Balmain v Parra 1999 Chooseday night

Hbom

Up for selection this week on Fox is the last first grade game Balmain played at Leichhardt Oval. I was at the game and it will live in memory forever. On a freezing night, in absolutely torrential rain, last placed Balmain took on 1st placed Parra and came away with a proud victory. The hill was absolutely packed and the spirit was alive and burning.

I would love to see this game again, but at the moment it is trailing in the votes.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26177869-5018866,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've still got that game on video (somewhere). Great memories of that game. It was the first game I ever took my girlfriend to. Pouring rain, freezing cold, and after the game she asked me when the next game was. Any wonder I married her?

I was there, The rain covered up the tears I was crying!

Hi everyone

I voted - I note we are only 23 votes behind - I am sure we can make that up.

Of course, I was at that game - I wouldn't miss the last Balmain game!! People were allowed on the field after the game - so many mud-soaked fans!!

Tigergran

I had to sit in the car with the heater on for a good 5 minutes before my hands were not too numb to drive after that game. Wprst conditions I have ever sat through for a whole game (although the hail storm for Balmain v Manly in the late 80s was worse)

I remember Tookey scoring a try from half way straight up the guts and a streaker before the game who (in a sign of the security standards those days) managed to sprint down the hill side, get dressed and walk back past the hill to cheers all round!!!

Im in….......didn't Wests finish last ?

South Sydney V Western Suburbs
Round 7, 1999
Both teams entered the 1999 season uncertain about their playing future. Souths had made a promising start & were in the top 8, with local junior Craig Wing providing plenty of spark in his second season. On the other hand, the Magpies were searching for their first win in nearly 10 months. Wests' legend Tom Raudonikis needed something inspirational in his role as coach after 14 consecutive losses.

Hey what about this game.......

awesome im loving this,wish they would have more classic games
looks like a full game to according to the tv guide

@tigergran said:
Hi everyone

I voted - I note we are only 23 votes behind - I am sure we can make that up.

Of course, I was at that game - I wouldn't miss the last Balmain game!! People were allowed on the field after the game - so many mud-soaked fans!!

Tigergran

No worries Tigergran….looks at this stage,we are up by 79 votes, we will be watching it on Tuesday....but Bears fans might make a late charge....so come on guys, lets vote up

**Which match do you want to see on Chooseday Night Football?**

R7, 1999 South Sydney v Western Suburbs - 21.16% (185 votes)
**R24, 1999 Balmain v Parramatta - 43.93% (384 votes)**
(R25, 1999 North Sydney v Melbourne Storm - 34.89% (305 votes)

@Jazza said:
@tigergirlz said:
You can vote twice :righton: Norths game up by 63 votes atm.

Geez, the Bears fans have caught on to this, they're up by 282 votes now!

went up 205 votes in the last 10 mins
someone keeps voting and is cheating

Latest posts

Members online

Back