2024 Predicted Origin Teams

apparently Madge had sounded Wighton out. quite frankly I think we need him, he's a competitor. big fan of McInnes and I think he makes sense. Api around a tired ruck would be lethal.
I don't know what the deal is with McInnes, but since he moved to the sharks and they started using him as a utility forward his service has gone to absolute poo. I wouldn't mind them keeping him on the bench, but Api needs/deserves to start.

1. Tedesco
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. Wighton
5. Trbojevic
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Kolomatangi
12. Olakau'atu
13. Murray or Yeo 'but not both'

14. Koroisau
15. Utoikamanu / Barnett or Paulo
16. May
17. Young / Martin
Cook ahead of Api???

Even his club coach would not go that way

It's been a while since I've picked a team. This is who I'm going with.

1. James Tedesco
  2. Brian To’o
  3. Bradman Best
  4. Stephen Crichton
  5. Zac Lomax
  6. Matt Burton
  7. Nathan Cleary
  8. Payne Haas
  9. Api Koroisau
  10. Jake Trbojevic
  11. Angus Crichton
  12. Liam Martin
  13. Isaah Yeo
  14. Jack Wighton
  15. Cameron McInnes
  16. Hudson Young
  17. Stefano Utoikamanu
  18. Nicho Hynes

I know a lot of people want Edwards and Hynes in, but NSW issue the past few years has been their attack, not defence. Teddy has got better recently and plays both sides in attack. Hynes + Cleary would be clunky and not complimentary, and with a fullback in Edwards who only plays right side 25 rounds a year I don't think you could put them all in. You can't put too many cooks in the kitchen. You have to have a balanced mix of talent, hard work, and chemistry. I'd pick Moses if he was fit, but he's not. Burton is in great form and can compliment Cleary, he also has played with Cleary at penrith in the past.

1. Edwards / Trbojecvic
2. To'o
3. Mitchell
4. Trbojecvic / Crighton
5. Crighton / Garrick
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Koroisau
10. Haas
11. Crighton / Murray "when fit"
12. Olakau'atu
13. Yeo

14. Egan / McInnes
15. Barnett
16. May
17. Murray / Young / Martin / Preston / Lucas

Tricky decision coz Madge knows Cook but I think API playing more consistent football. Unless of course Madge goes away from both of them and goes for youth ?
But who would he turn to ? Cronulla guy going well ? Is it Brailey ?
Api was hooker under Madge in their GF with Luke suspended....

Cook got dropped to reggies this season for a reason...

It's been a while since I've picked a team. This is who I'm going with.

1. James Tedesco
  2. Brian To’o
  3. Bradman Best
  4. Stephen Crichton
  5. Zac Lomax
  6. Matt Burton
  7. Nathan Cleary
  8. Payne Haas
  9. Api Koroisau
  10. Jake Trbojevic
  11. Angus Crichton
  12. Liam Martin
  13. Isaah Yeo
  14. Jack Wighton
  15. Cameron McInnes
  16. Hudson Young
  17. Stefano Utoikamanu
  18. Nicho Hynes

I know a lot of people want Edwards and Hynes in, but NSW issue the past few years has been their attack, not defence. Teddy has got better recently and plays both sides in attack. Hynes + Cleary would be clunky and not complimentary, and with a fullback in Edwards who only plays right side 25 rounds a year I don't think you could put them all in. You can't put too many cooks in the kitchen. You have to have a balanced mix of talent, hard work, and chemistry. I'd pick Moses if he was fit, but he's not. Burton is in great form and can compliment Cleary, he also has played with Cleary at penrith in the past.
He'd be the first fullback in history to only play on one side of the field...

Amazing he has three Premiership rings with such a glaring flaw as leaviing half the field not covered from the fullback position...

PS - Jack Wighton has retired from rep football

Not Tigers related but I'm hearing there is big shock in NSW origin camp this year. Nathan Cleary has been nursing an injury since Round 3 this year and he's nowhere near 100%. Named to play this round but he's still got a niggling injury that has been persistent. Madge was informed recently by Penrith. Madge is going through potential replacements depending on how the injury goes. As well as Jesse Ramien, I've got mail that a few other Sharks are going to be in the team

Not Tigers related but I'm hearing there is big shock in NSW origin camp this year. Nathan Cleary has been nursing an injury since Round 3 this year and he's nowhere near 100%. Named to play this round but he's still got a niggling injury that has been persistent. Madge was informed recently by Penrith. Madge is going through potential replacements depending on how the injury goes. As well as Jesse Ramien, I've got mail that a few other Sharks are going to be in the team

So you watched Mondays episode of 100% Footy as well?

No Tino, no Gilbert.....

Nothing is ever easy.
And they have loads of forward depth. Fotuaika, Flegler, Carrigan, Cotter, Neame, Hetherington, Hopgood, Fifita, Nanai, Welch, Plath, Collins, Horsburgh.

NSW is bare in comparison. Guys like RCG and Paulo are way out of form. Stefano is out of form. Saifiti bros out of form. Klemmer way past it. Frizell injured. Murray injured. Origin is won in the forwards. I find it funny how quick people are to criticise the spine players like Teddy and Cleary but the forwards have been pathetic the past 2 series

Back