A couple of game changing plays

Vicious

Robbie Farah`s grubber that went dead late in the first half. Moltzen was there ready to pounce and if Farah weighted that grubber correctly we go into halftime down 18-12 rather than 25-6, a big difference.

Mitch Brown`s dropped ball when we just got back to 25-18 and had all the momentum.
We never seemed to establish any field position after this happened.

We didn`t play all that well at all, but change these two plays for the better and it`s a better than even chance it would have changed the end result.

On the other hand, if the Broncos didn't stuff up on a couple of occasions, they'd have been up by 20…Moral of the story: ifs and buts don't win games..

@Tiger_heart said:
On the other hand, if the Broncos didn't stuff up on a couple of occasions, they'd have been up by 20…Moral of the story: ifs and buts don't win games..

The moral to my story is we didn`t aim up physically, yet still weren`t far off winning the game.

@Vicious said:
Robbie Farah`s grubber that went dead late in the first half. Moltzen was there ready to pounce and if Farah weighted that grubber correctly we go into halftime down 18-12 rather than 25-6, a big difference.

Mitch Brown`s dropped ball when we just got back to 25-18 and had all the momentum.

We didn`t play all that well at all, but change these two plays for the better and it`s a better than even chance it would have changed the end result.

That grubber was just dumb. It was a gambling play on the 4th tackle from memory. Why didn't we look to score through the hands or set-up for a kick that will get a repeat set? No patience.

Browns drop was poor. No idea why Ayshford was on the left. He plays right with Lawrence fit, keep him right.

I felt the game changed early, when we were going tit for tat with them completing our sets and getting ok kicks away but then we fail to get a kick away on two consecutive sets, Broncos make us pay and once we got behind on the scoreboard we went away from our gameplan and basically turned to a rabble.

@Vicious said:
@Tiger_heart said:

The moral to my story is we didn`t aim up physically, yet still weren`t far off winning the game.

I thouhgt the Broncos had our measure all night long, to be honest.

@happy tiger said:
When Moltzen was picked to play fullback

lol.
he's a s%*# fullback, but Lui is a better halfback.
where does that leave Moltzen?

Funny how I recall candles being kept lit waiting for Moltzen to come back - and half the forum praying for him to be back on the park - I wonder if he is the same player he was last year, to be honest.

@Vicious said:

Momentum is a huge thing and we had it twice in the game and you have pinpointed why we lost it both times. Very disapointing, especially Farah's kick. I can forgive a drop ball, everyone does it, but that kick…............... :frowning:

I'll nominate one a little left of centre as a game changer…

I forget who it was, but a Broncos player lost the ball in a tackle. Clear knock on. Lui picked it up and ran and was thru the defence when the ref pulled it back and called a scrum with our feed.

Why the he'll wasn't it play on???

Can anyone else remember the details?

@Tiger_heart said:
Funny how I recall candles being kept lit waiting for Moltzen to come back - and half the forum praying for him to be back on the park - I wonder if he is the same player he was last year, to be honest.

:laughing:

Bwahahaha LMFAO what a poxy place this is sometimes

Candles burning

Moltzen haterz

Fans jizzing themselves ….way to go girls!

Members online

Back