Asu Kepaoa #236

I'm surprised that Kepaoa has surprised people. He played a few games at centre last year and I thought he was our best centre for the last few years bar Douehi.

He got a bad wrap because he was error prone on the wing. Not all centres can play wing. His strength is agility, strength and offload. He isn't the most co-ordinated person that you need to be on the wing.
I'm going to ease off my criticism of him now that I've chatted with him. He comes across as a very humble guy and now he has put in some game time he is improving.
He missed a couple of crucial tackles against the broncos but as long as your improving every week what more can you ask for.

Always been a fan, and I've said it multiple times - just like Talau, Kepaoa will come good.

Not there yet, but definitely improving with more regular game time in his actual position.

Really bothered me that he put his head down and stood still expecting Broncos to score after his miss on Tesi Niu though.
Did Talau come good?

I think his best attribute this time around has been his engagement, you could say the same about the whole team over the past few weeks. But AJ has been really impressive when reading the opposition's attack. He doesn't always stick the landing but his decision making has been excellent, really good for a young kid with limited time in FG. And it's clear he's an athlete, his first step is lethal. Looking forward to watching his continued development

He hasn't had his chance to? Notice he's been sidelined a while?

He was definitely showing signs. And will continue to do so with a regular stint.
Yeh mate, maybe so. Comes from good stock.
A bit slow for me but your right, with more games under his belt and some coaching from Sheens and Benji he could be a goodin.

Reactions: Moh
Kepaoa extends his contract with Wests Tigers until the end of 2024 season

Good news. He can take one of our outside back positions. I think he will do better at centre. He is a threat. He can score a try off a run, in the air and he can make a good pass.

Lol Facebook Tiger supporters are losing there minds. they say he shouldn't step foot near the Tiger 1st grade squad.
Look, he should be here for depth only. He has been better, but he needs to improve out of sight to be 1st grade level IMO

I disagree. He looks like a first grader right now. He won't be a top tier player but he can do the job at this level.
He'll go to the next level under Sheens/Marshall/Farah if he is prepared to work hard and improve his defence. He nearly always beats the first defender and has a good mix of pace, size and power. That pass, either through the hands or creating second phase makes him a handful for any defence which I'm sure the Roosters knew when they recruited him.

Back