Backrow needs fixing

No doubt he has some ability and is still very young for a forward, so should only keep improving.
He ran the ball strongly playing as a prop today and held his own against big Nelson.
Being such a big body certainly helps and I think his ball running is very good for someone his age, but I do think he needs to be a bit more aggressive and use his size better defensively.
In saying all this I do feel sorry for our edge players in particular playing NSW Cup as the service to them so far this season has generally been atrocious, not giving them much opportunity to shine.
Yeah totally agree with you there!

They have played Sukkar in the centres, second row and front row. He is more of a strong edge runner and has some speed.
No doubt he has some ability and is still very young for a forward, so should only keep improving.
Thanks guys. He sounds promising, do you reckon he’s better than having flippers on the bench?
How old is he and where’s he come from bcoz I haven’t heard of him till this season?

The pack and the team functioned better when Klemmer was off and Twal was on.
Klemmer slows everything down.
Twal was damaging and had quick play the balls. Old man Klemmer was backing into the defence as usual before being put on his back like a feeble geezer.

Thanks guys. He sounds promising, do you reckon he’s better than having flippers on the bench?
How old is he and where’s he come from bcoz I haven’t heard of him till this season?
19, from the Balmain system.

It really is quite embarrassing how pathetic our back row stocks are. Bateman has been rubbish, Ice has been playing like a bench prop, and then there's really no one else in the top 30 who's a backrower. Sam could be moulded out there but so far has played exclusively through the middle. Our back row stocks in up are pretty abysmal. A couple of prospects in flegg but they're also in their first year of flegg and we shouldn't rush development due to desperation.
Sadly Kepaoa will be named this week, with the injuries i can accept it as a necessary limitation of squad numbers and positions, but geez we really need to recruit heavily in this area. Of all our hun juniors coming through none of them are really back rowers. We need a bunch of 190cm+, 105kg+ back rowers to start coming through our system. I wonder if Howarth would be a smokey

It really is quite embarrassing how pathetic our back row stocks are. Bateman has been rubbish, Ice has been playing like a bench prop, and then there's really no one else in the top 30 who's a backrower. Sam could be moulded out there but so far has played exclusively through the middle. Our back row stocks in up are pretty abysmal. A couple of prospects in flegg but they're also in their first year of flegg and we shouldn't rush development due to desperation.
Sadly Kepaoa will be named this week, with the injuries i can accept it as a necessary limitation of squad numbers and positions, but geez we really need to recruit heavily in this area. Of all our hun juniors coming through none of them are really back rowers. We need a bunch of 190cm+, 105kg+ back rowers to start coming through our system. I wonder if Howarth would be a smokey
Yep and important for backrowers these days to have some pace about them & good lateral movement.

As you said maybe Samuela can develop into one, maybe Sukkar is a prospect & hopeful that Broederlow & Zak Clarke can keep progressing.

But we definitely need to recruit another decent prospect for next season as a back-up to Ice & Bateman.

Back