Brutally honest opinion on our halves

@GNR4LIFE said:
Brooks' shot missed by a mile and he reacted like it missed by an inch.

Watch a replay - it was actually pretty close, probably closer than Moses.

@ricksen said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

I'd say 2-3m left, Moses 4-5m right, from memory.

We had a lefty taking a shot from wide left and a righty taking a shot to the right post. Both of them sliced it and the ball moved away. I wonder if they swap?

Cronk's kick never looked like missing. He put up his hand for the winner as soon as it left hit boot.

@jirskyr said:
@ricksen said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

I'd say 2-3m left, Moses 4-5m right, from memory.

We had a lefty taking a shot from wide left and a righty taking a shot to the right post. Both of them sliced it and the ball moved away. I wonder if they swap?

Cronk's kick never looked like missing. He put up his hand for the winner as soon as it left hit boot.

Not as cocky as this freak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkPOO2tF0o

@Cultured Bogan said:
Not as cocky as this freak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DkPOO2tF0o

It's a shame for him that rugby deducts points for being a one-dimensional twat.

@willow said:
Moses was in the right place at the right time. He shanked it plain and simple.

Spot on . I don't think that there's anything wrong with taking a shot early , if your in position. In most cases it's better to go then instead of waiting the 5th.
Usually everyone's offside on that tackle ( and the refs almost never blow a penalty ) and the defence is on top of the kicker almost instantly.
You will get a bit more time if you can go early

@Russell said:
@tsjonathan said:
I have a feeling Martin will be a huge loss and the one we should have kept

I have a feeling he is going to be a BIG Dud. I am glad we let him go.

He's been a standout tonight. He doesn't look lost out there in first grade (to me) at all. It just makes me feel horrible we let him go.

Maybe we should get one back on the panthers and pinch Nathan Cleary from them. He led the panthers holden cup team to a 50-4 beatdown of the roosters, who were alongside the panthers at the top of the table.
Perhaps we could get him in a package deal with his dad

I think they are going okay for a couple of youngsters, but will reserve judgement on them until I have seen how they perform when Ballin has feed them a bit.

FWIW this is Nick Tedeschi's brutally honest opinion on one of our halves:

It strikes as utterly inconceivable that the Wests Tigers would even consider paying Mitchell Moses what he is reportedly demanding. He has shown virtually nothing as a first grader and is in the box seat to claim a second Willie M Medal, hitting the lead with another shocker that saw him miss the easiest of field goals with the game on the line as well as see most of his passes hit the deck. He just isn’t up to being a big-name starting half.

http://makingthenut.com/the-2016-willie-m-medal-round-7/

Other Tedeschi comments of possible interest:

Vale, Penalty Try: In another decision made unilaterally by the refereeing fraternity, the penalty try has been laid to rest, next to the send off with the sin bin not far behind it. Chris Lawrence should have been awarded the most obvious penalty try in Rugby League history on Sunday when held back by Richie Kennar but wasn’t. The officials have killed it without consultation or consideration. It really is a sad day when rules can be changed without proper consultation.

The Coaching Crosshairs: Five straight losses has almost certainly consigned the Wests Tigers to a coaching change with Jason Taylor nearly certain to be cut over the general bye weekend. The Tigers unfortunately though are unlikely to make either the smart decision (Ivan Cleary) or the bold decision (the Walker brothers) but will go with an untried old club stalwart who is mates with the football manager with Todd Payten the new favourite to take the job. A Payten hire would be as dumb a move as the Tigers could make.

@steve-o said:
Maybe we should get one back on the panthers and pinch Nathan Cleary from them. He led the panthers holden cup team to a 50-4 beatdown of the roosters, who were alongside the panthers at the top of the table.
Perhaps we could get him in a package deal with his dad

Why do we want them?

Don't need his dad - we have a coach and we don't need him either, we have enough youngsters - there coming out of our ….

@Tigesla said:

It strikes as utterly inconceivable that the Wests Tigers would even consider paying Mitchell Moses what he is reportedly demanding. He has shown virtually nothing as a first grader and is in the box seat to claim a second Willie M Medal, hitting the lead with another shocker that saw him miss the easiest of field goals with the game on the line as well as see most of his passes hit the deck. He just isn’t up to being a big-name starting half.

Vale, Penalty Try: In another decision made unilaterally by the refereeing fraternity, the penalty try has been laid to rest, next to the send off with the sin bin not far behind it. Chris Lawrence should have been awarded the most obvious penalty try in Rugby League history on Sunday when held back by Richie Kennar but wasn’t. The officials have killed it without consultation or consideration. It really is a sad day when rules can be changed without proper consultation.

The Coaching Crosshairs: Five straight losses has almost certainly consigned the Wests Tigers to a coaching change with Jason Taylor nearly certain to be cut over the general bye weekend. The Tigers unfortunately though are unlikely to make either the smart decision (Ivan Cleary) or the bold decision (the Walker brothers) but will go with an untried old club stalwart who is mates with the football manager with Todd Payten the new favourite to take the job. A Payten hire would be as dumb a move as the Tigers could make.

Who is this idiot?

Right with the penalty try - so far away from being right with the rest.

Why the bloody hell are we comparing field goals for ??

They do the job in the other 80 + minutes and we win 13+

@Russell said:
@Tigesla said:

Who is this idiot?

Right with the penalty try - so far away from being right with the rest.

He's a semi-professional sportswriter. His mail is junk mail, but he is passionate and funny.

Watch Jaimie Soward's game tonight.

Kicked Easts to death. Forced NINE line drop outs.

Was a masterclass really. How to control a game. How to grind a team into the dirt.

I just hope our halves are learning and getting better. They are arond that 50 game mark where I expect less hot and cold efforts.

We don't want another Benji to be honest as brilliant as he could be.

We need something sustainable.

@Eddie said:
Watch Jaimie Soward's game tonight.

Kicked Easts to death. Forced NINE line drop outs.

Was a masterclass really. How to control a game. How to grind a team into the dirt.

I just hope our halves are learning and getting better. They are arond that 50 game mark where I expect less hot and cold efforts.

We don't want another Benji to be honest as brilliant as he could be.

We need something sustainable.

I doubt our halves watched Sowards master class tonight , they were probably busy playing x-box .

I watched that thinking exactly the same. He was unreal. And then Wallace tried to glory try instead of throwing it to him again. He had it on a string.

the first 2 games from the halves and the team were great. Then the accolades and media attention, then less than great form, poor decisions on the field under pressure. Did the attention go to their heads? Mind somewhere else? maybe?

I think it was seven rather than nine, but the point remains. Textbook stuff.
Meanwhile we've forced seven dropouts all season.

That the problem.
As Eddie said worst kicking game in comp.

These players have to decide what they want to be.
They aren't great defenders.
Poor kicking game.
Below average goal kicker.
Still throwing poor passes.

And even worse not often supporting the play.

They have learn to do something really well.

And no way worth 800k their option. For that money we should have options.

Latest posts

Back