Ball playing lock

king_sirro

Our attack will not improve until we get a lock who can straighten the attack then play out the back.

At the moment we are either going long ball to a half, which just allows the opposition to slide straight away, or Klemmer/Joffa are attempting to play the link man but they both crab sideways when doing it, this negates what they are trying to do which is condense the opposition middle and delaying their sliding.

Until we can condense the opposition middle, we will continue to offer nothing on the edges.

Only 3 possibilities within this squad, Matamua (who is the most natural at this, but unproven at this level), Bateman or Papalii.

One of those 3 must be lock next week.

Good analysis. You have to drop one of the props. Who gets dropped ? On the back of that performance I'd drop Stef but I don't think you can because he has an impact.

It won't be Bateman. I'd go with Matamua.

Yeah that's it, if we just bring in a ball playing lock we'll be fine...

Good analysis. You have to drop one of the props. Who gets dropped ? On the back of that performance I'd drop Stef but I don't think you can because he has an impact.

It won't be Bateman. I'd go with Matamua.
I've backed him relentlessly, but I'd drop Twal. Can't believe he didn't ground that haha

Our attack will not improve until we get a lock who can straighten the attack then play out the back.

At the moment we are either going long ball to a half, which just allows the opposition to slide straight away, or Klemmer/Joffa are attempting to play the link man but they both crab sideways when doing it, this negates what they are trying to do which is condense the opposition middle and delaying their sliding.

Until we can condense the opposition middle, we will continue to offer nothing on the edges.

Only 3 possibilities within this squad, Matamua (who is the most natural at this, but unproven at this level), Bateman or Papalii.

One of those 3 must be lock next week.
If we had a halfback who demanded the ball, talked, played with composure and controlled the side, lock wouldn't matter. Brooks can't do his job. He actually made some good plays today, but they were plays of a 5/8, off the cuff. There was no command or control of the game

he won't drop Brooks topped the tackle count just about and made one of our only clean breaks all game.
You move AD to centre and keep Brooks at 6. I don't think Buckley's chance of wakeham coming in for brooks or AD
IMO Brooks is a 6 and we need to push even harder for Moses now. Brooks is just not a leader of the team but a great ball runner. AD to 13 or Centre

We could've also signed Nathan Brown who the Roosters have picked up instead, who's a great ball-player from lock (even if he's become a bit of a pillow taking it forward). Sadly, it made too much sense to do that.

Back