Adam Doueihi #227

I don't think the fact he has never played there means he can't. Most backs who move to the forwards have never played there. Lawrence, Yeo, Ricketson etc. Definitely questions over his tenacity to handle the move though, agree on that.
Let’s cut him and spend his 600k on an actual lock instead of another project. He’s wasted a top 30 spot in our roster for too long, actually he’s been a complete failure since he’s been here. He was bought to play FB, he was given heaps of time and support, and was so bad we had to move him and buy another FB. Did he give back some of his money? No, he then stank it up in every other position we have gifted him trying to find out what he’s good at. Now people wanna gift him an important role like lock, the blokes a hog, and shown little to no idea on how to setup his outside men. I can’t see it and TBH, I can’t wait to see him stinking up someone else’s roster.

Let’s cut him and spend his 600k on an actual lock instead of another project. He’s wasted a top 30 spot in our roster for too long, actually he’s been a complete failure since he’s been here. He was bought to play FB, he was given heaps of time and support, and was so bad we had to move him and buy another FB. Did he give back some of his money? No, he then stank it up in every other position we have gifted him trying to find out what he’s good at. Now people wanna gift him an important role like lock, the blokes a hog, and shown little to no idea on how to setup his outside men. I can’t see it and TBH, I can’t wait to see him stinking up someone else’s roster.

I'm not against cutting him, but there is no reason to make that decision now. He is not going to command what he is on now again, not next year anyway. He will cost about 300k I'd say, that isn't going to make a difference to our signings for next year. He has the backend of the year to show if he is worth keeping at a reduced rate. We haven't had many players that can make a break out of nothing and Doueihi can, so why rush the decision. He may just mature into a very good backrower if Benji decides to try it.

I've been highly critical of the heart he has shown at times, but IMO he carries the ball stronger then any backrower we have, so let's wait and see.

I personally don't want him at lock. He is a hole runner with a bit of skill. Edge backrow only.

In a team where we almost universally bemoan the lack of good impact from our centres, it is a little funny watching everyone want to take potentially the most natural centre we have & make him a backrower because we are all internet doctors, writing off his physical abilities due to injuries we are all, clearly, experts in.

In a team where we almost universally bemoan the lack of good impact from our centres, it is a little funny watching everyone want to take potentially the most natural centre we have & make him a backrower because we are all internet doctors, writing off his physical abilities due to injuries we are all, clearly, experts in.
Adam didn't want to play centre. He tried to shop himself around as a 6,... but that didn't work out.

He's 6ft 3 and 95kg, he'd be perfect at lock.

I'm not against cutting him, but there is no reason to make that decision now. He is not going to command what he is on now again, not next year anyway. He will cost about 300k I'd say, that isn't going to make a difference to our signings for next year. He has the backend of the year to show if he is worth keeping at a reduced rate. We haven't had many players that can make a break out of nothing and Doueihi can, so why rush the decision. He may just mature into a very good backrower if Benji decides to try it.

I've been highly critical of the heart he has shown at times, but IMO he carries the ball stronger then any backrower we have, so let's wait and see.

I personally don't want him at lock. He is a hole runner with a bit of skill. Edge backrow only.
Ok, fair play to ya. I guess I’m being a little hasty considering we’re stuck with him for the rest of the year. But he starts in reggies. If he can cut it in any position in reggies then give him another crack, bcoz I don’t reckon we’re gunna be fighting for top 8 anyway. But I’d be telling him “you have no contract beyond this year unless you make it back to NRL through reggies and even the it’s one year extension only. I to reckon he’s either a srf or centre, but he needs to bulk up or speed up depending on which position he goes with, and his D, especially his commitment to tackling, really needs to improve. Also his injury faking cramps when he drops a ball or misses a tackle has soccer written all over it. He is not fooling anyone ask Gamble. There was a poster who had a really good term for AD’s injury faking cramps but I can’t remember it. If he’s reading this please remind me. Anyway I’m a not a fan anymore, and I jump on early with old mate @Demps but unlike Dempsy I jumped off a while back when I seen him doing his best impersonation of a turnstile under the posts.

For me he isn't a natural centre. His skillset is more adaptable to closer in. His speed over 20 metres is the equivalent of a mobile backrower and his defensive decisions are questionable outwide. Usually those decisions are a little easier the closer in you are.

Douehi is a long way from the calibre of those players. He’s a lazy bludger who hopes someone else will do the job so he’ll be on the end of a win. Those players were do’ers. But the fact that you’re happy with 83% says to me that you and I have two very different expectations on what is an acceptable standard. Douehi needs to be cut asap so a player worthy of a top 30 spot can be added to the roster. Hopefully he gets a gig elsewhere so he can ruin someone else’s roster for a while.
You obviously didn't read the full thread. I previously mentioned he's on our books this year and questioned how do we get the best out of him. I believe it's at 13 or 14.

Well done Buttface! You've lived up to your name.

For me he isn't a natural centre. His skillset is more adaptable to closer in. His speed over 20 metres is the equivalent of a mobile backrower and his defensive decisions are questionable outwide. Usually those decisions are a little easier the closer in you are.
I reckon with all the young blokes coming through the team needs blokes that know and can play their position not another project player trying to resurrect his career learning a new position his heart really isn’t into. But I do agree there’s no reason a bloke with his size and skill set can’t make a go of srf. It’s his D and he doesn’t seem to be able to exert that size he has onto the opponent. Fix that and his bludging mentality and maybe you get a NRL player back. His next few months are most important for his future.

You obviously didn't read the full thread. I previously mentioned he's on our books this year and questioned how do we get the best out of him. I believe it's at 13 or 14.

Well done Buttface! You've lived up to your name.
🤣🤪🤣
Hell no, I just jumped in the middle this time and started woffling on. Ya got me. 😜 Fair call. See my replies to @king_sirro and I should have linked you in on bcoz I was sorta replying with you in mind/convo. No offence intended hey.
I reckon he’s possibly more a srf, but is definitely another project player trying to learn how to play quality footy and a new position. And does our team need that? But he does have the rest of the year to prove me wrong. I think we can all agree that FB and 5/8 are not his position.

I reckon with all the young blokes coming through the team needs blokes that know and can play their position not another project player trying to resurrect his career learning a new position his heart really isn’t into. But I do agree there’s no reason a bloke with his size and skill set can’t make a go of srf. It’s his D and he doesn’t seem to be able to exert that size he has onto the opponent. Fix that and his bludging mentality and maybe you get a NRL player back. His next few months are most important for his future.
Adam is young, he's 25. I think what none of us understand is the impact that 3 ACL injuries and almost 2.5 years (cumulative) out of the game has on your mental fortitude and strength.

But it looks like he's ready, so 14 would be the best place to start.

🤣🤪🤣
Hell no, I just jumped in the middle this time and started woffling on. Ya got me. 😜 Fair call. See my replies to @king_sirro and I should have linked you in on bcoz I was sorta replying with you in mind/convo. No offence intended hey.
I reckon he’s possibly more a srf, but is definitely another project player trying to learn how to play quality footy and a new position. And does our team need that? But he does have the rest of the year to prove me wrong. I think we can all agree that FB and 5/8 are not his position.
All good mate!

Adam is young, he's 25. I think what none of us understand is the impact that 3 ACL injuries and almost 2.5 years (cumulative) out of the game has on your mental fortitude and strength.

But it looks like he's ready, so 14 would be the best place to start.
Straight to 14? No reggies to work on a position he has never played before?

Latest posts

Back