Aidan Sezer #279

Because I'm really fed up as to everyone whinging we have average halves, they can't play for shit etc..

Then a high profile player is suddenly on the market, and looks as tho the majority aren't even enthusiastic

I'm fkn fed up tbh, seeing all the BS around it, it's doing my head in
Have a break bro....

Screenshot_20231130_220847_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

My early prediction is sezer will be just as good as Hastings was for us in 2022. I actually believe he will be better at converting opportunities as his skills down a short side far out way hastings
Funny how Hastings played one year and picked up an injury in a year we won 4 games, and he was considered a success here?? I don’t think he played poorly but it demonstrates how big the job is in our halves.

Funny how Hastings played one year and picked up an injury in a year we won 4 games, and he was considered a success here?? I don’t think he played poorly but it demonstrates how big the job is in our halves.
Look Hastings annoyed me too the way he left but he definitely played decently individually while playing for us. I do believe he was very limited and couldn’t lead a team by himself as he’s great at marching a team around but actually lacks the talent and skills to execute the game plan and capitalise on the half opportunities. I thought the same of Cleary and thought he was heavily overrated but he has added some strings to his bow. I think there was a game maybe against the dogs where we lost 1 half and had Hastings,Seyfarth and Toa in the spine. Really showed us how limited Hastings is. Sezer on the other hand can lead a team but he can also attack and convert with his running game, good short kicking and actually a pretty good ball playing ability. He’s a more well rounded half which is what we reallly have needed since benji left. Luai will own this role come 2025 but I’m pretty excited to see how sezer goes in 2024

Look Hastings annoyed me too the way he left but he definitely played decently individually while playing for us. I do believe he was very limited and couldn’t lead a team by himself as he’s great at marching a team around but actually lacks the talent and skills to execute the game plan and capitalise on the half opportunities. I thought the same of Cleary and thought he was heavily overrated but he has added some strings to his bow. I think there was a game maybe against the dogs where we lost 1 half and had Hastings,Seyfarth and Toa in the spine. Really showed us how limited Hastings is. Sezer on the other hand can lead a team but he can also attack and convert with his running game, good short kicking and actually a pretty good ball playing ability. He’s a more well rounded half which is what we reallly have needed since benji left. Luai will own this role come 2025 but I’m pretty excited to see how sezer goes in 2024
It’ll be an interesting watch to see how he combines with Bula, Galvin/Fainu and/or Bud. I believe we lack strike power out wide and could find points hard to come by with so much inexperience but hey, Luai is only 8 months away. Something to look forward to. Haven’t felt that as a Wests Tigers fan for a while. I think Sezer might fend off the young fellas challenges and hang around for a year with Luai. At least this year we can change it if it’s still broken.

My early prediction is sezer will be just as good as Hastings was for us in 2022. I actually believe he will be better at converting opportunities as his skills down a short side far out way hastings
I agree with you prediction.
So better than Brooks and slightly better than Hastings, improving the roster in small increments, and next year the roster improves in a giant leap. I believe Luai’s signing will help recruit other decent signings. I do however hope that Bud or Fainu are good enough to relegate Sezer to reserve grade by the end of this year, bcoz that would be a great problem to have; Sezer turning back the clock, two younger halves making the grade and Luai on his way.

I just listened to the Behind The Roar pod with Aidan. Great interview, Sezer is a smart bloke and good value.
He should have been named in the 7 in our first game. Especially bcoz it was against Canberra? That was an error by the coaching dept.

Sezer has been a good player wherever he's gone. Assuming he doesn't play on either with us or someone else, I hope we can find a way to fit him into our coaching team next year when we have Luai on board. He'd be a big help, especially to young guys like Galvin and Fainu.

I'm not sure if it was an error, I saw that game as a test for Bud.
Test them in the off season and make the correct decision. I knew who I wanted playing 7 in the first game, but not having watched them train all offseason I had to believe in the coaches opinion. Well I can now confidently say they got it wrong and my suspicions that Sezer would be better to start with were correct. I hope Bud can take over by seasons end.

Stepping up in a huge way. I don't love the tactics to kick to wingers but he gets enough hang time to make it work and then chases. He had one or two poor kicks midway through the second half which stood out because his execution has been brilliant. Found touch beautifully when Galvin was off. Loving his defence. And finally the field goal. First half back since Prince, Lui was ok but not a general. As soon as we have one we look like a footy team.

Stepping up in a huge way. I don't love the tactics to kick to wingers but he gets enough hang time to make it work and then chases. He had one or two poor kicks midway through the second half which stood out because his execution has been brilliant. Found touch beautifully when Galvin was off. Loving his defence. And finally the field goal. First half back since Prince, Lui was ok but not a general. As soon as we have one we look like a footy team.
Nice kicker of the footy but I would have thought putting a few on the grass toward that big Parra winger might have paid a few dividends. Mix it up !

Back