Big Ed Pettybourne signs with Brooklyn

Yossarian

Some interesting things happening in North America

[link text](http://brooklynkingsrugby.com/former-national-rugby-league-star-usa-representative-eddy-pettybourne-signs-2-year-brooklyn-kings-deal/?fbclid=IwAR1loCqKzTCczQPeKNtKu2cUuvGO_Ey8CSWZYDPtwFblA3Q0US7lnSr1F0c)

@tilllindemann said in [Big Ed Pettybourne signs with Brooklyn](/post/1330753) said:
Will Toronto Wolfpack join this comp?

I believe they’ve committed to play in it. Them and the Ottawa team that was going to join an English competition.

@geo said in [Big Ed Pettybourne signs with Brooklyn](/post/1330750) said:
Get him to return drop outs..

😂
Remember watching him playing for the Rabbits and thinking 'this bloke will be a handy signing' with his strong charges. Fast forward to his playing career at WT and I think he had 1 big carry from a kickoff where he came from the back fence and that was it. We got nothing else from him. Yet another dud purchase.

Good luck to him though.

Catch-22 with the game in America.

RL is a brilliant product and if you especially targeted playing matches outside of the NFL, targeting talent that can't quite make the NFL, you still have a potentially large talent pool.

Americans have absolutely no idea the difference between League and Union, but I believe there are more Union players via the colleges, so that's another talent pool.

However if the game ever did get big in the US, as unlikely at that sounds, it would cruel the game here. We'd never compete financially with a strong American Rugby League.

Back