Anniversary coming up............

TigerGene

Way back on Easter Monday, 20 April, 1908 the Mighty Balmain Tigers played their first ever official Rugby League game at Birchgrove Oval. The result….......24 to Nil to the Black and Gold. The opposition.....Western Suburbs!!!!!

@TigerGene said:
Way back on Easter Monday, 20 April, 1908 the Mighty Balmain Tigers played their first ever official Rugby League game at Birchgrove Oval. The result….......24 to Nil to the Black and Gold. The opposition.....Western Suburbs!!!!!

They cheated! I was there. The ref was terrible.

Western Suburbs were robbed (again).The Ref was colour blind could only see the gold,missed all the black flashes going on around him.Ha!Ha!.Again if Wests had to lose who better then Balmain…......
\
\
\
\
:sign:

Shame we don't have another Birchgrove game this year. Has been a great event the past two years …. and the right result.

@TigerGene said:

Ha Ha…....threw this in for a few bites. Seriously, we need a TOPIC dedicated to the history of these two fine, proud and passionate Foundation Clubs. I never thought I would seriously accept Wests, as I have followed the Black and Gold for, well, 50 odd years now. However, ten years on and I am now accepting the joint venture with enthusiasm. The fact that both these two Foundation Clubs met in their first ever official Rugby League match, way back in 1908, tops it off for me.

As well as meeting in their first game…

Western Suburbs
Biggest Win
57 pts - 62-5 v Balmain - Lidcombe Oval 1974
Most Tries in a Game
14 v Balmain - Lidcombe Oval 1974

Balmain
Biggest Win
62 pts - 64-2 v Western Suburbs – Pratten Park 1944
Highest Score
64 pts - 64-2 v Western Suburbs – Pratten Park 1944
Biggest Loss