2023 NRL All Stars

C

Cobarcats

The first ever NRL Harvey Norman All Stars in New Zealand will feature Premiership and representative stars alongside some of the best up-and-coming talent in the men's and women's games, as the NRL today announced the teams for the showcase at Rotorua International Stadium on Saturday 11 February.

Indigenous-All-Stars-2022-Jersey-NRL-Rugby-League.jpg
MAR22LJ.jpg
I'm unsure what this years jersey are?? The home crowd will see Māori superstars including Joseph Manu, James Fisher-Harris, Joseph Tapine and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, up against visiting Indigenous All Stars including Latrell Mitchell, Josh Addo-Carr, Nicho Hynes and Selwyn Cobbo.

The Harvey Norman Women's All Stars will feature Māori stars including Kennedy Cherrington, Zahara Temara and Olivia Kernick, taking on an Indigenous line-up that includes the likes of Shaylee Bent, Caitlan Johnston and Jaime Chapman.

The women's and men's matches will follow a curtain-raiser between the Māori and Indigenous All Stars Touch Football teams.

Tickets are available from NZD$40 for adults and NZD$85 for families via nrl.com/tickets.

Maori All Stars (Men)
Jesse Arthars
Daejarn Asi
Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Zach Dockar-Clay
James Fisher-Harris
Corey Harawira-Naera
Morgan Harper
Royce Hunt
Joseph Manu
Zane Musgrove
Briton Nikora
Hayze Perham
Adam Pompey
Jordan Rapana
Jordan Riki
Joseph Tapine
Starford Toa
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Dylan Walker
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Coach: Ben Gardiner

Indigenous All Stars (Men)
Josh Addo-Carr
Bailey Butler
Selwyn Cobbo
Tyrell Fuimaono
J'maine Hopgood
Nicho Hynes
Ryan James
Josh Kerr
Ezra Mam
Latrell Mitchell
Shaquai Mitchell
Kierran Moseley
Brent Naden
Tyrone Peachey
Tyrell Sloan
Chris Smith
Will Smith
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Cody Walker
Jack Wighton
Coach: Ronald Griffiths

Maori All Stars (Women)
Brooke Anderson
Destiny Brill
Gayle Broughton
Harata Butler
Kahu Cassidy
Kennedy Cherrington
Laikha Clarke
Zali Fay
Mya Hill-Moana
Olivia Kernick
Shannon Mato
Capri Paekau
Aaliyah Paki
Shanice Parker
Ashleigh Quinlan
Tiana Raftstrand-Smith
Jasmin Strange
Zahara Temara
Kailey Thompson
Amy Turner
Coach: Keith Hanley

Indigenous All Stars (Women)
Essay Banu
Shaylee Bent
Jaime Chapman
Bree Chester
Kirra Dibb
Quincy Dodd
Taliah Fuimaono
Tallisha Harden
Caitlan Johnston
Keilee Joseph
Bobbi Law
Mia Middleton
Sareka Mooka
Jasmine Peters
Kaitlyn Phillips
Shaniah Power
Jada Taylor
Tahlulah Tillett
Coach: Ben Jeffries

All Stars matches will be broadcast live on the Nine Network, Fox League, Kayo.
We hope 🤞
I'll go through and bold our players in a minute.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurie stoked to get Indigenous call up​

Wests Tigers
Thu 2 Feb 2023, 09:08 PM

Share on social media​

Daine Laurie has been called into the Indigenous squad to play the Maori All Stars in New Zealand on Saturday week.
221901---train-6-1.jpg

The Wests Tigers fullback says he is ‘stoked’ to get the call-up for what will be his second taste of senior representative football, following last year’s selection in the PM’s XIII.

dsc00330-1.jpg

Laurie will be joined by his good mate and Wests Tigers teammate, Brent Naden for the All Stars match in Rotorua on Saturday 11th February.
‘Yeh, I’m over the moon, stoked to be playing for my people,” he said.
This will be the first time I've played for the Indigenous team and it means a lot to me.
Daine Laurie
“Mango (Matty Bowen) rang me this morning with the news and I’ve been smiling all day.”
Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens says Laurie thoroughly deserves the opportunity.
“He’s had a very good pre-season, trained really well, and I’m happy for him,” said Sheens.
“He had an injury interrupted season last year but did well in a difficult season.
"I’m sure Daine and Brent will represent our club, their culture and their community with pride."

2023 Harvey Norman All Stars​

Rotorua International Stadium, Saturday February 11​

• 2:00pm NZDT (12:00pm AEDT) — Gates Open at Rotorua International Stadium
  • 2:05pm (12:05pm AEDT) — Mixed Touch Football, Indigenous vs. Māori All Stars
  • 3:30pm NZDT (1:30pm AEDT) — Women's Māori vs. Indigenous All Stars
  • 5:40pm NZDT (3:40pm AEDT) — Men's Māori vs. Indigenous All Stars

Simpkins selected for All Stars​

Wests Tigers
Fri 3 Feb 2023, 11:47 AM

Share on social media​

Tukimihia Simpkins has been called into the Māori squad for the upcoming All Stars match in New Zealand.
tuki_2.jpg

The 21-year-old will return to his city of birth, Rotorua, for the clash against the Indigenous All Stars on Saturday 11th February, where he will be lining up against Wests Tigers teammates Daine Laurie and Brent Naden.

