Apparently we're interested in Hayne

LARDS

NRL team reportedly pulls out of Jarryd Hayne race because of personality flaw
May 19, 20169:51am
>
SYDNEY Roosters have reportedly pulled out of the race to sign nomad superstar Jarryd Hayne.
>
The future of the former NFL running back remains a mystery after he was on Wednesday left out of the Fiji squad for this weekend’s London Sevens event.
>
Hayne has announced he is chasing the opportunity to play for the world-champion Fiji team at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, beginning August 5.
>
The Roosters were previously considered the front-runners to recruit Hayne for the 2017 NRL season, but have now pulled out of the race, according to Channel 7.
>
A report on Wednesday night claimed Hayne’s link to the Parramatta Eels’ salary cap scandal and the star’s unique personality have subdued the Bondi club’s interest in offering the 28-year-old a mega-rich deal.
>
“Although they’ve been watching him with interest over the past 12 months, the Roosters have rapidly cooled on the idea of signing Hayne to what would have to be the code’s richest deal,” Channel 7 reported.
Mountain climbing.
>
Mountain climbing.Source:News Corp Australia
>
“A number of factors have dampened their interest over the past months or so. The first is the fact Hayne’s manager, Wayne Beavis, is part of the NRL’s salary cap investigation into Parramatta and could face sanctions.
>
“As a consequence of that probe, the Roosters know the NRL will be closely watching whatever package is compiled to entice Hayne back to rugby league.
>
“The upshot? Hayne will end up taking up an enormous chunk of club’s salary cap. That’s made the Roosters question whether he’ll be worth all the trouble.
>
“They know Hayne — the ultimate individual athlete — won’t make the same difference to the team’s culture and work ethic as Sonny Bill Williams in 2013.
>
“While at Parramatta Hayne was known to regularly train alone, or refuse certain drills altogether.”
>
Hayne’s move to the Roosters would also impact on the development of 18-year-old fullback Latrell Mitchell and potentially hurt the club’s ability to retain the rising star fullback.
No more fumbles.
>
No more fumbles.Source:Getty Images
>
**Four rival NRL clubs have publicly declared their interest in luring Hayne back to rugby league once his Olympic Games commitments are over.\
\
Gold Coast, St George Illawarra, Newcastle and the Wests Tigers made no attempt to hide their interest on Tuesday, joining Newcastle in the race for the recently retired San Francisco 49er.\
\
Coincidentally, all four clubs are currently financially backed by the governing body.**
>
Dragons coach Paul McGregor made no bones of their want for the former Eels No.1.
>
“He’s an exceptional talent. I’ve had a little bit to do with him through Fiji and NSW and we’re always after quality players and he is at the top level of that,” McGregor told reporters in Wollongong.
>
“If he was on the market we would like to be in the mix.”
>
Hayne, who sensationally quit the NFL in an attempt to play rugby sevens with Fiji in Rio later this year, has previously said he would only return to Parramatta.
>
Eels officials declined to comment on Hayne’s potential return to the NRL.

He'll go to rugby though

We better tank so the NRL feel sorry for us and pay for him with their war chest for us. Don't even care that we have a great fullback. Hayne can play halfback for all I care.

So Hayne is going to come to the WT's and play in the centres ??

Yep and Geo ,Hobbo ,FT and myself are going to be the spine of the WT's in 2017

@happy tiger said:
So Hayne is going to come to the WT's and play in the centres ??

Yep and Geo ,Hobbo ,FT and myself are going to be the spine of the WT's in 2017

All of these interested clubs must want to try out the NRL by going through the same salary cap saga as Parramatta went through.

I'm interested in Scarlet Johansson FWIW. But I wouldn't assume she'll be down Leichhardt with me for the next game quite yet.

Lol as if he'd come here (regardless of money). Why would any good player come here? What's the attraction? the amazing front office leadership of Buckets O'Neill? The coaching of JT? The chance to play with below average players (Tedesco excluded)?

We're a basket case and no one with half a brain would join us. Our ability to attract and sign good players is gone, let alone great ones.

I can't see him displacing Teddy at fullback, and unless Farah is off the books next year we won't have anywhere near enough coin to offer him.

@avocadoontoast said:
Lol as if he'd come here (regardless of money). Why would any good player come here? What's the attraction? the amazing front office leadership of Buckets O'Neill? The coaching of JT? The chance to play with below average players (Tedesco excluded)?

We're a basket case and no one with half a brain would join us. Our ability to attract and sign good players is gone, let alone great ones.

Tedesco below average??
Give yourself an uppercut mate

@2041 said:
I'm interested in Scarlet Johansson FWIW. But I wouldn't assume she'll be down Leichhardt with me for the next game quite yet.

Is your salary cap holding you back 2041 ??

@tigermac88 said:
@avocadoontoast said:

Tedesco below average??

Lol sorry just re read what you wrote

Hayne won't come anywhere near this place, he will only sign at a club that has a winning culture

@tigermac88 said:
@tigermac88 said:
@avocadoontoast said:

Tedesco below average??

Lol sorry just re read what you wrote

No probs, Tedesco is awesome, I actually feel sorry for him having to play here. When he's fully fit I think he's the best fullback in the comp.

It would be a waste of money to get him.He wont fill a position that we need.That money should be spent making a few decent purchases not 1 superstar player

It is a good point. Like, what is the drawcard to come to the Tigers.

Money? We have none.

Coach? Our coach has nothing.

History? We're a 16 year old merger.

Competitive team? We're a rabble on the field.

Facilities? Ours are horrendous.

Lifestyle? There are other clubs nearby that also have this drawcard. Better even.

We would have the be the least attractive club in the league imo. Even Newcastle has us covered with history, facilities and the one club city thing might appeal to some. There are reasons you'd go to Newcastle.

So we can/will only be signing players that nobody else wants until such times as we improve some of these areas. The ones easiest to control? Coach and facilities. We need a reputable coach with runs on the board and we need upgraded facilities and then we might be able to attract some run of the mill first graders and start improving those other factors.

Farah is one of his best mates, do you think Farah would be singing our praises after what he has been through in the past couple of years.

Except for a massive publicity exercise I really do not see the value in signing up the Hayne train, I would rather two marque players that fill a very big void in our roster than one over priced player who has been out of the game for a long time.

If we already had a strong roster, than sure go for it but I would look elsewhere

Tigers are interested in signing Hayne! I needed a laugh for the year and now I have it.

"signing Hayne to what would have to be the code’s richest deal"

We haven't got two coins to rub together let alone….

We have the best Full back in the comp.....

Hayne is also too eratic - League, NFL, Rugby 7's...... Grass is always greener.

I'll stick with Teddy thanks and buy at least 2 champion players for the same money.

Back