OFFICIAL *Behind The Roar Official Wests Tigers Podcast*

John Bateman is fascinating to watch. The way he contorts his body while he runs so that he keeps a pass and kick option alive is great. 'Footy genius' may be too big of a hyperbole, but he's not far off it.

Was one of my favourite players to watch when he played for Canberra. Loving seeing him in our colours.
Not sure he’s hit top gear yet but working on it.
He may not be as sharp as he was a few years ago but has an X factor like a lot of Poms ie, the little grubber , the blind side shot etc etc.
Expect the unexpected.

I find Warren really lame. How does he spend 40 minutes salivating over a single regular season win like it's a grand final triumph? Only at the tigers. We won a game, that's it. Sure discuss the beauty of it but put it into perspective. Insight into brooks is that he thinks a lot about cooking and didn't talk much anything interesting like why his form has improved or give any insight into how his or the tigers game has progressed or perhaps insight into different approaches to coaching. Its all just Warren trying to be chummy and no one saying anything, like a poor man's bloke at a bar.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but brooks seemed to care a bit too much about his 200th. I like Bennett's approach which is to talk about others when he was coaching his 15th thousandth game. Not really Brooks' style. Also seemed pretty indifferent when asked if he wanted to stay. Not holding that against him, just think the podcast is a bit too soft and cuddly and could use a bit of grit.
Mate you try growing up with Ray Warren as your dad see how you go.

I find Warren really lame. How does he spend 40 minutes salivating over a single regular season win like it's a grand final triumph? Only at the tigers. We won a game, that's it. Sure discuss the beauty of it but put it into perspective. Insight into brooks is that he thinks a lot about cooking and didn't talk much anything interesting like why his form has improved or give any insight into how his or the tigers game has progressed or perhaps insight into different approaches to coaching. Its all just Warren trying to be chummy and no one saying anything, like a poor man's bloke at a bar.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but brooks seemed to care a bit too much about his 200th. I like Bennett's approach which is to talk about others when he was coaching his 15th thousandth game. Not really Brooks' style. Also seemed pretty indifferent when asked if he wanted to stay. Not holding that against him, just think the podcast is a bit too soft and cuddly and could use a bit of grit.
Disagree about the Host, He is doing a lot with a little.

Chris Warren comes across as authentic and respectful.

Keep these up. Would love a few of the Older players

Disagree about the Host, He is doing a lot with a little.

Chris Warren comes across as authentic and respectful.

Keep these up. Would love a few of the Older players
The podcast isn't a deep dive on playing ability. It is a more personal show focused on learning about people who work at the club.

If you haven't watched this week's episode with Paul Whatuira it's really worth a look.
He's a very interesting bloke with an inspirational story of turning things around.
I found this one a bit hard to listen to in that chris was asking questions he is not qualified to ask.

Back