2024 - Season Expectations / Hopes

he said he fears that we will go worse this year, very concerned about the trial against the Dragons ..Kent chimed and said we wont win more then 3 games
Well there's the incentive to win 4 games and really stick it to Kent.

4 games, 3 years running, that's what you call consistent effort. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The guy is nothing but a K*nt, but I'm glad to see him back because he really livens up some of the people on here.

Fairly simple - i want to enjoy watching the tigers play- the game the team played against the cowboys in Sydney last year was great to watch and more games like that please.
Conversely,less games like that debacle against the Cowboys in the return game last year.
I want to see the team play with some passion and the result of each game matters.

I expect Sezer to bring some organisation and thus more wins. Check this out (scroll to bottom):

Watch the videos at the bottom. Sezer tells Galving to stay behind the ruck until the defence line is down numbers on the open side then seamlessly gets Galvin to drift behind him creating an overlap and Bula finds the gap. More of that please.

It looks even at this earliest possible stage of the season that our squad is way short on physicality and depth. The young guys coming through are underprepared and in a competition that has seen many clubs take steps forward in their rosters, i think we will be left behind.
I can’t realistically see us being better than any team when the teams who are being bandied around as spoon potentials, such as Dragons, Raiders, Titans, have better squads and play with more intent than us.
All I hope for is that our group put in 100% effort every game - that would be a huge step forward.

Kent doesn't know you, but you know him. He won that battle, but you won the war. Never give up. It's my motto.
I've known him since he p;layed for Norths & actually wrote quality pieces for the SMH...

Since he had his one game stunt first grade game for Parra...

The bloke has always been a prick of the highest order!

No player can cop the clown with dual "smartest man in the room" and "angry ant" syndromes!

Many will say Marshall deserves some latitude as this is his first year...
I will give that concession but only ever so slightly... He's had a bit of a work experience time with sheens though many feel a few years solo in lower grades is the way to go
He's put his hand up to do the job... I doubt he expects any free passes due to his inexperience... But it is a fact regardless of one's opinion on that
We forever seem to have conditions and excuses at the ready... It's a five year plan, it won't be till. Next year etc etc... We never seem to be focusing on the now it's always next year blah blah... We get frustrated with results... We choose the wrong people who we put up with until it's too late and then we must change and it's all back to square one.
The independent review has been a huge shake up in the joint I'm hoping and that is why I'm prepared to give them all some more time (God Id love five bucks for every time I've read on here " we must be patient")
I'm worried however that in only the second game if the year and a pussy trial at that where you'd expect blokes to be jumping outta their skin and wanting a run and to play well... We clear as day didn't turn up... This has to stop yesterday
I want. Us to look like we wanna play for our team mates and I want us to look like we are trying new things at training regardless if it comes off or not... Just have a go no more fear of screwing up just try new stuff. Grow your game grow yourselves!

Many will say Marshall deserves some latitude as this is his first year...
I will give that concession but only ever so slightly... He's had a bit of a work experience time with sheens though many feel a few years solo in lower grades is the way to go
He's put his hand up to do the job... I doubt he expects any free passes due to his inexperience... But it is a fact regardless of one's opinion on that
We forever seem to have conditions and excuses at the ready... It's a five year plan, it won't be till. Next year etc etc... We never seem to be focusing on the now it's always next year blah blah... We get frustrated with results... We choose the wrong people who we put up with until it's too late and then we must change and it's all back to square one.
The independent review has been a huge shake up in the joint I'm hoping and that is why I'm prepared to give them all some more time (God Id love five bucks for every time I've read on here " we must be patient")
I'm worried however that in only the second game if the year and a pussy trial at that where you'd expect blokes to be jumping outta their skin and wanting a run and to play well... We clear as day didn't turn up... This has to stop yesterday
I want. Us to look like we wanna play for our team mates and I want us to look like we are trying new things at training regardless if it comes off or not... Just have a go no more fear of screwing up just try new stuff. Grow your game grow yourselves!
You mention God. He (or she?) can't help us. Can only help ourselves. Am I a pessimist if I say Canberra will demolish us next week? If they do, I, like you, will be calling for patience.

I've known him since he p;layed for Norths & actually wrote quality pieces for the SMH...

No player can cop the clown with dual "smartest man in the room" and "angry ant" syndromes!
The SMH. The last bastion of hope. Non-biased and quality league writers. Not a bad newspaper either.

You mention God. He (or she?) can't help us. Can only help ourselves. Am I a pessimist if I say Canberra will demolish us next week? If they do, I, like you, will be calling for patience.

Probably a realist.
Personally it's hard to be genuinely confident which I can Remember the days of 2010 & 11 expecting to win most weeks. And. It was a genuine expectation of success we were very good back then

I need something anything these days in the week leading up to a game viewing from the Ikea grandstand... I rarely. Attend these days can't justify paying for something that gives.me.the shits mostly

If I just tell myself some luck our way.. An injury to them or a send off etc... They take. It a touch easy then I can watch at least with a bit o f hope... Usually only lasts for a short time

Probably a realist.
Personally it's hard to be genuinely confident which I can Remember the days of 2010 & 11 expecting to win most weeks. And. It was a genuine expectation of success we were very good back then

I need something anything these days in the week leading up to a game viewing from the Ikea grandstand... I rarely. Attend these days can't justify paying for something that gives.me.the shits mostly

If I just tell myself some luck our way.. An injury to them or a send off etc... They take. It a touch easy then I can watch at least with a bit o f hope... Usually only lasts for a short time
I hear you brother. The steamy Bangkok nights help me. If not for those, I'd have nothing to be thankful for.

Worked with his father for a few months many years ago. He was seemed pretty cruisey but he was retiring. (Labourer)

So, what's the story behind the 25-18 scoreline westTAHger?
It's a fun score line that I have been hoping to happen for quite a few seasons now.
As wests tigers haven't been going well for a while.
The score was constantly predicted to take our minds of the lack of finals achievements.

If is does ever occur, I'll probably pick another random result.

Members online

Back