2021 Software update

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Hi all,

As you may have noticed, there are some slight differences to the forum today.

Overnight I brought the forum software up to the latest version. I usually do this around this time of year as it's when we are at our quietest. It's important to do it each year so that any bug fixes and security holes and get fixed.

Generally there aren't many new features, although the layout has been tweaked. I'm working to get the mobile sidebar restored.

If you notice anything that doesn't look right please let me know here.

cheers

@kul said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294137) said:
Hi all,

Overnight I brought the forum software up to the latest version. I usually do this around this time of year as it's when we are at our quietest. It's important to do it each year so that any bug fixes and security holes and get fixed.

Generally there aren't many new features, although the layout has been tweaked. I'm working to get the mobile sidebar restored.

cheers

Always appreciate your work @Kul

@mike said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294139) said:
Hi all,

cheers

Cheers mate.
It's been a loooong weekend with lots of coffee.
I'd hoped to have it completed yesterday but it's amazing how even the best plans can be disrupted. The initial upgrade failed because several users from years ago decided to create usernames with funny characters and the system did NOT like it. So I was up until late last night trying to find them and clean it up.

@kul said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294142) said:
@mike said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294139) said:
Hi all,

cheers

Cheers mate.
It's been a loooong weekend with lots of coffee.
I'd hoped to have it completed yesterday but it's amazing how even the best plans can be disrupted. The initial upgrade failed because several users from years ago decided to create usernames with funny characters and the system did NOT like it. So I was up until late last night trying to find them and clean it up.

Oh how all too easy for a four hour job to turn into a 2/3 day nightmare. Thanks again @Kul

Hey @Kul

I know you're obviously busy with the updating, but is there any chance the quoting bug can be snuffed out as well?

@cultured_bogan said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294145) said:
Hey @Kul

I know you're obviously busy with the updating, but is there any chance the quoting bug can be snuffed out as well?

quoting bug?

@kul said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294150) said:
Hey @Kul

quoting bug?

Seems to be working here. Both desktop and mobile

Hey @Kul

quoting bug?

Sorry mate should have elaborated.

Quoting is working, but it when you quote someone, it incorrectly appropriates the quote to the person previous.

If you refer to post #4 in this thread, yourself and Mike have quoted previously. It looks as though in the quote header in post #4 that mike is quoting himself. I know your name pops up above that but it gets fast confusing and people are often mistakenly attributed to quotes that aren't theirs.

Hey @Kul

quoting bug?

Let’s see if this shows it. With multiple quotes of posts, say I quote you and then someone quoted what I said, the name of quote seen is not me. Ie @mike The name shown is from a previous quote and not the name of the person they are quoting. So what happens it looks like a quote is attributed to the wrong person. It gets very confusing. Not sure if I have explained it well enough.

Wow, I hadn’t noticed that!

Yes, I should be able to fix that.

1st day back at the Virtual Office today so I'm glad we weren't down for long...

Thx Kul and Mods for my favourite place on the WWW

Awesome work as always Kul.

Couple of things from me:

1. Any chance of a night mode?
2. Can we get pagination at the top of the thread too?

@moh said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294165) said:
Awesome work as always Kul.

Couple of things from me:

1. Any chance of a night mode?
2. Can we get pagination at the top of the thread too?

You can paginate already, or does it only show at the bottom of each page?

Hi all,

cheers

Can we get the notification icon next to the chat bubble in the banner as previous rather than in the drop down menu

@geo said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294171) said:
Hi all,

cheers

Can we get the notification icon next to the chat bubble in the banner as previous rather than in the drop down menu

Sorry to use the quote function for this one .....but when I sent a message to Hobbo about his crap EPL side just then I now can't remove the actual quote box from the screen ...the same issue I had when I tried to use the phone to message people when we last switched this over

@geo said in [2021 Software update](/post/1294171) said:
Hi all,

cheers

Actually cancel that ..it's there on desktop not on mobile..

But here is a good example of the quote issue..quoted myself and appear at the top but it looks like you @Kul wrote it..

Back