Bitcoin and Crypto

Hangonaminute

Any Crypto people here?

What do you think about the halving, the future of this technology and the current state of the internet, currency, wealth etc?

I have a little. I wish I had more. Not sure what will happen with the halving. Heard conflicting opinions. I hope some of the better cryptos will become more widely accepted and used as they are potentially a secure store of value.
I have grave fears about any digital currency coming from the Government or central banks.

Bitcoin isn't the one to gamble your savings on. They'll only produce a finite number and then that's it. You needed to get onto it 5 years ago.

@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145720) said:
Bitcoin isn't the one to gamble your savings on. They'll only produce a finite number and then that's it. You needed to get onto it 5 years ago.

Pretty much a electronic pyramid scheme long term.

Just another form of control...?

@Geo said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145728) said:

Not those pesky overlords again?

My son has been a working partner in a Bitcoin company / business for last 5 years.
Been doing reasonably well. I have a few but nothing serious.
Noticed latest developments on China where I read that the government is developing its own cripto currency.
Interesting times with world economies and banking under CV19 pressure.

@cochise said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146345) said:
@willow said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146325) said:
What do the conspiracy theorists actually think the government is going to do to you if you download the app?

My concern isn't really with the app, why should our government be storing data that they collect on us on server in another country that can not be protected by our legal system? This is not just the data from this app, this would be the data on things like mygov etc.

Then take the privacy issue out of it for a moment, at this point in time while our economy is falling, why would we send a contract like this overseas instead of supporting our own businesses?

If you're relying on any "legal system" to protect your data, it's too late by that time the damage is done.
Any centralised method of storage is vulnerable to attack no matter what piece of ground it sits on.

That's why we need a decentralized internet where everyone OWNS their own identity and any data, they control it and decide who sees it, they also can track who has seen it on the blockchain in real time.

We need to take the power back!!!!!
And Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology is building this infastructure right now.

This is the future of the internet, and you can invest and participate in building it.
Buy and use Cryptocurrency, it's never been easier.
Free yourself from these criminal cartels known as banks, be your own bank, own your own data and anything you create online.
Or continue being slaves to THEIR system.

If you think that, I'm afraid you're making a big mistake, and you'll eventually be trying to get in at much higher prices.
I've been in this since 2013 and I can tell you it's only really starting to get going now.
Eventually anybody who doesn't own Bitcoin (and some other Crypto) will not be in a good position.

The fact that the supply is capped is part of the reason why it's a good idea to get some, it's "deflationary" we know how much is entering the supply and when and at what what rate and the total supply and roughly when that will happen.

As opposed to the current fiat currency which is created out of thin air, we don't know when or how much is going to be pumped into the supply and everytime it does it devalues the dollar we have in our pocket, we don't know how much in total will enter the supply because it's limitless and eventually it's value WILL be ZERO.
Every fiat currency has gone to ZERO.

What makes you think this current one won't and do you think we need a better one?

If you do I suggest you learn more about crypto because it's not going away any time soon and is becoming a lot easier to access and use.

In case you didn't know there's now a Crypo Visa card that you use exactly like your current bank card only it converts your Crypto to dollars so you can spend it anywhere that accepts Visa (which is everywhere)
you also get free Spotify and Netflix (if you stake so many coins, Google staking) and either 2% or 3% back on every purchase you make in the form of MCO which is a Cryptocurrency (and is increasing in value)
Also zero fees, you can essentially do away with your bank completely (I have).

You are your own bank, you can lend out your Crypto to whoever wants to borrow it and enter a "smart contract" where you come to an agreement on the rate of return and it's entered into the blockchain and it's completely "trustless" (learn about what trustless means)
so the transaction happens automatically, no middle man taking a cut, no trusting the other person to repay you.

The thing is, Crypto is so much more than just a digital currency, but it's best to discover what else it's capable of for yourself, what I said here is a small part of what it's capable of being used for.

The visa card is available at crypto.com if anyone is interested.

Free yourself.

@mike said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145727) said:

Pretty much a electronic pyramid scheme long term.

I'm interested in why you think that.

Who controls it?

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146610) said:

If you think that, I'm afraid you're making a big mistake, and you'll eventually be trying to get in at much higher prices.
I've been in this since 2013 and I can tell you it's only really starting to get going now.
Eventually anybody who doesn't own Bitcoin (and some other Crypto) will not be in a good position.

The fact that the supply is capped is part of the reason why it's a good idea to get some, it's "deflationary" we know how much is entering the supply and when and at what what rate and the total supply and roughly when that will happen.

As opposed to the current fiat currency which is created out of thin air, we don't know when or how much is going to be pumped into the supply and everytime it does it devalues the dollar we have in our pocket, we don't know how much in total will enter the supply because it's limitless and eventually it's value WILL be ZERO.

What makes you think this current one won't and do you think we need a better one?

If you do I suggest you learn more about crypto because it's not going away any time soon and is becoming a lot easier to access and use.

In case you didn't know there's now a Crypo Visa card that you use exactly like your current bank card only it converts your Crypto to dollars so you can spend it anywhere that accepts Visa (which is everywhere)
you also get free Spotify and Netflix (if you stake so many coins, Google staking) and either 2% or 3% back on every purchase you make in the form of MCO which is a Cryptocurrency (and is increasing in value)

You are your own bank, you can lend out your Crypto to whoever wants to borrow it and enter a "smart contract" where you come to an agreement on the rate of return and it's entered into the blockchain and it's completely "trustless" (learn about what trustless means)
so the transaction happens automatically, no middle man taking a cut, no trusting the other person to repay you.

The thing is, Crypto is so much more than just a digital currency, but it's best to discover what else it's capable of for yourself, what I said here is a small part of what it's capable of being used for.

Free yourself.

