Brooks no try

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARDS

NRL rules
CHARGING-DOWN is blocking the path of the ball with hands, arm or body as it rises from an opponent's kick

How does this not apply to the Brooks no try?
I was blowing up last night about it and thought maybe I didn't know the rule , so I checked the rule book,but I reckon the NRL doesn't know their own rule.

@lards said in [Brooks no try](/post/1432092) said:
NRL rules
CHARGING-DOWN is blocking the path of the ball with hands, arm or body as it rises from an opponent's kick

I was blowing up last night about it and thought maybe I didn't know the rule , so I checked the rule book,but I reckon the NRL doesn't know their own rule.

This one has also strung us in the past I believe. I was blowing up too.

Think they said charge with the leg then he's used his arm tough one for the poor bugger

It was a tough call and could have gone either way but we shouldn't have been in that position. They either shut up shop or lost any confidence when the Warriors scored their first two tries - there is no mental resilience within the players in this group.

Got to take game defining moments out of the refs hands. If we could hold our line, this wouldn't be a problem. Paper thin defence for 10years+

That wasn't a charge down. He kicked at the ball with his leg.

@bagnf05 said in [Brooks no try](/post/1432109) said:
@lards said in [Brooks no try](/post/1432092) said:
NRL rules

This one has also strung us in the past I believe. I was blowing up too.

Your rule says arms hands body... No. Legs.... Which is what he played at the ball.with thus not a charge down

@cochise said in [Brooks no try](/post/1432199) said:
He really should have pulled up and not scored.

The only problem there is that with our lack of support play he would have played the ball to no one like Joffa did.

This 100%. He would’ve felt it hit his arm and should have finished short of the line with Montoya coming from the otherside to get him - spread next set we score. In saying that no one would have been behind him for play the ball……

On the original post. He played a kick through with his foot it then deflected up to the arm. Refs got it right.

Good teams create their luck.

Twice this season Brooks has run the length of the field to put the ball down for what initially looks like a match winning try only to have it disallowed. 4 very valuable competition points that would probably have us in the 8.

Lots of good teams would have pulled that off, unfortunately we are not a good team and definitely do not deserve to be in the 8.

@hank37w said in [Brooks no try](/post/1432209) said:
Good teams create their luck.

Twice this season Brooks has run the length of the field to put the ball down for what initially looks like a match winning try only to have it disallowed. 4 very valuable competition points that would probably have us in the 8.

Lots of good teams would have pulled that off, unfortunately we are not a good team and definitely do not deserve to be in the 8.

The Bunnies game wouldn’t have happened as the ref was always going video for Burgess - in saying that good teams would never let a prop run 40mtrs to score a match winner up the middle un touched.

Seriously if he had half a brain he would have took a tackle down the other end.

Doesn’t matter, we did not deserve to win.

We should have been leading 30-0 at half time with the amount of players they had out..

There was not a single player running behind him in support, would’ve had to stand there for 20 seconds waiting for a dummy half.

@trusted_insider said in [Brooks no try](/post/1432248) said:
There was not a single player running behind him in support, would’ve had to stand there for 20 seconds waiting for a dummy half.

That’s nitpicking

I think that this is a coaching issue as well. Just get tackled.

@milky said in [Brooks no try](/post/1432245) said:
Doesn’t matter, we did not deserve to win.

We should have been leading 30-0 at half time with the amount of players they had out..

No we didn't deserve to win, but we also had plenty out. But nobody mentions that - like ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back