cochise

Wests Tigers v Raiders Trial at LO

Canberra Raiders in 2021 trial match
Author
Wests Tigers
Timestamp
Mon 30 Nov 2020, 03:00 PM
Share on social media

Wests Tigers will host the Canberra Raiders at Leichhardt Oval in an NRL trial match on Friday, 26th February in preparation for the 2021 NRL season.

The fixture is the first time in over a decade that Leichhardt Oval will host an NRL trial match with the Friday night fixture operating as the only official trial match for Michael Maguire’s side prior to their Round 1 season opener on Sunday, 14th March, 2021.

A kickoff time for the fixture will be confirmed closer to the date.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said the home trial match would play a key role in the side’s preparation for the 2021 campaign.

“Running out at Leichhardt Oval in a trial match is not something we’ve done as a club for a long time so it’s an exciting occasion for our Members and fans,” Pascoe said.

“This will be the first chance that our Members and fans have to see our 2021 side in action and we’re all looking forward to seeing several new faces on the field.”

Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner said the pre-season fixture was an exciting one for fans to look forward to in the coming seasons.

“We thank the Wests Tigers for agreeing to be our trial opponents in 2021 and we look forward to hosting the return fixture in the pre-season of 2022 on the South Coast of NSW,” Furner said. “Our club is very much looking forward to kicking off our 2021 campaign against our old foes.”

For those wanting to see Wests Tigers in action prior to Christmas, the club’s Jersey Flegg and Tarsha Gale teams will both be in action in a trial match on Friday, 19th December.

Hosted at Kirkham Oval, Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg and Tarsha Gale will face off against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in trial matches to be played in the afternoon and evening.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/30/wests-tigers-to-host-canberra-raiders-in-2021-trial-match/

@BalmainJnr said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274143) said:
I like it. Should be a good hit out for the club.

They should give us our seats for that game. lol

@cochise said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274144) said:

Was thinking the same thing. I might even lob up that morning and just claim my spot.

@BalmainJnr said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274148) said:
@cochise said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274144) said:

Was thinking the same thing. I might even lob up that morning and just claim my spot.

Save mine for me.

@Harvey said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274145) said:
Why play against the team that you face in round 1?

Maybe we will give them a false sense of security .....

I wonder if the 2022 return trial will be at Milton? We played there in 05 I think it was.

Schooner for who recalls the last trial.at LO

@innsaneink said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274160) said:
I wonder if the 2022 return trial will be at Milton? We played there in 05 I think it was.

Man I was there, but Im struggling. Manly?

Balmain v Glebe?

@Tiger5150 said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274164) said:

Hazy memory too... Thought maybe manly too

I remember a trial there against them waaaay back woulda been 03 or 04 massive storm hit and they stopped. Play for a while

LO and Raiders remind me of Luke odonnell

@innsaneink said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274177) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274164) said:

Hazy memory too... Thought maybe manly too

I remember a trial there against them waaaay back woulda been 03 or 04 massive storm hit and they stopped. Play for a while

LO and Raiders remind me of Luke odonnell

So do I get the schooner?

@innsaneink said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274205) said:
Yeah rightio... Only new or reschs tho none of this new.pussy aldi pee

Both my go to beers.

@Geo said in [2021 Trials](/post/1274208) said:
Only 1 trial...gee I hope we win ..otherwise waste of a pre-season..

Not if we beat them in round 1 lol

Manly at Leichhardt way back in 2000 or something?

Article said it was a bit past 10 years since we trialled there... Probably 08-'10 seasons thereabouts.
I recall a game against Canberra early one year it was election day all the Raiders fans had Greens election signs though think that may have been a comp game

Looking forward to all the the drama queens whinging about another loss and how woeful our club and team is and how half the team should have their contracts turn up immediately. Ahhhh..... Good times, good times.

Back