Free yourself huh? How bout you free yourself and give me all your money and you can keep your bitcoin

@momo_amp_medo said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145734) said:
My son has been a working partner in a Bitcoin company / business for last 5 years.
Noticed latest developments on China where I read that the government is developing its own cripto currency.

Oh cool, is the company based in Australia?
I've been involved since about 2013, not in a business sense just personally.

Things are getting interesting and we're not too far away from a change in trend, once Bitcoin gets above 10.5k US and closes a weekly candle above it, that's conformation that the trend has changed and that combined with the halving will see Bitcoin enter an uptrend until maybe 2022.
I've been waiting for this signal for over 850 days, we've already flashed positive signs on several indicators, now just waiting for confirmation on price and it's all systems go.

Don't take my advice, but go do some investigating, we're in for some interesting times.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146615) said:
@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146610) said:

Free yourself.

Free yourself huh? How bout you free yourself and give me all your money and you can keep your bitcoin

Ok, I understand, you're not interested, that's cool.
But you're here so it's a start, and I know you're curiosity will probably get the better of you and you'll look into it a bit more.
If you have any questions I'm happy to help.

For the record I've been living off trading crypto for 4yrs now, not trying to say I'm a genius just saying I know my way around it so I'm happy to answer any questions and help out those that are interested.

@yeti said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145695) said:
I have a little. I wish I had more. Not sure what will happen with the halving. Heard conflicting opinions. I hope some of the better cryptos will become more widely accepted and used as they are potentially a secure store of value.
I have grave fears about any digital currency coming from the Government or central banks.

I know what you mean about Digital currencies created by banks but I think people are starting to understand the flaws in the fiat system and would be crazy to just step into another centralised system with the same inherent flaws.

It's really just up to us, the way to take control back is simply not use their currency, that's the beauty of Crypto it gives us ownership and puts us in control.

If anyone understands the way fiat currency works and the federal reserve banking cartel and how they've been stealing our wealth since the day it was created, nobody would use their filthy money again, sadly most people are too lazy or just blissfully ignorant to find out.

The criminals (bankers) also use language to baffle the general public such as "quantitive easing" once average Joe hears a banker or finance guy use language like that they just switch off and don't even bother finding out what it means.

Ask the average person this question.
Where does money come from?

And I bet you 95% of people don't know, (I've been doing this for a few years now)

It blows my mind that people use this currency every day, they work their asses off for it, they'll make themselves sick for it and because of it yet they don't know where it comes from,
and what's worse is, they don't realise how their wealth is being separated from them systematically.

If you're interested there now a Crypto Visa debit card available that can be used just like your current bank card, it also allows you to "stake" coins and receive 2% or 3% (or more) cashback immediately paid in MCO (Monaco) and depending on how much you stake you can also get free Spotify and Netflix subscriptions, also zero fees.

Check it out at crypto.com

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146612) said:

Who controls it?

Three people actually.

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146626) said:
@yeti said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145695) said:

I know what you mean about Digital currencies created by banks but I think people are starting to understand the flaws in the fiat system and would be crazy to just step into another centralised system with the same inherent flaws.

It's really just up to us, the way to take control back is simply not use their currency, that's the beauty of Crypto it gives us ownership and puts us in control.

If anyone understands the way fiat currency works and the federal reserve banking cartel and how they've been stealing our wealth since the day it was created, nobody would use their filthy money again, sadly most people are too lazy or just blissfully ignorant to find out.

The criminals (bankers) also use language to baffle the general public such as "quantitive easing" once average Joe hears a banker or finance guy use language like that they just switch off and don't even bother finding out what it means.

Ask the average person this question.
Where does money come from?

And I bet you 95% of people don't know, (I've been doing this for a few years now)

It blows my mind that people use this currency every day, they work their asses off for it, they'll make themselves sick for it and because of it yet they don't know where it comes from,
and what's worse is, they don't realise how their wealth is being separated from them systematically.

If you're interested there now a Crypto Visa debit card available that can be used just like your current bank card, it also allows you to "stake" coins and receive 2% or 3% (or more) cashback immediately paid in MCO (Monaco) and depending on how much you stake you can also get free Spotify and Netflix subscriptions, also zero fees.

Check it out at crypto.com

I would be very interested to know more about this. Once crypto becomes easier to use, the take up will sky rocket.
Who issues this visa card?
Have you looked at Monero? A truly private coin that I think will also do very well.

@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146639) said:

Who controls it?

Three people actually.

No one controls it. That's the whole point of a true crypto. It is a decentralised system. That's not to say price can't be manipulated to a point by 'whales' buying/selling large numbers of Bitcoin. That can happen in any market. So I am interested in your comment, Willow, that 3 people 'control' it. Can you elaborate?

@yeti said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146642) said:
@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146639) said:

Who controls it?

Three people actually.

No one controls it. That's the whole point of a true crypto. It is a decentralised system. That's not to say price can't be manipulated to a point by 'whales' buying/selling large numbers of Bitcoin. That can happen in any market. So I am interested in your comment, Willow, that 3 people 'control' it. Can you elaborate?

Not in this case no.

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146616) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145734) said:

Oh cool, is the company based in Australia?
I've been involved since about 2013, not in a business sense just personally.

Things are getting interesting and we're not too far away from a change in trend, once Bitcoin gets above 10.5k US and closes a weekly candle above it, that's conformation that the trend has changed and that combined with the halving will see Bitcoin enter an uptrend until maybe 2022.
I've been waiting for this signal for over 850 days, we've already flashed positive signs on several indicators, now just waiting for confirmation on price and it's all systems go.

Don't take my advice, but go do some investigating, we're in for some interesting times.

Yes but just recently they were taken over by overseas company ...... so now he is still working, but not carrying all the risk.

Back