Simpkins made his NRL debut as a 19-year-old against the Broncos in Round 18 of the 2021 season, playing a further four games in the top grade that season.
The young forward has proudly represented his Māori heritage at Under-15s and Under-17s, but says to do it for the All Stars is something special.
“I’m over the moon and can’t wait to return to Rotorua,' he said.
This is a really important moment for me and my family and I will pull on the Māori jersey with immense pride.
Tuki Simpkins
"I'm sure a few of my mates from back home and plenty of family will be there to watch."
Wests Tigers head coach Tim Sheens is happy Simpkins has been given this opportunity.
“Like Daine and Brent, Tuki has worked really hard in pre-season training and it’s great that he’s been called into the Māori squad," said Sheens.
I wish them all well and I know they will give their very best.
Tim Sheens
Wests Tigers teammates Starford To’a and Will Smith were named in the initial All Stars squads but will not be playing.

2023 Harvey Norman All Stars​

Rotorua International Stadium, Saturday February 11​

• 2:00pm NZDT (12:00pm AEDT) — Gates Open at Rotorua International Stadium
  • 2:05pm (12:05pm AEDT) — Mixed Touch Football, Indigenous vs. Māori All Stars
  • 3:30pm NZDT (1:30pm AEDT) — Women's Māori vs. Indigenous All Stars
  • 5:40pm NZDT (3:40pm AEDT) — Men's Māori vs. Indigenous All Stars

The first ever NRL Harvey Norman All Stars in New Zealand will feature Premiership and representative stars alongside some of the best up-and-coming talent in the men's and women's games, as the NRL today announced the teams for the showcase at Rotorua International Stadium on Saturday 11 February.

View attachment 4258
View attachment 4259
I'm unsure what this years jersey are?? The home crowd will see Māori superstars including Joseph Manu, James Fisher-Harris, Joseph Tapine and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, up against visiting Indigenous All Stars including Latrell Mitchell, Josh Addo-Carr, Nicho Hynes and Selwyn Cobbo.

The Harvey Norman Women's All Stars will feature Māori stars including Kennedy Cherrington, Zahara Temara and Olivia Kernick, taking on an Indigenous line-up that includes the likes of Shaylee Bent, Caitlan Johnston and Jaime Chapman.

The women's and men's matches will follow a curtain-raiser between the Māori and Indigenous All Stars Touch Football teams.

Tickets are available from NZD$40 for adults and NZD$85 for families via nrl.com/tickets.

Maori All Stars (Men)
Jesse Arthars
Daejarn Asi
Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Zach Dockar-Clay
James Fisher-Harris
Corey Harawira-Naera
Morgan Harper
Royce Hunt
Joseph Manu
Zane Musgrove
Briton Nikora
Hayze Perham
Adam Pompey
Jordan Rapana
Jordan Riki
Joseph Tapine
Starford Toa
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Dylan Walker
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Coach: Ben Gardiner

Indigenous All Stars (Men)
Josh Addo-Carr
Bailey Butler
Selwyn Cobbo
Tyrell Fuimaono
J'maine Hopgood
Nicho Hynes
Ryan James
Josh Kerr
Ezra Mam
Latrell Mitchell
Shaquai Mitchell
Kierran Moseley
Brent Naden
Tyrone Peachey
Tyrell Sloan
Chris Smith
Will Smith
Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
Cody Walker
Jack Wighton
Coach: Ronald Griffiths

Maori All Stars (Women)
Brooke Anderson
Destiny Brill
Gayle Broughton
Harata Butler
Kahu Cassidy
Kennedy Cherrington
Laikha Clarke
Zali Fay
Mya Hill-Moana
Olivia Kernick
Shannon Mato
Capri Paekau
Aaliyah Paki
Shanice Parker
Ashleigh Quinlan
Tiana Raftstrand-Smith
Jasmin Strange
Zahara Temara
Kailey Thompson
Amy Turner
Coach: Keith Hanley

Indigenous All Stars (Women)
Essay Banu
Shaylee Bent
Jaime Chapman
Bree Chester
Kirra Dibb
Quincy Dodd
Taliah Fuimaono
Tallisha Harden
Caitlan Johnston
Keilee Joseph
Bobbi Law
Mia Middleton
Sareka Mooka
Jasmine Peters
Kaitlyn Phillips
Shaniah Power
Jada Taylor
Tahlulah Tillett
Coach: Ben Jeffries

All Stars matches will be broadcast live on the Nine Network, Fox League, Kayo.
We hope 🤞
I'll go through and bold our players in a minute.
Indigenous coach Ben Jeffries ...ex WT's Ben Jeffries ???

All this coolective bargaining and salary cap issues must damage the product surely. It's taken the gloss off a bit.

Gotta say I hate starting the season with a rep game.
Teams are mostly not selected on form and are largely based on who is available that possesses a certain criteria.
It takes away all the prestige of being selected to play representative football.

Gotta say I hate starting the season with a rep game.
Teams are mostly not selected on form and are largely based on who is available that possesses a certain criteria.
It takes away all the prestige of being selected to play representative football.
Still the passion and culture is there. I'll be celebrating it. But I get your point.
I look forward to this game every year.

Members online

Back