed to the role on an interim basis in December, as part of sweeping changes to the club following an independent governance and culture review.

The former South Sydney, Panthers and Cronulla boss is committed to making a difference at Wests Tigers over the next few years.

“This is a fantastic opportunity for me to assist this club win its second premiership, and I look forward to working with Benji and the team to achieve that goal," Richardson said.

“Wests Tigers is a family club with fiercely loyal members and a huge supporter base.

Interim Chair, Barry O’Farrell, says it was an easy decision to extend Richardson’s contract.

“Shane has done a tremendous job since taking over as Interim CEO, impressing supporters, staff & sponsors,” said O’Farrell.

“No club can afford to let champions go, whether on the field or in the front office.”

I love that last line, Direct whack to previous admin who regularly let champions go.

This is very good news for the club , smart operator , with rover track record on delivering , now secure Stef and the panthers winger

Latest posts

Members online

Back