Backs to the wall

Hbom

After one of the most gut wrenching losses in recent memory we find ourselves battered and bruised. We have a must win game on one of the hardest road trips in the NRL. We are playing an impressive side riding high on confidence.

Tigers fans be sure, if we pull off a victory Friday night, we will have achieved something very special and will carry some huge confidence into a week where we can expect to see newspapers everywhere writing about the qualifying final in 2005\. The dragons will be so sick of hearing about it that it may just seep into their sub-conscious.

Our backs are to the wall. I think we are going to see something epic from the boys this week. C'MON TIGERS!!!

If we can control Canberra's forwards and prevent them from offloading as frequently as they do, I believe we are a good chance.

its gonna be a very very tough game! After the devistating loss the boys will be so earger to pull off a win…I dont know if we can do it with the injuries, but i do know that the boys will leave nothing in tha tank.

don't know why but I feel confident that wests-tiger will win on fri night against the raiders.
it will be a bash-a-thon in the forwards, and speed attack from the backs.
get up and in Campese face and really pee him off. he loses focus and emotions get better of him.
wests-tigers have nothing to lose, all we can ask for is "they get in and have a go", if the season ends of fri night so be it.
I'm estatic they got this far, so am gonna sit back and enjoy the ride..

There is a lot of talk around the media and the Canberra forums of how well they are traveling, and looking forward to going all the way etc. This will work in our favour. Anyone who thinks the tigers won't turn up this week is kidding. We may just catch a raiders side with a complacent streak.

Get ahead, take the crowd out of it, watch the panic start.

the one thing that worries me is fatigue.. raiders fade 2nd half.. i mean the panthers almost run them down at the end and they just kick the ball and hope.

i just pray we have enough petrol in the 60minute mark to put them too the sword!

Last weekends game will have taken alot out of the boys.
But canberra aren't as flash as everyones making out.

I am no footballer, so would not know - how much is an extra 20 mins of hard football at the end of a game going to really effect them 6 days later? Surely the weeks training will be scaled back, and they will be right as rain energy level wise come Friday? Anyone have a good insight into this?

The extra 20 minutes wont make any difference, the human body is an amazing piece of machinery, the harder you push it, the stronger it gets, I think it will work in our favour, so will the psychological aspect, so will the Underdog tag, so will the raiders complacency and inexperience in Finals…..the planets are aligned all things point to a Tigers victory...

Everyone is forgetting how WELL we played agasint the roosters, we totally owned them in the first 60 minutes, it could have been 18-0 after 15 minuted with a bit of luck.....
the better team lost, we just need to convert those chances into points......

We might be extremely physically drained, but the way Bryce and Gareth started smashing blokes for the opening 20 last week tells me we can get over them in the forwards, then there was also Keith, who really went forward with gusto for most of the game. We might be backs against the wall, but we would have a whole lot more to play for in a pride and courage sense.

@LARDS said:

Maybe not flash, though I dunno about that either.
But theyre on one hell of a roll.

Penrith (a) W
Brisbane (a) W
Nth Qld (h) W
Saints (h) W
Dogs (a) W
Penrith (h) W
Melb (a) L
Cronulla (h) W
Newcastl (h) W
Manly (a) W

@innsaneink said:
@LARDS said:

Penrith (a) W
Brisbane (a) W
Nth Qld (h) W
Saints (h) W
Dogs (a) W
Penrith (h) W
Melb (a) L
Cronulla (h) W
Newcastl (h) W
Manly (a) W

Wests Tigers (h) L
:wink:

we have already beaten them twice this yr. we will beat them a third time on friday night. CMON WESTS

@innsaneink said:
@LARDS said:

Penrith (a) W
Brisbane (a) W
Nth Qld (h) W
Saints (h) W
Dogs (a) W
Penrith (h) W
Melb (a) L
Cronulla (h) W
Newcastl (h) W
Manly (a) W

And yet we've beaten all but two of those teams! manly and the dragqueens!! we'll win by 14, they are due for a loss! :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

@scags said:
@innsaneink said:
@LARDS said:

Penrith (a) W
Brisbane (a) W
Nth Qld (h) W
Saints (h) W
Dogs (a) W
Penrith (h) W
Melb (a) L
Cronulla (h) W
Newcastl (h) W
Manly (a) W

And yet we've beaten all but two of those teams! manly and the dragqueens!! we'll win by 14, they are due for a loss! :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Should do. Their only fire power at the moment is the offloads and cross field bombs (which mostly result in the dummy jumpers knocking the ball back), Im sure the boys will do their homework and MARK UP.

@scags said:
@innsaneink said:
@LARDS said:

Penrith (a) W
Brisbane (a) W
Nth Qld (h) W
Saints (h) W
Dogs (a) W
Penrith (h) W
Melb (a) L
Cronulla (h) W
Newcastl (h) W
Manly (a) W

Hope youre right.

Latest posts

Back