3 2 1 vs Broncos

That's true. How was his effort on Haas though? I think it's a bit of a myth Bateman is an effort player. He has come up with some horrible attempts at ta kle this season and he is barely running hard. His best game was when he was in the centres, away from the tough stuff.
Won’t be the only smaller player to miss Haas one on one close to the line. He’s an effort player who is struggling in a team who can’t score any points. That’s deflating. Had a very off day yesterday so I’m not arguing that.

We can blame refs, bunker and who ever, but at the end of the day we are the main contributors to our defeats week in and week out. Take last night, 30 seconds till half time, we run it on the last with absolutely zero chance of creating a try opportunity. The play was a deep defensive kick into the corners with a good chase. Instead we gift the Bronks with field position and three plays. They score and take all the momentum into the break plus six extra points. School boy stuff
And how predictable. I think we all knew that 25 secs could end badly. Wests Tigers football.

Yes Charlie and Nado looked good. I think they will improve over time playing next to each other.

What worried me most, we looked so slow, None of our players seem to have any pace and get run down.
Bula, Charli, Solomon
Staines tries off a lucky bounce and ball that ricocheted off his knee were fluky and in garbage time. He didn’t ice the ones we really needed in H1.

No one had a great game but here goes:

3 Papali'i - very solid first half, game didn't go his way in the second half
2 Galvin - generally looked most likely to be able to create something
1 Staines - two tries and from memory no errors

Very frustrating game. Effort was mostly there but execution often wasn't. Cause wasn't helped by silly penalties. Personally, I have been over the Bunker for some time.

Whilst Albo happily gives another $100m of borrowed funds to the corrupt President of The Ukraine, whilst fellow Aussies live in tent cities, I will freely give my 3 2 1 points as follows:

3. Grant Atkins for showing the World how to ruin the once great game of Rugby League over a two week period - In using his "discretion" calling Schnieders ankle tap a "fall" last week & not requiring a sin bin, followed up by not using his "discretion" this week in the Samuela incident by simply penalising him.
2. The bunker's Peter Gough who after his blatantly biased decision to deny the TRY to Api guarantees him the job to ref us vs The Dogs next week. The NRL must be proud of these guys.
1. Nah ... I'm gonna save this one up for a rainy Day in July.

Slava Rossii, comrade! Not sure what the war in Ukraine has to do with the game last night but good to get it off your chest.

Well I didn’t see the game but it boggles belief that a few forumers give Bateman a point for a very busy game and then another forum guy blows up about giving him a point.

I guess that’s why boxing has multiple judges and one of them always goes diagonally opposite of the others.

Well I didn’t see the game but it boggles belief that a few forumers give Bateman a point for a very busy game and then another forum guy blows up about giving him a point.

I guess that’s why boxing has multiple judges and one of them always goes diagonally opposite of the others.
Well, obviously, one set of fans is correct. ;)

Bateman played 80 mins out of position, made 120m and 45 tackles with 1 miss on the biggest and hardest to tackle guy in the game 60 mins in.

The crazy point is those who gave them to Api - missed 9 tackles in 56 mins and we didn't score a point while he was on the field and took dumb options yet someone have him 3 points.

We can blame refs, bunker and who ever, but at the end of the day we are the main contributors to our defeats week in and week out. Take last night, 30 seconds till half time, we run it on the last with absolutely zero chance of creating a try opportunity. The play was a deep defensive kick into the corners with a good chase. Instead we gift the Bronks with field position and three plays. They score and take all the momentum into the break plus six extra points. School boy stuff
Deeply ingrained in WT culture. We've seen similar lack of game management from our teams over the years, leading to some notable losses in big games. Some of the worst culprits are now our coaches.

Strangely I thought it was one of Batemans better games despite him killin the attack at times and a penalty given away

I think we are a better team with Bateman in it rather than not but I’d prefer him a second row or bench as a utility. He is a tough nut that the other players respond to and our vice captain but just doesn’t have the impact imo for the middle.

Staines tries off a lucky bounce and ball that ricocheted off his knee were fluky and in garbage time. He didn’t ice the ones we really needed in H1.
He is forever out of position, especially when Naden makes something happen in attack.

Bateman played 80 mins out of position, made 120m and 45 tackles with 1 miss on the biggest and hardest to tackle guy in the game 60 mins in.

The crazy point is those who gave them to Api - missed 9 tackles in 56 mins and we didn't score a point while he was on the field and took dumb options yet someone have him 3 points.
I’m sure some tune in, see a leg pull then go put the washing on. Tune back in and see a missed tackle then go full throttle on the keyboard like they watched every play.

I gave points to them both and stand by that.

Back