2021 WT "participation" player of the year award

Go_You_Good_Things

Following on from Demps' thread, it's only fair to recognise those that "had fun" playing the game, and don't understand that NRL level actually IS about winning and losing. It seems wrong to call this " the most useless player of 2021" . . .
They might lack talent and application . . . but all of God's children should be able to play if they want to.
Brooks or Noffa. Can't split them.

@go_you_good_things said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1465362) said:
Following on from Demps' thread, it's only fair to recognise those that "had fun" playing the game, and don't understand that NRL level actually IS about winning and losing. It seems wrong to call this " the most useless player of 2021" . . .
They might lack talent and application . . . but all of God's children should be able to play if they want to.

Mbye

@tilllindemann said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1465363) said:
@go_you_good_things said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1465362) said:

Mbye

We have a winner

Brooks, a decent enough skill set but doesn’t have the personality or attitude to run a team.

Talau..

Likes the glits and the glamour of the game.
Living off his old man's name like many before him.
The sironens, the Pearces...

But doesn't show much promise on the field.
Needs a long hard look in the mirror and ask himself if this is the career for him.

Kebab breakfasts with Nofo after a loss is all well and good but one's mind must be on the prize.... coming through, the winners eat, breathe and live with success of making it in mind. Once you've made it... you must have the same focus at succeeding at it and building a legacy that will be remembered.

@demps said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1465419) said:
Talau..

Needs a long hard look in the mirror and ask himself if this is the career for him.

Kebab breakfasts with Nofo after a loss is all well and good but one's mind must be on the prize.... coming through, the winners eat, breathe and live with success of making it in mind. Once you've made it... you must have the same focus at succeeding at it and building a legacy that will be remembered.

I'm so glad you post on here. Our thoughts on Talau line up perfectly. It makes me feel insane reading the praise he gets on this forum. From what I have seen from him, he is only in first grade on name alone.

@innsaneink said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1466061) said:
@happy_tiger said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1466039) said:
Junior Pauga and Zac Cini

I think Pauga may have a future

Does he have trade qualifications Ink ??

@happy_tiger said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1466064) said:
@innsaneink said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1466061) said:
@happy_tiger said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1466039) said:

Does he have trade qualifications Ink ??

Ouch! The Empire Strikes Back...

Thank God someone created this thread, I have been struggling for an outlet to express my witty and enlightening point of view that "player x" is rubbish and has not contributed to the success of our team.

@demps said in [2021 WT "participation" player of the year award](/post/1465419) said:
Talau..

I think you have hit the nail on the head in terms of why our club struggles so much. We are a club which only exists so a certain set of players can live the NRL lifestyle. They don't care how good or bad they play, or how the team is going, all they want is a top 30 spot and the social connections that gives them.

Then when they leave the WT bubble, they realise how easy they had it, work harder, and finally fulfil their potential.

Pauga ain't no spring chicken...

I liked what I saw but yeah, expectations are low.

He made grade and wasn't horrible.
Lot to work on though.

Back