Bunnies tv why not us

ancient_magpie

Just watched a few minutes of s g ball game souths v warriors on bunnies tv via YouTube.Could have watched the whole game.As I said last year why can't we organise some thing similar it's just 2 blokes with a camera. They do lower grade games every week I'd do it myself but I'm too bloody old. Surely some of you young blokes on the forum could organise some thing .I'll help pay for the camera.im sure a lot of our fans would like to see the young talent coming through. Over to you.

Funny. I saw a post re the Bunnies tv redirecting their viewers to the NSWRL app for the junior rep games.
Thought maybe they were shut down.
But if it is only two blokes with a camera, surely it could be done for the games that aren’t televised.

Just watched a few minutes of s g ball game souths v warriors on bunnies tv via YouTube.Could have watched the whole game.As I said last year why can't we organise some thing similar it's just 2 blokes with a camera. They do lower grade games every week I'd do it myself but I'm too bloody old. Surely some of you young blokes on the forum could organise some thing .I'll help pay for the camera.im sure a lot of our fans would like to see the young talent coming through. Over to you.
Would you like cheerleaders in skimpy outfits at halftime too?

I don't think it's up to the fans to do this.

It's a good idea for the club to set something up in this regard.

Yes I am ill give it a try.
If it was done at Souths maybe Richo might know how it was set up to begin with.
All I know is the NSWRL make it very difficult for clubs to try and obtain their own content.
I think it might be fan initiated, if it was club it would be shut down!

If it was done at Souths maybe Richo might know how it was set up to begin with.
All I know is the NSWRL make it very difficult for clubs to try and obtain their own content.
I think it might be fan initiated, if it was club it would be shut down!
I think a couple of players were involved. I know the camera guy had interviews with a few players. Maybe that’s why it was shutdown?
If so it could be possible if it didn’t impinge on any NRL/Media contractual arrangements?

I've asked Richo about this, haven't had any response yet.
Whether it should be managed by clubs or fans is another question.

The issue it appears is NSWRL seem to have ownership of streaming rights for all of their grades. They just choose not to stream 95% of the matches, charge a lot for the one group of matches they do show, and seemingly won't allow clubs/fans to do their own thing.

Such a waste, and the NSWRL need to get absolutely hammered for this. They're losing revenue, the clubs are missing out on revenue. All due to laziness and incompetence.

Whether it should be managed by clubs or fans is another questio

The issue it appears is NSWRL seem to have ownership of streaming rights for all of their grades. They just choose not to stream 95% of the matches, charge a lot for the one group of matches they do show, and seemingly won't allow clubs/fans to do their own thing.

Such a waste, and the NSWRL need to get absolutely hammered for this. They're losing revenue, the clubs are missing out on revenue. All due to laziness and incompetence.
Thanks BB for asking Richo id love to hear his reply if you get one.I think a lot of people would like to see it happen.

Whether it should be managed by clubs or fans is another question.

Did you flash your members digits?

Didnt the club try to do something like this years ago, im guessing around the 2006-2010 period on the old old Tigers website before the clubs websites all became NRL standard layouts? Somewhere around that timeframe. Just some Nigel in the stands with a handycam. I definitely remember the 144p quality over dial up speeds. Every so often the picture quality was good enough you could see the ball. Might be time to revisit the idea.

Thanks BB for asking Richo id love to hear his reply if you get one.I think a lot of people would like to see it happen.
I'd happily pay $50 a year on top of my membership in order to be able to stream all matts, ball, flegg and Cup games, or watch them on demand. And while not all of our members would, then would to even make a profit on it, boost exposure for sponsors etc

I'd happily pay $50 a year on top of my membership in order to be able to stream all matts, ball, flegg and Cup games, or watch them on demand. And while not all of our members would, then would to even make a profit on it, boost exposure for sponsors etc
I recently cancelled my Foxtel due to their rising fees. Kayo is getting more expensive as well. NSWRL are charging like a wounded bull for access to poor-quality games across the lower grades. I say poor quality in respect to the coverage, not the players. The callers are woeful. I'm convinced that unless they can see a player's jersey number then they have no idea what is going on.

Pay for view of a junior game is fine in spirit. But the cost needs to be paid for and a reasonable profit made

Oh for the days when Alan McGilvray would receive the teletexts thru from the Lords with the Ball, Shot and score using a pencil to create the sound effect of the ball hitting the bat.

For 1st Grade NRL and all Earth bound sport - Rugbystreams.me is free - it's a bit fiddly (Get an Adblocker) but better than KAYO just DM me if you need help.

I think NSWRL need to follow the blueprint of the QRL tbh and idk why they haven't already done so. They stream all the Mal Meninga cup U/18 games, colts U/21 and QCup games. You can pay per game or have a yearly subscription. It baffles me that NSWRL haven't already done so

Back