Brooks

sheer64

Whilst it was far from his best performance it was a step in the right direction. Hopefully he will cut out the mistakes and start to believe in himself again. It makes such a difference when the opposition have to look at two or three playmakers trying things.

I dont know how you all see footy, but if a 7 does his job well sometimes he can disappear. A 7 is an enabler, a 6 or 1 are game changers…

An example would be Robbie, I thought he had a good game, though I remember his game most for 2 poor kicking options ( being kind). Now he had another good kick, and a bit part in a try with Brooks, Moses, Teddy and Kev, though for the most he blended into to machine barring errors more often than not.

Brooks played a good cog in the machine tonight. He wasnt special, but any team member, especially a key one who plays part in a demolition of a top team such as the storm has to have done his job at the very least in a competent manner, and not earn undue criticism.

Frankly I disagree. A 7 doesn't disappear when he plays well. A 7 puts on all the good touches. Moses was the 7 tonight anyway and Brooks played like a five-eighth who didn't need to do much. Not a bad game by him, which is fine.

Mac, I never said he has to disappear to do his job, though he can and still be effective.

He was present in alot if not all of our deeper plays, and set them up by testing the line often earlier in the game. Without the first pass off the hooker the plays dont happen. He may not have been the finnishing pass, but played his roll as enabling well enough.

I agree with you for the most part, but he doesnt have to stand out to play well.

He did do that.

Look, as you said he was fine, but I wouldn't call it above average. I'd call it average.

I will grant that he and Moses both tackled very very well tonight.

Just watched the first half … Brooks was solid , but I think we're all dying to see some individual brilliance from him !... IMO .

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

i think the more both the halves run the harder it is for the opposition to pick us off in attack. just watching the first half brooks has run the ball 3 or 4 more times which is more than he has the last few weeks which forces the defense to hold on him instead of sliding to the next man

@MacDougall said:
Frankly I disagree. A 7 doesn't disappear when he plays well. A 7 puts on all the good touches. Moses was the 7 tonight anyway and Brooks played like a five-eighth who didn't need to do much. Not a bad game by him, which is fine.

Moses played the controlling 7 tonight and he played well.

His low on confidence unfortunately I feel. Think its more of a mental thing for him at present.

Attaching footy was good, his defense fell short again. Saw a couple of missed tackles and got run over (again) but overall a decent performance.

I thought he was good…missed a few but also made some very good tackles as well...playing with a different second row partner every other week can't help...

He moved the team around well...

dunno what game you were watching but Brooks was/is/has always been butt average. Has never showed anything. This kid isnt gonna make it. Potential, potential, potential. The only standout moments I can remember from him as I type this is his c grade knock on on their line which then led to the usual dumb Tigers penalty from Kevie 30 seconds later and then the usual try 30 seconds after that, as well as a missed tackle in the 15th minute that in the process knocked Sirro off the Melbourne player that then led to a Marika try 10 seconds later. Moses and Teddy got us home tonight despite Brooks being there. Very average player that the Tigers are reportedly throwing 600-700K at in the next year or 2….the mind boggles.

Thought brooksie has a mixed bag tonight, but overall did his job.

Big congrats to Curtis Sironen. We need more of that from him, very solid.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Yeah it wasn't his best game though he certainly did his job!
He took the line on a number of times but you gotta remember the storms middle D is solid as a rock,our points were obviously scored out wide.
He played safe (besides the dropped ball),
and let Moses do his thing,there slowly finding a balance between themselves.
Good game!

ive actually been pretty disappointed with brooks' season, and didnt think he did much tonight either. i hope he gets better.

@turnstyle said:
ive actually been pretty disappointed with brooks' season, and didnt think he did much tonight either. i hope he gets better.

I like Brooks but we do need more from him. I think with a bit of space he will make plenty of busts because he is very quick but he needs to start doing that regularly.

Latest posts

Members online

Back