Which player would you prefer?

Wests Tigers Discussion
Dr Ice

Which player would you prefer?

Unread post by Dr Ice » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 10:02 am

It is always easy in hindsight to pick the better players. However before the season starts, who would you prefer to have in the Wests Tigers team (current vs former players at similar stage of their careers))? And yes I know some would have preferred to have all of them.

Moses vs. Te Maire Martin – I would pick Moses, and I would probably even pick Brooks over Martin. I still think Martin will be a good player, but my opinion is that Moses will continue his form from last year and Brooks gets undervalued a lot of the time.

Suli vs Josh Addo-Carr – This is probably the better comparison as they are both young and inexperienced players (and a comparison to Rankin would lead to obvious comments). Suli for me as he looks to have a more solid all round game and a longer term centre option as well. Addo-Carr might make some highlight reels, but would still pick Suli to be a better long term player.

Aloiai vs Curtin Sironen – while Aloiai looks like he might be playing more in the middle this year I would still rather him in our 17 over Curtis. While he did not often have great games last year, he was solid in his first NRL season especially coming back from a major injury. People were often bagging Tedesco in the year he came back from his first knee injury because he wasn’t scoring tries every week. I think Aloiai will turn out to be a very good player. Sironen will probably keep his place in the Manly side all year but doubt he make NSW or Australia teams in the future (now that Fulton is out of the picture).

Ballin/Liddle vs. Farah – no comment.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 10:10 am

Our overall squad is much stronger than it was round 1 last year.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Sabre » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 10:14 am

I would choose the same 3 as you.

Aloiai over Sironen is an easy pick.
Moses or Martin could go either way but I really think Moses is going to have a great season and really step it up.

I'd choose Suli over JAC mostly for his size. Addo-Carr gets pushed into touch way too often and doesn't seem to have much to his game besides raw pace. I think Suli adds more to our backline than JAC would.

Earl

Unread post by Earl » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 10:56 am

I'm not sure who is going to be the best 2 players out of Brooks, Martin and Moses. It's a tough pick.
I think we should have kept JAC. Suli looks good but I think a combination of Suli/JAC could be really good.
Aloiai or Sironen is at this point a no brainer for Aloiai but that might change in a couple of years time. We will have to wait and see.

If we are choosing at this point I think we've probably made the right decisions.

clifferdSH

Unread post by clifferdSH » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 12:06 pm

I would probably have TMM over Brooks at this stage but imo it wouldn't make much difference anymore, so I'm fine with either

WestsBenTigers

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 2:37 pm

TMM is more of an attacking half. He plays like moses and I don't think he kicks goals (correct me if I'm wrong) IMO we could only have Moses or TMM. I would choose moses. Brooks is a solid half who looks to improve in 2017
I will support Wests Tigers through thick or thin
I will be cheering when they win
I will love the Tigers Till I Die
With loyal supporters we will fly
I love the Tigers with my heart and soul
I just love the club as a whole
If the Wests Tigers believe
We will Unite, Commit and Achieve
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Fade To Black

Unread post by Fade To Black » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 2:42 pm

How about Hodgo v Tedesco? That would be a tough one. Would probably choose Hodgo, goalkicking has been a major weakness both before and after he was with our club.

yeti

Unread post by yeti » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 2:46 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 2:42 pm
How about Hodgo v Tedesco? That would be a tough one. Would probably choose Hodgo, goalkicking has been a major weakness both before and after he was with our club.
Are you kidding? Wow! I think Tedesco is so far ahead of Hodgo it's not funny. And by the time his career has finished, I predict he will be the equal of or better than Slater.

matchball
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by matchball » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 2:49 pm

Siro won't be missed.
We kept the right 3

Fade To Black

Unread post by Fade To Black » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 2:54 pm

yeti wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 2:46 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Are you kidding? Wow! I think Tedesco is so far ahead of Hodgo it's not funny. And by the time his career has finished, I predict he will be the equal of or better than Slater.
Honestly don't think there is too much difference between them. Both were/are pretty complete players. Hodgo's goalkicking was awesome over a sustained period- massive bonus.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by jadtiger » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 3:20 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Cant agree, Tedesco is the 2nd best fullback i have seen at my club. G.Jack was best but Tedesco has potential to equal him .

bp tiger

Unread post by bp tiger » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 3:32 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 3:20 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Cant agree, Tedesco is the 2nd best fullback i have seen at my club. G.Jack was best but Tedesco has potential to equal him .
I do think there is another, who u have overlooked, tim brasher was right up there for me, but I think teddy is no:1.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 3:42 pm

Andrew Leeds. Safest fullback i have ever seen.

Speaking of safe fullbacks, that's one of Tedesco's biggest strengths. It goes unnoticed because it should be a fullbacks bread and butter, but my God is he safe under the high ball.

tigger2010

Unread post by tigger2010 » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 3:48 pm

Garry Jack definitly the tigers best fullback and one of if not the best fbs ever,only B. Slater could lay claims to being better,Brasher would be second best at the tigers but Teddy is close to surpassing Brasher if he hasnt already and may take number 1 spot in the near future.Hodgo comes in at 4th,couldnt rank k Barnes as i didnt see him play but surely has to be there somewhere

madgey76

Unread post by madgey76 » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:33 pm

Our squad is a lot stronger than last year from rd 1
Please explain I think it is weaker

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:35 pm

madgey76 wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:33 pm
Our squad is a lot stronger than last year from rd 1
Please explain I think it is weaker
Last year we had Milone, Siro, Buchanan and Halatau. This year we have ET, Idris, Suli and Felise. No brainer imo.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by jadtiger » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:38 pm

tigger2010 wrote:
Wed 01 Mar, 2017 3:48 pm
Garry Jack definitly the tigers best fullback and one of if not the best fbs ever,only B. Slater could lay claims to being better,Brasher would be second best at the tigers but Teddy is close to surpassing Brasher if he hasnt already and may take number 1 spot in the near future.Hodgo comes in at 4th,couldnt rank k Barnes as i didnt see him play but surely has to be there somewhere
Keith Barnes was a very good fullback and probably the best goal kicker ever at the tigers but fullbacks played very differently then so it is impossible to me to compare him to the style fullbacks play these days but he was excellent in his day.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 01 Mar, 2017 4:38 pm

Jason Taumalolo...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Return to “Wests Tigers”