FITNESS & GYM

Every once in a while Ill have a fizzy drink on a hot day.
The first mouthful is brilliant. By the time I get to the end of the can or bottle I feel sick.
A bloke I know drinks 6 litres of coke a day. He is fat but not as big as the cattle in Dempsy’s photo above. His teeth though….they’ve cost him a fortune.
It would have to be the most consumed addictive substance known to man other than water 👍

Hey everyone! I love the idea of this thread. Today, I hit a killer leg day at the gym – squats and lunges left me feeling the burn. My goal is to get stronger and more toned. My friends at hiit training have the same purpose. Let's keep the motivation high and support each other on this fitness journey. We got this!

Last edited:
Your friend's 6-liter daily Coke habit is quite something! It's amazing how addictive some of these drinks can be. And you're absolutely right; they can take a toll on teeth and health over time.
If you ever decide to cut back on fizzy drinks and explore a healthier lifestyle, you might want to consider getting some exercise gear. I recently set up a home gym in my garage and found it to be a game-changer. It's a great way to balance out the occasional indulgence.
And speaking of gear, you can check out tuffwraps.com for some workout accessories to step up your fitness game.

Last edited:
I did some traps work (upright cable rows)? and biceps with curl bar yesterday

Lost a lot of strength and motivation but when I start it's good

Only just been able to do bench press and push ups again, the liver surgery last year stuffed up my shoulder blade... They reckon the position they have you in under anaesthetic can cause problems... My surgery was four hours

Walked four km the day before... I could see how being somewhat fit helped me during that surgery last year I need.to build strength again,. Muscle. Wastage can be a bad side effect with cancer
Plenty time on my hands now and mentally it's great so. Much better having done something productive... Enough time when Im crook to go thru the opposite

I live in Berlin and work from home. I run laps of Tempelhofer feld, which is next door,m and swing kettlebells when I can.

Check out Simple and Sinister. 100 swings a day (50 L + R) and 10 Turkish getups (5 each side).

There are Wests Tigers fans everywhere...

Only just been able to do bench press and push ups again, the liver surgery last year stuffed up my shoulder blade... They reckon the position they have you in under anaesthetic can cause problems... My surgery was four hours

Walked four km the day before... I could see how being somewhat fit helped me during that surgery last year I need.to build strength again,. Muscle. Wastage can be a bad side effect with cancer
Plenty time on my hands now and mentally it's great so. Much better having done something productive... Enough time when Im crook to go thru the opposite
Glad to hear that you are on the mend mate.

Mental prowess transforms into physical prowess.

I tend to do more cardio as I play football, but if I go to the gym I do 30 mins on treadmill, cross trainer or bike, then do 2 push horizontal, 2 pull horizontal, 2 push horizontal, 2 pull horizontal. With all the running I do I don’t do that much legs, but I might do legs once a week.

Thinking about starting to lift a bit heavier and going easier in the cardio for the next few months.

Either way I’m doing my best to keep my diet good and kj burn high leading up until the festive season. I like to cook and eat, so this is my way of keeping things under control.

Gave up alcohol 27 years ago, used to binge drink with mates mainly Friday and Saturday nights, I wasn't a great drunk and at a certain point there would always be trouble, my father and his five brothers were coal miners and they were the blue print for my habits which I willingly followed. Around 1994 I started going to a local Gym with a mate who was a police officer, my mate lasted 1 week and then had trouble breaking the contract he had signed, he became a full blown alcoholic and was sacked from the cops before dying a sad alcoholic figure. I have continued my gym work out all these years doing 2 hours a day a minimum of 5 days a week on all body parts although I only do light work on my legs. Money from not drinking all these years now allows me to travel overseas quite frequently and I love seeing new cultures and exploring history. If I want to continue my lifestyle I realize that resistance training and movement is the only way to enjoy life

For you youngsters.
I'm 72, and loving it. I really love giving the ageing process a hard time. Never drank alcohol, never did drugs or cigarettes. Have eaten reasonably well during younger years but pushed some huge weights as an airport ramp worker handling cargo.
For years I used to push three 4200 kilos pallets every night on rollers plus tonnes of baggage during shift.
Every morning I start with a check for a strong pee flow to monitor prostate enlargement issues.
Immediately after that I drink two middy glasses of water followed through the day with at leat one to two litres.
After the pee check I go to my change room and do a stretch routine using a couple of 5 kilo arm weights.
As you age, maintain a watch on urine flow, it's one of the best indicators of prostate troubles.
Water also keeps the wrinkles away. I may have a rough head but I've got no wrinkles.
Don't dawdle.
Walking fast from A to B keeps your balance and situational awareness sharp, if you don't you can have a fatal fall. I try to power up slopes and hills to get the heart rate up.It also sharpens you up for sex whenever you get the green light. p.s. Keep a prayer matt handy for that one.

Last edited:
For you youngsters.
I'm 72, and loving it. I really love giving the ageing process a hard time. Never drank alcohol, never did drugs or cigarettes. Have eaten reasonably well during younger years but pushed some huge weights as an airport ramp worker handling cargo.
For years I used to push three 4200 kilos pallets every night on rollers plus tonnes of baggage during shift.
Every morning I start with a check for a strong pee flow to monitor prostate enlargement issues.
Immediately after that I drink two middy glasses of water followed through the day with at leat one to two litres.
After the pee check I go to my change room and do a stretch routine using a couple of 5 kilo arm weights.
As you age, maintain a watch on urine flow, it's one of the best indicators of prostate troubles.
Water also keeps the wrinkles away. I may have a rough head but I've got no wrinkles.
Don't dawdle.
Walking fast from A to B keeps your balance and situational awareness sharp, if you don't you can have a fatal fall. I try to power up slopes and hills to get the heart rate up.It also sharpens you up for sex whenever you get the green light. p.s. Keep a prayer matt handy for that one.
Champion @Ike, loved reading this.
Thanks for the advice.

Back